• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff: Democrats will subpoena Mueller report if Trump tries to hide it

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/policy/national...ubpoena-mueller-report-if-trump-tries-to-hide

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, says Democrats will subpoena special counsel Robert Mueller’s report if President Trump tries to invoke executive privilege to keep it secret.

“I'm prepared to make sure we do everything possible so that the public has the advantage of as much of the information as it can,” Schiff said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
===========================================
Once this genie is out of the bottle there's no way to get it back inside. Trump can spend the last 2 years of his term trying to fight the inevitable blowback from his double dealing.

https://thehill.com/policy/national...ubpoena-mueller-report-if-trump-tries-to-hide

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, says Democrats will subpoena special counsel Robert Mueller’s report if President Trump tries to invoke executive privilege to keep it secret.

“I'm prepared to make sure we do everything possible so that the public has the advantage of as much of the information as it can,” Schiff said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Once this genie is out of the bottle there's no way to get it back inside. Trump can spend the last 2 years of his term trying to fight the inevitable blowback from his double dealing.

Schiff won't get anything unless the DOJ gives it to him...and then, it'll be highly redacted.

But hey...Schiffty is just LOOKING for something to cry about. I'm thinking he'll get it.

it's interesting that the first response to this thread is an attempt to defend covering the report up. even Trump's supporters suspect that the report will likely dig up some inconvenient facts. lol

While this statement from Schiff is no surprise to anyone who has followed this, it is a good thing for him to say this publicly. I have little doubt that when Mueller issues his report, Trump will do anything he can muster to make sure the most damaging parts are not seen by the American people. It is good to see Schiff say that he will do everything in his powers to make sure the American people get the information.

it's interesting that the first response to this thread is an attempt to defend covering the report up. even Trump's supporters suspect that the report will likely dig up some inconvenient facts. lol

Of course they are frightened to death of the prospects and they will pull out all the nefarious stops to hide it from the American people.

If this happens, I would love to see a copy direct from the Mueller investigation magically land on the desk of the New York Times.

Schiff won't get anything unless the DOJ gives it to him...and then, it'll be highly redacted.

But hey...Schiffty is just LOOKING for something to cry about. I'm thinking he'll get it.

That report ain't gonna leak itself, yano?

While this statement from Schiff is no surprise to anyone who has followed this, it is a good thing for him to say this publicly. I have little doubt that when Mueller issues his report, Trump will do anything he can muster to make sure the most damaging parts are not seen by the American people. It is good to see Schiff say that he will do everything in his powers to make sure the American people get the information.

Schiffty is tilting at windmills, creating a crisis that doesn't exist. Now, if this were Obama, I'd fully expect him to be protected. But, c'mon, this is Trump we're talking about.

Schiffty is tilting at windmills, creating a crisis that doesn't exist. Now, if this were Obama, I'd fully expect him to be protected. But, c'mon, this is Trump we're talking about.

I have no idea what you are talking about or where you are coming from.

I have no idea what you are talking about or where you are coming from.

Schiff is puffing out his chests in some "As God as my witness" proclamation that he, the defender of "the truth", will be our knight in shining armor and slay the big bully Trump and fight to get that Mueller report released. Mueller's report isn't even out. We don't know when he'll release it. But there's Schiff, bloviating about how Trump's going to hide it.
Such baloney.

That report ain't gonna leak itself, yano?

Now that you mention it, that would be a GREAT way to defang Schiffty. Let him leak the report...or, rather, a fake version of it. See how he explains that.

On the other hand, it'll probably end up like that Warner/Wolf thing. Oh well...

What About What About Obama...That tired line won't help trump

What About What About Obama...That tired line won't help trump

Pointing out the double standard gets them every single time:bravo:

Schiff is puffing out his chests in some "As God as my witness" proclamation that he, the defender of "the truth", will be our knight in shining armor and slay the big bully Trump and fight to get that Mueller report released. Mueller's report isn't even out. We don't know when he'll release it. But there's Schiff, bloviating about how Trump's going to hide it.
Such baloney.

And America - at least the patriots in America - are thankful we have a good man like Adam Schiff on our side looking out for our interests.

Ken Starr handed over a summary of his report on Clinton to the House so there is precedent for this.

ON SEPT. 9, 1998, Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr presented a long-awaited report concerning his investigation of President Bill Clinton to the Judiciary Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives. Two days later, on the afternoon of September 11—a decade ago today—the committee released the entire report on the Internet. Starr's presentation caused uproar and led directly to only the second impeachment trial of a U.S. president in the history of the nation, the first in 131 years.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2008/09/11/past-and-present-the-starr-report-and-clinton-impeachment

And America - at least the patriots in America - are thankful we have a good man like Adam Schiff on our side looking out for our interests.

Schiff likes to see himself on TV too much.
The description posted is that he's tilting at windmills, creating fauxrage where none exists, is accurate. This is about all the guy does.

What has the administration done which would support the conclusion that they would try and squash Mueller's report? Anything at all?

Really? Pretty pitiful when you'all are ready to presume guilt on something that no one's even done yet. :screwy

But then, the Kavanaugh hearings have taught the nation much in how Democrats prefer to discard any and all legal standards in favor of political agenda, political narratives, and political propaganda.

Nah, "patriots" don't approve of leaking information from scifs.

The description posted is that he's tilting at windmills, creating fauxrage where none exists, is accurate. This is about all the guy does.

What has the administration done which would support the conclusion that they would try and squash Mueller's report? Anything at all?

Really? Pretty pitiful when you'all are ready to presume guilt on something that no one's even done yet. :screwy

But then, the Kavanaugh hearings have taught the nation much in how Democrats prefer
to discard any and all legal standards in favor of political agenda, political narratives, and political propaganda.

It was like going up into the attic and discovering the portrait of Dorian Gray.

It was like going up into the attic and discovering the portrait of Dorian Gray.

A fair comparison, that the US Democrats are US politics' Dorian Grey.

First, you know for a fact that if the report exonerates Trump, Trump will be tweeting the whole damn report.

While I dislike Trump, I have withheld my judgement on this whole investigation. I am even on record saying I think it is unlikely Trump personally colluded with Russians. But if Trump tries to squash the release of the report I will definitely switch my position to thinking Trump did something pretty criminally bad.

First, you know for a fact that if the report exonerates Trump, Trump will be tweeting the whole damn report.

While I dislike Trump, I have withheld my judgement on this whole investigation. I am even on record saying I think it is unlikely Trump personally colluded with Russians. But if Trump tries to squash the release of the report I will definitely switch my position to thinking Trump did something pretty criminally bad.

That's reasonable. We will need to make up our own minds. I am leaning towards no collusion, nothing criminal and nothing close to a smoking gun directly on Trump's part. I don't think he ordered people to either. But, we won't know until we know.

But then, the Kavanaugh hearings have taught the nation much in how Democrats prefer to discard any and all legal standards in favor of political agenda, political narratives, and political propaganda.

Patience is a virtue.

Faith will be rewarded.

Nah, "patriots" don't approve of leaking information from scifs.

Patriots oppose the egomaniac illegitimately holding the White House for his foreign masters. Anything that aids the effort to resist and oppose that traitor and depose him ASAP is a positive good.

Back
Top Bottom