• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff: Trump may face ‘real prospect of jail time’

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]Rep. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Adam Schiff[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (D-Calif.) on Sunday said that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]President Trump[/FONT][FONT=&quot] might "face the real prospect of jail time" after prosecutors indicated last week that he directed illegal payments during his 2016 presidential campaign.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"There’s a very real prospect that on the day Donald Trump leaves office, the Justice Department may indict him. That he may be the first president in quite some time to face the real prospect of jail time," he said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

[/FONT]
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/420450-schiff-trump-may-face-real-prospect-of-jail-time

As we have seen with the Clinton's, once our politicians lose, or leave office, they are rarely prosecuted, and jailed...That's just not the image this country has ever wanted to send, that we jail our former Presidents, etc....

Is that changing? Has TDS finally broken through the veneer of civility between the two parties to unleash certain players that think it would be a good thing for America to have opposing political parties sending their opposition to jail?

If so, and if this is the "fundamental transformation" that Obama was speaking of when he was elected, then we are on a saddening path...God help us....

As we have seen with the Clinton's, once our politicians lose, or leave office, they are rarely prosecuted, and jailed...That's just not the image this country has ever wanted to send, that we jail our former Presidents, etc....

Is that changing? Has TDS finally broken through the veneer of civility between the two parties to unleash certain players that think it would be a good thing for America to have opposing political parties sending their opposition to jail?

If so, and if this is the "fundamental transformation" that Obama was speaking of when he was elected, then we are on a saddening path...God help us....
I believe the answer to both your questions are yes. The left thinks that when it's their side facing the same thing they will be able to switch it back to the way it was before Trump and sadly they may be right.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Civility?

**** Civility.

We in revolution territory if his ass doesn't end up in jail.

Imagine the riots in France, now imagine that only with millions more people.

And yes to all you pearl clutching conservatives, property will be damaged during this riot. *Gasp* "Not the property" Yes, property.

And no one cares about "What about..."

There is nothing Trump can do to change hearts and minds. No facts anyone can share to mend the broken fences. No logic that can be applied to de escalate the situation.

At this point, the US should divorce itself and split into two ****ing countries. Not because of Donald Trump. But because of his supporters. Donald is just the front man for them. The real enemy.

He has shown everyone that those who follow him are twisted and corrupt. That their value system actively opposes those of normal Americans. And that they would sell out their own country just to feel like they are in charge.

Trump supporters disgust me.

I hope there is a civil war.

So Trump's criminal behavior and liability is the fault of TDS, and not Trump himself?!
Your desire to see Trump not brought to justice for crimes he's implicated and (and potentially more no doubt), is based on investigators over and over, finding no behavior sufficient to prosecute with Hillary, when she was Secretary of State?

Sounds like you have some issues to work out. I hope you get this figured out. Happy Holidays.

It's always a good idea to investigate and prosecute criminals, sending them to jail when justified.

Not even remotely surprised that you don't agree with that.

I make it a policy to never heed warnings that come from bobblehead dolls.

once our politicians lose, or leave office, they are rarely prosecuted, and jailed...That's just not the image this country has ever wanted to send, that we jail our former Presidents, etc....

Is that changing?

Yes, it's changing. Not since Nixon have we had so perfectly a criminal-minded person in office, and from everything I've heard about Nixon, Trump dwarfs his criminality. If there's a time to seriously consider indicting a sitting president, this is it.

You sound worried. Perhaps you need a safe zone.

Yes, it's changing. Not since Nixon have we had so perfectly a criminal-minded person in office, and from everything I've heard about Nixon, Trump dwarfs his criminality. If there's a time to seriously consider indicting a sitting president, this is it.

At this point Trump's "crimes" seem to involve paying off a couple of sexual indiscretions and trying to get a hotel licensed in Moscow. He also says a lot of cringeworthy stuff and his diplomatic skills are.....rather unrefined. I mean, maybe that does make him the worst criminal in the history of American politics but, frankly, it's a rather long way off from "conspired with Russia to hack Hillary's computer and release the results to the public for the purpose of advancing his political campaign".

At this point Trump's "crimes" seem to involve paying off a couple of sexual indiscretions and trying to get a hotel licensed in Moscow.

Your post is why Republicans' demands for evidence of crimes have always been disingenuous. When crimes are uncovered, they're minimized as "process crimes" or "paperwork errors." And of course that trend will only continue, which is why Republicans no longer get to set their imaginary and disingenuous standards for what constitutes a prosecutable or impeachable offense.

At this point Trump's "crimes" seem to involve paying off a couple of sexual indiscretions and trying to get a hotel licensed in Moscow. He also says a lot of cringeworthy stuff and his diplomatic skills are.....rather unrefined. I mean, maybe that does make him the worst criminal in the history of American politics but, frankly, it's a rather long way off from "conspired with Russia to hack Hillary's computer and release the results to the public for the purpose of advancing his political campaign".

We know
1- Trump publicly invited Russia to help him in his campaign which would violate the law
2- Russians contacted Trump campaign officials and offered to help Trump in the election which would violate the law
3- Trump campaign officials eagerly accepted the offer to help Trump in the election and that was violation of the law
4 - Russia did help in the campaign and helped Trump and that violated the law
5- Trump repeatedly and often lied about all the above trying to deceive the American people
6- Trump ordered illegal payments made as part of the campaign and that violated the law
7 - Trump conspired to obstruct illegally justice with several different actions resulting from the campaign

Sound like his goose is cooked.

This is Attorney's in SDNY, not Mueller.
This has to do with potentially having committed a felony, not with affairs.

Remember, Clinton was investigated about an AFFAIR (legal), and they got him on perjury about that affair, and impeached a sitting president for it. We're not even half way to that point yet, and you're already crying uncle?

If a President has broken the law he should be prosecuted once he leaves office.

That’s said I don’t think any President will ever see the inside of a jail. House arrest? Maybe. But actual prison? I seriously doubt it.

You do realize our current POTUS ran a campaign that regularly featured Trump and his supporters, including high level members of his campaign, running on "LOCK HER UP!!" referring to Hillary, and that's just for starters? So for you to talk about TDS is pretty dang funny.

It's stunning how complete the lack of self awareness is with some of the Trump faithful. I guess that's the only way to deal with the cognitive dissonance.

At this point Trump's "crimes" seem to involve paying off a couple of sexual indiscretions

No, this isn't the crime. You'd love to frame it as such but it's not the crime and you know it. He is alleged to have committed a felony campaign finance crime. A felony.

and trying to get a hotel licensed in Moscow.

Bribing the dictator of a country with a penthouse in a building to get his buddies who are all sanctioned under the Magnitsky Act to buy a condo in your tower would likely violate several crimes including the FCPA which is sort of a big deal for politicians to do.

If a President has broken the law he should be prosecuted once he leaves office.

That’s said I don’t think any President will ever see the inside of a jail. House arrest? Maybe. But actual prison? I seriously doubt it.

And there's the "resigns 10 minutes before the end of his term and gets pardoned by Pence" theory.

The fact we haven’t been willing to charge former Presidents isn’t civility, it is corruption.

The fact we haven’t been willing to charge former Presidents isn’t civility, it is corruption.

Indeed. When Park Geun-hye was impeached and sentenced to 24 years in prison for bribery, coercion and abuse of power, my wife and I just looked at each other and she said, "Remind me again: why can other countries hold their leaders accountable and we can't?"

As we have seen with the Clinton's, once our politicians lose, or leave office, they are rarely prosecuted, and jailed...That's just not the image this country has ever wanted to send, that we jail our former Presidents, etc...

The Clintons and nationalism can only be used to excuse so much. At some point, don't we have to hold people responsible no matter the Clintons and nationalism?

lock her up, lock her up, lock her up

lol

Don't pretend that this started now. The civility in politics broke long ago. That being said, I highly doubt that Trump will face any jail time unless it's discovered that he has done something far worse than his illegal campaign financing.

Civility?

**** Civility.

We in revolution territory if his ass doesn't end up in jail.

Imagine the riots in France, now imagine that only with millions more people.

And yes to all you pearl clutching conservatives, property will be damaged during this riot. *Gasp* "Not the property" Yes, property.

And no one cares about "What about..."

There is nothing Trump can do to change hearts and minds. No facts anyone can share to mend the broken fences. No logic that can be applied to de escalate the situation.

At this point, the US should divorce itself and split into two ****ing countries. Not because of Donald Trump. But because of his supporters. Donald is just the front man for them. The real enemy.

He has shown everyone that those who follow him are twisted and corrupt. That their value system actively opposes those of normal Americans. And that they would sell out their own country just to feel like they are in charge.

Trump supporters disgust me.

I hope there is a civil war.

You appear to support theft of land, labor, and oppose those who reject such. Dismiss equal justice and supporting the suppression of free speech is a dark path we already know leads to tragedy. We can find this out by digging through history. And it takes a special effort digging with all the progressive revisionists obfuscating as best they can.

Yours is the outraged cry of the thief as he is interrupted from his ongoing mugging. Good people know this for what it is.....

Add onto that is to call for blood in the streets(" I hope for a civil war").

When defining disgusting behavior perhaps a mirror may be required for your analysis.

An interesting lecture.

His "payments" broke several federal laws regarding campaign finance disclosure, bank fraud, and conspiracy. Petty as it was, it's a bigger crime than what Clinton was impeached for.

And as for his hotel project in Moscow, I have to laugh at the conservatives that screamed from the roof tops that Clinton couldn't be trusted because of a foundation she owns, which she never once taken a dime from for herself, but yet turn a blind eye to Trump dangling hotel deals to foreign adversaries, and then lying about it for two years.

It just goes to show the hysterics about the Clinton's were never about corruption, but pure politics.

It just goes to show the hysterics about the Clinton's were never about corruption, but pure politics.

The right has been gunning for the Clintons ever since Bill beat George H.W. They've never gotten past that. But they want to pretend that the political hysterics started with the left against Trump.

This is Attorney's in SDNY, not Mueller.
This has to do with potentially having committed a felony, not with affairs.

Remember, Clinton was investigated about an AFFAIR (legal), and they got him on perjury about that affair, and impeached a sitting president for it. We're not even half way to that point yet, and you're already crying uncle?

Clinton was impeached for, among other things, attempting to influence the testimony of Betty Curie and Monica Lewinsky regarding the affair they obstructing justice by lying about those attempts.

WTF?!?!?!?! Veneer of civility? Did you just wake up from a 10 year coma or what? Please tell me how you are able to ignore the non stop lies from the right concerning Hillary and President Obama to complain about civility? Of course, if you tried to equate the non stop lies to the current statements you wouldn’t be able to whine that democrats somehow violated some ridiculous asinine standard you just invented. So in your world the last 10 years didn’t happen. Hey I know, check out this typical out of control statement designed to foster hate and further the partisan divide in this country from the future head of the Judiciary committee

“Whether they’re important enough to justify an impeachment is a different question,” Nadler, who will likely be the next chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said on CNN. “Certainly, they’re impeachable offenses, because, even though they were committed before the president became president, they were committed in the service of fraudulently obtaining the office.” Nadler made sure to emphasize that “you don’t necessarily launch an impeachment against the President because he committed an impeachable offense,”

Remember, republicans did impeach a president just because they could. Democrats are simply not the “equal but opposite” of republicans. That’s why democrats don’t run around in a constant state of hate and fear like conservatives. But somehow in your world, only democrats run around spewing lies and hate even when its only republicans doing it. Wow. Just wow.

Back
Top Bottom