• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

School asks cop to lose the uniform when dropping off his daughter

Excon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, or in "Law and Order", or what?
So if I am posting in the wrong section, please accept my apologies in advance and ask that it be move to the appropriate sub-forum.

Apparently they've never heard of the Officer Friendly program in Arizona. When Scott Urkov got a call from officials at Entz Elementary School in Mesa, it wasn't to summon him for a meeting with his daughter's teacher. It was to ask the officer on the Coolidge police force if he'd please wear civilian clothes when dropping her off in the morning, as some parents were alarmed their children had come home talking about a gun-packing cop. Urkov has clammed up since a steaming Facebook post, the school has issued one of those we're-sorry-he-took-the-discussion-the-wrong-way non-apologies, and some parents can't understand the fuss. "Even if my kids saw that, I think they'd feel more protected to see a man in uniform at their school," said Blaine Spencer​
Scott Urkov, Arizona police officer, asked not to wear uniform to daughter's school

They source the following.

Thanks liberals for turning this nation into a bunch of *******. (the word sensor didn't sensor the word.)

Thanks liberals for turning this nation into a bunch of *******. (the word sensor didn't sensor the word.)

Good one! I love irony, even the tongue-in-cheek kind.

What a bunch of little bitches. We have armed deputies and constables in our schools at all times, so I fail to see the issue outside of spineless 30 year old pencil necked virgins, and spoiled, stuck up soccer moms being the brainless scum of the earth that they are. That cop has likely done more for the community in one day, than those bleeding vaginas will do in their entire lives.

My school had a dedicated cop that patrolled the campus. Incidently we didn't have any problems.

Something's wrong with this country if people are worried about their kids seeing a police officer, but at the same time let their kids watch murder after murder on tv. Unbelievable.

....It was to ask the officer on the Coolidge police force if he'd please wear civilian clothes when dropping her off in the morning, as some parents were alarmed their children had come home talking about a gun-packing cop.....

Hmm, some of the children are afraid of "gun-packing cops". I wonder why? But then, some on the gun forum don't seem too fond of them, either.

Anyway, it is rather odd that the school would do that. Because if they needed to call 911 who do they think would show up? Barney?

".....They invited the officer to a special assembly to talk about what police officers do for the community."

School asks officer not to wear uniform on campus

Good idea.

What a bunch of little bitches. We have armed deputies and constables in our schools at all times, so I fail to see the issue outside of spineless 30 year old pencil necked virgins, and spoiled, stuck up soccer moms being the brainless scum of the earth that they are. That cop has likely done more for the community in one day, than those bleeding vaginas will do in their entire lives.

That is disgusting. What's wrong with you?

Hmm, some of the children are afraid of "gun-packing cops". I wonder why? But then, some on the gun forum don't seem too fond of them, either.
You wonder why?
We know why.
Liberal indoctrination.

Legally he could tell them to go pound sand. As a sworn officer he is allowed to carry and be in uniform.

The loss of respect of authority (I said respect, not kotow) is glaringly obvious in those who complained about a cop *gasp!* carrying a gun, when dropping off his child at school.

Just who do they think is going to protect them if the need arises? A biology teacher waving a dead frog? A math teacher brandishing a slide rule?

How very sad, and pathetic.....

The loss of respect of authority (I said respect, not kotow) is glaringly obvious in those who complained about a cop *gasp!* carrying a gun, when dropping off his child at school.

Just who do they think is going to protect them if the need arises? A biology teacher waving a dead frog? A math teacher brandishing a slide rule?

How very sad, and pathetic.....
Slide rule, dude dont show your age like that. LOL

If i was this cop all this mentally retarded nonsense would do is inspire me to now drop off and pick up my daughter, join the PTA, make sure im at every function and i would show up in full uniform every time.

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, or in "Law and Order", or what?
So if I am posting in the wrong section, please accept my apologies in advance and ask that it be move to the appropriate sub-forum.

Apparently they've never heard of the Officer Friendly program in Arizona. When Scott Urkov got a call from officials at Entz Elementary School in Mesa, it wasn't to summon him for a meeting with his daughter's teacher. It was to ask the officer on the Coolidge police force if he'd please wear civilian clothes when dropping her off in the morning, as some parents were alarmed their children had come home talking about a gun-packing cop. Urkov has clammed up since a steaming Facebook post, the school has issued one of those we're-sorry-he-took-the-discussion-the-wrong-way non-apologies, and some parents can't understand the fuss. "Even if my kids saw that, I think they'd feel more protected to see a man in uniform at their school," said Blaine Spencer​
Scott Urkov, Arizona police officer, asked not to wear uniform to daughter's school

Would they rather a cop not be packing a gun? So ridiculous!

If i was this cop all this mentally retarded nonsense would do is inspire me to now drop off and pick up my daughter, join the PTA, make sure im at every function and i would show up in full uniform every time.

Most depts have a rule as to when and where you can sport the uni.
On duty, to and from work. But I know of one instance where a new recruit was fired for wearing his uni to his girlfriends home off duty because she wanted to take pics of him.
She put them online and ofcourse they were time stamped.

Most depts have a rule as to when and where you can sport the uni.
On duty, to and from work. But I know of one instance where a new recruit was fired for wearing his uni to his girlfriends home off duty because she wanted to take pics of him.
She put them online and ofcourse they were time stamped.

wouldnt change anything id do as much as i could that didnt break the rules of my department or laws of my state.

Would they rather a cop not be packing a gun? So ridiculous!
Yes, just like England. So when the cops show up and you are in the middle of getting stabbed to death and your head cut off, they can call for the special "armed" police to show up.

Yes, just like England. So when the cops show up and you are in the middle of getting stabbed to death and your head cut off, they can call for the special "armed" police to show up.

Crazy isn't it?

Uh - say what?
He's dressed for work, not to impress the other students.

That just seems so bizarre - who the hell would have a problem with an officer in uniform? Why did the school decide to give a damn? just how far out of line is that - no one has the right to tell you to wear something else. Especially when you're LAW ENFORCEMENT.

"Oh, I don't like the color orange, could you please avoid wearing it around me."

:Roll:

Uh - say what?

That just seems so bizarre - who the hell would have a problem with an officer in uniform? Why did the school decide to give a damn? just how far out of line is that - no one has the right to tell you to wear something else. Especially when you're LAW ENFORCEMENT.

"Oh, I don't like the color orange, could you please avoid wearing it around me."

You watch, with all the fuss. The dept will put in changing rooms with lockers and start making their officers change into uniform at work.
I have seen it done.
I think in some of the bigger cities its that way now anyway.

Uh - say what?

Maybe we don't know the whole story. Per the schools apology he took things the wrong way. Maybe they simply asked him to loose the gun because it's a gun free zone an he got very defensive and went on a rant about uniforms. I have seen people, a lot on this very forum, go nuts over something that wasn't even said. I am not defending the school if they did ask him to loose the uniform, that's just crazy but it just seems a little off. And if he was asked to loose the uniform, instead of being an adult and maybe taking it to a higher up he went on a Facebook rant? Sounds a little juvenile to me.

Maybe we don't know the whole story. Per the schools apology he took things the wrong way. Maybe they simply asked him to loose the gun because it's a gun free zone an he got very defensive and went on a rant about uniforms. I have seen people, a lot on this very forum, go nuts over something that wasn't even said. I am not defending the school if they did ask him to loose the uniform, that's just crazy but it just seems a little off. And if he was asked to loose the uniform, instead of being an adult and maybe taking it to a higher up he went on a Facebook rant? Sounds a little juvenile to me.

Face book, the new medium.
As a police officer, he shouldnt even have a face book page. But never the less, if he was with in dept guidelines for wearing his uni. There should be no issue from ANYONE.

Face book, the new medium.
As a police officer, he shouldnt even have a face book page. But never the less, if he was with in dept guidelines for wearing his uni. There should be no issue from ANYONE.

The only issue I could see would be an off duty cop not assigned to the school carrying a gun in a gun free zone. I am not saying that I think it should be an issue or it's right or wrong but that is what I can think of as the only somewhat reasonable issue in this situation.

It is interesting to hear the CON rants on this.

The cop wasn't banned from the school. He wasn't dressed down infront of his kid. He wasn't taunted as he left the school.

He was asked... that is all.

Now the really funny part about this is it is happening in AZ. Home of the Tea Party 'counter- revolution'. They have a nut job of a sheriff forming posses and posting them around the schools, political action to arm teachers and do more open carry/concealed where ever.

This isn't a school board regulation but a principle making a request.

But out come the same tired dead horses to beat and that worn out drum that needs to be tossed. Great CON lamentations!!!!

END OF THE REPUBLIC! LIBERALS ARE TAKING OVER!!!! :roll:

Now if the Governor of AZ decides gun-free school zones includes off duty cops and demands new laws....

THEN the Ranting makes a bit more sense.... :peace

Back
Top Bottom