• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

School Closings???

gordontravels

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
They are called "madrassas", schools run by Islamic Fundamentalists who teach hatred for anything Western. They teach hatred for religion, race and culture. They operate in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and many other Middle East, Asian and Island nations such as in the Philippeans. At least some of the bombers in Britain attended these schools prior to their acts. It is safe to assume that the satanists that killed on 9/11 did too.

President Musharraf of Pakistan announced that he was going to crack down on the madrassas. He said he would expel the 1400 foreign students studying there in Pakistan and he has also said he is considering closing down the schools who teach approximately 1 million students. If you don't know, the population of Pakistan is far greater than the United States.

Why aren't Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other countries stopping the teaching of hate? I know I will draw fire but the only place I have seen this story is on the Fox News Channel. Why? Isn't this something that would be a major story on any network? If it was reported throughout the mainstream media don't you think you would hear about it and have something to think about?

Also today, FNC is reporting demonstrations in many countries by Muslims who are opposed to violence in not only the name of their religion but violence for any reason. They are not qualifying their protests with "down with America" signs. They aren't speaking out against the War in Iraq when interviewed. They are of one mind; violence and violence that kills is abhorent to them. They think it is a perversion of their religion and as one Muslim woman said on FNC, "They who kill think Allah will welcome them will find the fire instead!" I agree with her.

I think we all should ask ourselves why this isn't reported by the "mainstream" media and only on one outlet. It is fact. It is news. Isn't it?
:duel :cool:

And let's not forget that the madrassas were at the heart of the Taleban regime in Afghanistan.

The terrifyingly ultra-conservative Taleban regime was unquestionably the product of Pakistan’s madrassas. Many madrassas are indeed fundamentalist in their approach to the scriptures and many subscribe to the most hardline strains of Islamic thought. It is also true that some madrassas can be directly linked to radicalism and occasionally to outright civil violence. It is estimated that as many as 15 per cent of Pakistan’s madrassas preach violent jihad, while a few have even been known to provide covert military training.

Good riddance for bad rubbish.

Y

gordontravels said:
If you don't know, the population of Pakistan is far greater than the United States.

I don't know how this plays into the conversation...maybe just a nit-pick...But Pakistan's population is just over HALF of the population of the US...(55% using a calculator)

Pakistan - 162,419,946
United States - 295,734,134

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004379.html

cnredd said:
I don't know how this plays into the conversation...maybe just a nit-pick...But Pakistan's population is just over HALF of the population of the US...(55% using a calculator)

Pakistan - 162,419,946
United States - 295,734,134

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004379.html

I didn't mean to insinuate that population breeds discontent or terrorism but again, thank you for the correction and my further education. My quote was based on faulty memory and I do appreciate you making me go look to make sure. It's one of the things a forum is for and you use it well.

In regard to Pakistan, it is far more advanced in population and it would seem that populace has more opportunity in education than either Iraq or Afghanistan. It may not be true in regard to Iraq since the people of Iraq have always held education high as a priority. But what kind of education is being dealt in these countries.

Saudi Arabia has long been a madrassas haven and a source of funding for this perverted form of education. I believe that until our so called allies are willing to deal with violent fundamentalism in both funding of and the education of their young, they are contributors to terrorism and should be treated as such. What should that treatment be? Lets see their response to out plea for action first.

gordontravels said:
It's one of the things a forum is for and you use it well.
In the last 24 hours you've seen my posts go anywhere from intelligent and logical to childish and insulting....I'm a man of many masks...

I consider it a "gift"...:2bow:

cnredd said:
In the last 24 hours you've seen my posts go anywhere from intelligent and logical to childish and insulting....I'm a man of many masks...

I consider it a "gift"...:2bow:

The key is "posts" and I take each one as an individual statement even if it is during a thread that has been posted to more than once. Progression and regression along with the consequenses of debate can always lead to understanding between two who may approach an issue from different views.

Intelligent, logical and childish posts each can have a ring of sincerity. Insulting says more about the poster than the post itself. I'd say posting to the issue rather than making it personal is the best way to go. I complement you on all your posts not having seen any that went over the top, at least in regard to me. Can't say that about some others that take insult to the limit but you would think that is what we have Moderators for. Myself? I question the lack.

gordontravels said:

Intelligent, logical and childish posts each can have a ring of sincerity. Insulting says more about the poster than the post itself. I'd say posting to the issue rather than making it personal is the best way to go. I complement you on all your posts not having seen any that went over the top, at least in regard to me. Can't say that about some others that take insult to the limit but you would think that is what we have Moderators for. Myself? I question the lack.

I've gone "over the top" dozens of times...Alway on purpose...But I only do it in response to one who has already started the progression(degression?).

If it's "respect in", it's "respect out"...works the same for garbage...

Back on topic...It seems that fundamental "jihad" is spreading from these madrasses outward...Just look at the UK in the last two months...

But are there efforts to start the wave of democracy in these places? Obviously Iraq...I'm talking about things more covert...CIA plants? RadioFree Pakistan? Missionaries?

cnredd said:
I've gone "over the top" dozens of times...Alway on purpose...But I only do it in response to one who has already started the progression(degression?).

If it's "respect in", it's "respect out"...works the same for garbage...

Back on topic...It seems that fundamental "jihad" is spreading from these madrasses outward...Just look at the UK in the last two months...

But are there efforts to start the wave of democracy in these places? Obviously Iraq...I'm talking about things more covert...CIA plants? RadioFree Pakistan? Missionaries?

News yesterday said that there are plans for an elite military force to deal with terrorist organizations in foreign countries if they are proved to be dangerous to member nations. Sorry but you probably needed to watch FNC to hear anything about it. MSNBC hasn't said a word this morning. I would suppose that Britain and the U.S. are charter members. This could be an improvement in our intelligence network that suffered under the Clinton Administration and their "wall".

It would be good to see what foreign governments will cooperate with an anti-terror campaign and who won't. Tells us who we should close our borders to.

It is safe to assume that the satanists that killed on 9/11 did too.

*sigh*

They're not satanists, they worship a completely different god! Just because they want to hurt us doesn't mean they're satanists. I mean if that's the case then the Catholic Church is satanists as well, which I wouldn't doubt.

Arch Enemy said:
*sigh*

They're not satanists, they worship a completely different god! Just because they want to hurt us doesn't mean they're satanists. I mean if that's the case then the Catholic Church is satanists as well, which I wouldn't doubt.

If you wouldn't doubt it for the Catholic Church but would for terrorists that indescriminately kill men, women and children then please, you should believe in two gods if you want. These people are a perversion to God. Their so called "fundamentalist" religion (in their eyes only) is that perversion of the world of compassion that Islam stands for. If you believe in the Bible then you know there is God and Satan. Who drives these perverts? :duel :cool:

Arch Enemy said:
*sigh*

Well they say we're satan.

gordontravels said:
They are called "madrassas", schools run by Islamic Fundamentalists who teach hatred for anything Western. They teach hatred for religion, race and culture. They operate in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and many other Middle East, Asian and Island nations such as in the Philippeans. At least some of the bombers in Britain attended these schools prior to their acts. It is safe to assume that the satanists that killed on 9/11 did too.

President Musharraf of Pakistan announced that he was going to crack down on the madrassas. He said he would expel the 1400 foreign students studying there in Pakistan and he has also said he is considering closing down the schools who teach approximately 1 million students. If you don't know, the population of Pakistan is far greater than the United States.

Why aren't Saudi Arabia, Egypt and other countries stopping the teaching of hate? I know I will draw fire but the only place I have seen this story is on the Fox News Channel. Why? Isn't this something that would be a major story on any network? If it was reported throughout the mainstream media don't you think you would hear about it and have something to think about?

Also today, FNC is reporting demonstrations in many countries by Muslims who are opposed to violence in not only the name of their religion but violence for any reason. They are not qualifying their protests with "down with America" signs. They aren't speaking out against the War in Iraq when interviewed. They are of one mind; violence and violence that kills is abhorent to them. They think it is a perversion of their religion and as one Muslim woman said on FNC, "They who kill think Allah will welcome them will find the fire instead!" I agree with her.

I think we all should ask ourselves why this isn't reported by the "mainstream" media and only on one outlet. It is fact. It is news. Isn't it?

Ya get the feeling the ACLU is smack in the middle of it screaming about how it's there right. And they should be allowed to do whatever they want,no matter how many lives it costs

Back
Top Bottom