• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

School called police on third grader who mentioned brownies

Who are you quoting?

You, please try to keep up. Assigning every ridiculous news article you find to "leftists" without providing any reasoning or making any actual arguments is childish.

So that was the misbehavior, he was appointed by Christie?

Yes, he pointed that out to show how stupid your whining is. If you're looking for someone to blame look no further than Christie, or you know, you could blame the actual person who made the decision.

You, please try to keep up. Assigning every ridiculous news article you find to "leftists" without providing any reasoning or making any actual arguments is childish.

Yes, he pointed that out to show how stupid your whining is. If you're looking for someone to blame look no further than Christie, or you know, the person himself.

It's always "those damn liberals" with some people. It gets really annoying.

It's always "those damn liberals" with some people. It gets really annoying.

People who lack the intellectual prowess to develop and defend their own thoughts tend to be forced to simplify everything by talking in monolithic terms of "left" and "right". Reasoned explanations or nuance goes completely over their heads.

People who lack the intellectual prowess to develop and defend their own thoughts tend to be forced to simplify everything by talking in monolithic terms of "left" and "right". Reasoned explanations or nuance goes completely over their heads.

Yep. It's why I don't like making generalizations, because they're almost always wrong and stupid. And not to mention that it only takes ONE person to prove a generalization to be incorrect.

And the "misbehavior" was what exactly, that rose to the level of calling the police?

Does anybody know what the kid actually said about brownies? I mean, his alleged words? I've looked but haven't found out what was actually said.

But I did click on Mak's link: Collingswood schools chief: Calling police on kids not our idea

Another Philly.com article states the school district superintendent estimates that sometimes police are called to five incidents a day:

This has created concern among parents in the 14,000-resident borough, who have phoned their elected officials, met with Mayor James Maley, blasted social-media message boards, and even launched a petition calling on the Camden County Prosecutor's Office to "stop mandated criminal investigation of elementary school students."

The increased police involvement follows a May 25 meeting among the Collingswood Police Department, school officials, and representatives from the Camden County Prosecutor's Office, where school officials and police both said they were told to report to police any incidents that could be considered criminal, including what Police Chief Kevin Carey called anything "as minor as a simple name-calling incident that the school would typically handle internally." Why police were called to a South Jersey third-grade class party

Just curious, while I do not condone it since when is someone saying something racist or perceived to be racist a criminal offense and warranting police reaction? Like it or not even children have the right to say what they want and if it is a "behavior" incident then the school counselor needs to do their job. As for the DA, they should look for a new line of work.

Some of the parents have circulated a petition in the hope of stopping "mandated criminal investigation of elementary school students." I don't see why the schools can't handle problems such as this themselves.

The are really not even on point, so I don't care.

Let's review:

School called police on third grader who mentioned brownies | Miami Herald

School called police on third grader who mentioned brownies

Brownies might seem like an innocuous snack to bring to a third grade class party. But mentioning them got a 9-year-old boy in New Jersey questioned by police in mid-June when a classmate misinterpreted his comments as “racist,” according to the boy’s mother.

Read more here: School called police on third grader who mentioned brownies | Miami Herald

This is what happens when we have leftist, race baiters running the country like Obama and his PC, race crazy followers. You good with this, lefties?

The entire point of your OP is to rant about leftists and "race baiters"

The subject of your OP is the foolish actions of a prosecutor appointed by a wannabe tough guy right winger. You then ask whether leftiest are "good with" what the right wing appointee did.

Posts 2 and 3 pointed this out to you. They could hardly be any more on point.

Sorry, I thought I was dealing with someone that knew what a quote was.

Yes, he pointed that out to show how stupid your whining is. If you're looking for someone to blame look no further than Christie, or you know, you could blame the actual person who made the decision.
The stupid part is pointing out that he was appointed by Christie. You are 0 for 2. Better fire up a few more brains cells, though I don't want to assume that there are more than the handful that you used for your response. Now get lost and don't reply, unless you can muster something up that doesn't include name calling and personal attacks. Jeez, you leftist just prove me right, over and over.

Let's review:
The entire point of your OP is to rant about leftists and "race baiters"

The subject of your OP is the foolish actions of a prosecutor appointed by a wannabe tough guy right winger. You then ask whether leftiest are "good with" what the right wing appointee did.

Posts 2 and 3 pointed this out to you. They could hardly be any more on point.

Oh, no, that is way off. First, Christie is a right winger? Nope, not even close. (And these days, I'm not even sure what you people mean by that term. I don't think you even know what you mean. You just like to blurt it out.)

Second, it's not about who appointed who, it's about the race baiting and racial lines drawn by the Obama administration for the last 8 years.

Fanning the flames of racism, now to the point where the police are being called over something this stupid. That is not a mistake, I'm sure Obama is glad to hear this is going on.

Would this have happened under any prior President? Not a chance. He has set race relations back to the point that we have schools calling the police because the word "brownie" was used.

Oh, no, that is way off. First, Christie is a right winger? Nope, not even close. (And these days, I'm not even sure what you people mean by that term. I don't think you even know what you mean. You just like to blurt it out.)

Second, it's not about who appointed who, it's about the race baiting and racial lines drawn by the Obama administration for the last 8 years.

LOL. Talk about your all time backfires. You find an article on the internet that angers you so you randomly assign it to "the leftists" without any reason in doing so. When someone points out that he was appointed by a far right conservative, a GOP candidate for president and possibly Trump's VP, you then devolve into arguing that Christie isn't conservative.

Is this really what you bring to DP? Hurl unsubstantiated insults then backpeddle when it blows up in your face? You must be a Trumpite.

LOL. Talk about your all time backfires. You find an article on the internet that angers you so you randomly assign it to "the leftists" without any reason in doing so. When someone points out that he was appointed by a far right conservative, a GOP candidate for president and possibly Trump's VP, you then devolve into arguing that Christie isn't conservative.

Is this really what you bring to DP? Hurl unsubstantiated insults then backpeddle when it blows up in your face? You must be a Trumpite.
Yes, please, go ahead and make the argument the Christie is a conservative. LOL! A "far right conservative", no less! Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! Christie, the guy that has appointed liberal judges to the NJ Supreme Court? Liberal prosecutors. That guy, that conservative? The guy that refused to join the lawsuit against Obamacare? You really don't know Chris Christie, that's for sure.

Yes, please, go ahead and make the argument the Christie is a conservative. LOL! A "far right conservative", no less! Talk about putting your foot in your mouth! Christie, the guy that has appointed liberal judges to the NJ Supreme Court? Liberal prosecutors. That guy, that conservative? The guy that refused to join the lawsuit against Obamacare? You really don't know Chris Christie, that's for sure.

The guy that ran as a major GOP candidate and fully backs the current GOP nominee. Yeah, what a liberal that guy is. I think it's sad that you can't articulate your thoughts and explain the reasoning behind your issues. Just partisan mud slinging is all you're capable of.

Let's give it a try:
Police: Killing of dad, 2 daughters was targeted attack - Tulsa World: Ap
DAMN CONSERVATIVES ARE RUINING THIS COUNTRY.

The guy that ran as a major GOP candidate and fully backs the current GOP nominee. Yeah, what a liberal that guy is. I think it's sad that you can't articulate your thoughts and explain the reasoning behind your issues. Just partisan mud slinging is all you're capable of.

That's a pathetic response. Christie is a conservative because he ran as a Republican? And he backs another non conservative? I'd say that's evidence to the contrary. You clearly don't know that you can be a Republican and not be a conservative. Educate yourself.

Back
Top Bottom