• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff knocks Trump: Negotiations over Moscow property not 'very cool'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...p-negotiations-over-moscow-property-certainly

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Sunday that President Trump's negotiations during the 2016 election to build a property in Moscow were "very compromising."

"Whether it was legal or not remains to be seen. It certainly wasn’t very cool. More than that, it was very compromising of our country," Schiff said on ABC's "This Week."
========================================================
In order for the Trump Tower Moscow deal to go through, sanctions on a big Russian bank would have to be lifted. Trump & his allies were conspicuous in beating the drum for lifting these sanctions. In the meantime, Trump repeatedly denied any financial involvement in Russia.

Collusion? What collusion?

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday...p-negotiations-over-moscow-property-certainly

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Sunday that President Trump's negotiations during the 2016 election to build a property in Moscow were "very compromising."

"Whether it was legal or not remains to be seen. It certainly wasn’t very cool. More than that, it was very compromising of our country," Schiff said on ABC's "This Week."
========================================================
In order for the Trump Tower Moscow deal to go through, sanctions on a big Russian bank would have to be lifted. Trump & his allies were conspicuous in beating the drum for lifting these sanctions. In the meantime, Trump repeatedly denied any financial involvement in Russia.

Collusion? What collusion?

If you think conflicts of interest are cool, than it was very cool.

If you think conflicts of interest are cool, than it was very cool.

Trump is one big conflict of interest. He even had his kids involved in the Moscow deal while he was denying any involvement with Russia. Liar & hypocrite. Just what we don't need as president.

At this point I'm perfectly happy with the notion of impeachment over this alone for defrauding the American public. Throw on that ordering Michael Cohen to commit a Federal crime, Emoluments violations and obstruction of justice and we're good to go.

I'm not actually interested in whether that meets some magical nonexistent standard for Republicans, because the vote for Trump was a pure expression of hatred for Clinton and they have no standard of proof to meet.

At this point I'm perfectly happy with the notion of impeaching over this alone for defrauding the American public. Throw on that ordering Michael Cohen to commit a Federal crime, Emoluments violations and obstruction of justice and we're good to go.

I predict he does a Nixon & resigns when the House starts impeachment hearings.

I predict he does a Nixon & resigns when the House starts impeachment hearings.

I don't. That goes completely against his character. I don't know quite how far he'll fracture the country in order to stay on, but resigning is way too easy. Staying in office will cause much more damage to the country, so that's what he's going to do.

I don't. That goes completely against his character. I don't know quite how far he'll fracture the country in order to stay on, but resigning is way too easy. Staying in office will cause much more damage to the country, so that's what he's going to do.

My concern is that he pulls a 'Wag the Dog' & starts an unnecessary war to deflect attention.

My concern is that he pulls a 'Wag the Dog' & starts an unnecessary war to deflect attention.

Yup, he's still got that card to play.

Back
Top Bottom