• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff: Democrats will subpoena Mueller report if Trump tries to hide it

You were corrected, Mycroft was right, you were wrong, the Mueller report, by regulation, is received by the DOJ.

And I haven't stated otherwise. Please stop embarrassing yourself like this.
You're more than welcome to refute that, or you can continue to look foolish in your attempts to make this about me.

Why would I refute something I agree with.

You seem quite easily confused about all of this.

And I haven't stated otherwise. Please stop embarrassing yourself like this.

Why would I refute something I agree with.

You seem quite easily confused about all of this.

Sorry, I was thinking of a different post. To return to where I should have been, "Until those charges go to trial you have no idea what you're talking about."

The precedent was still set by Starr not that it will stop Trump from throwing a tantrum when it happens.

There was no precedent set, Starr was an Independent Counsel, Mueller is a Special Counsel with a different set of regulations.

Schiff won't get anything unless the DOJ gives it to him...and then, it'll be highly redacted.
But hey...Schiffty is just LOOKING for something to cry about. I'm thinking he'll get it.
What makes you think that Schiff won’t get the full, unredacted, Mueller report? As Chair of the House Intel Committee he has both the clearance and the need to know to be granted complete access to Mueller’s findings.

I hope everything suitable for public consumption is released. We deserve to know what went on before and during the ‘16 election as well any possible illegal actions by Trump and/or his minions.

Yeah, everyone knows the House Intelligence Committee cannot subpeona DoJ documents

Just ask Devin Nunes!!

Yes, and everyone knows that the DOJ...both Trump's DOJ and Obama's DOJ...have a knack for ignoring Congress.

Starr also worked for the DOJ and he gave his report to the House Judiciary committee. The House has subpoena powers over the AG too. They are the checks and balances for all of the Executive branch. You are dreaming if you think Whitaker can withhold anything from Congress.

Whitaker can withhold anything he wants. He can give them anything he wants. He can redact anything he wants before he gives it to them.

Tell me...have you totally missed what the DOJ has been doing for the last 10 years?

What makes you think that Schiff won’t get the full, unredacted, Mueller report? As Chair of the House Intel Committee he has both the clearance and the need to know to be granted complete access to Mueller’s findings.

I hope everything suitable for public consumption is released. We deserve to know what went on before and during the ‘16 election as well any possible illegal actions by Trump and/or his minions.

You will know only what the DOJ lets you know. If Schiffty reveals anything that the DOJ doesn't want revealed (classified), then HE can be charged with the crime.

But the point is...Mueller won't give him anything. He CAN'T give Schiffty anything.

But don't let your heart be troubled. I'm confident that the DOJ will release a summary of Mueller's report to the public. Be patient.

You will know only what the DOJ lets you know. If Schiffty reveals anything that the DOJ doesn't want revealed (classified), then HE can be charged with the crime.

But the point is...Mueller won't give him anything. He CAN'T give Schiffty anything.

But don't let your heart be troubled. I'm confident that the DOJ will release a summary of Mueller's report to the public. Be patient.
Blah blah, you haven’t answered my question. What makes you think Schiff won’t get the full, unredacted, report? Like I said, he’s got the clearance and the need to know.

Whitaker can withhold anything he wants. He can give them anything he wants. He can redact anything he wants before he gives it to them.

Tell me...have you totally missed what the DOJ has been doing for the last 10 years?

So you think Mueller is going to ignore a House subpoena for his findings? That's rich.:lamo Mueller did not just do an extensive 2 year investigation so some 2 bit Trump Stooge can obstruct justice when he is done. You really don't know Mueller or you are hallucinating. :lol:

Last edited:
Starr also worked for the DOJ and he gave his report to the House Judiciary committee. The House has subpoena powers over the AG too. They are the checks and balances for all of the Executive branch. You are dreaming if you think Whitaker can withhold anything from Congress.

As was pointed out elsewhere, the DOJ had no problem withholding info from Nunes.

But dont worry yourself. The report will be released without need of a subpoena.

What Mueller report?

It is when it's done the way Cohen and Trump did.

More specifically how Cohen chose to implement the direction he was given.

Should some evidence be presented that Cohen was directed to commit a campaign violation in doing so, that would then implicate Trump. Short of that, not so much.

So you think Mueller is going to ignore a House subpoena for his findings? That's rich.:lamo Mueller did not just do an extensive 2 year investigation so some 2 bit Trump Stooge can obstruct justice when he is done. You really don't know Mueller or you are hallucinating. :lol:

Amazing, even after being informed of Special Counsel regulations you continue to claim what Mueller will do with his report. Mueller will deliver his report to the DOJ as required, anything beyond that will be illegal (leak), against regs or at the behest of the DOJ.

Amazing, even after being informed of Special Counsel regulations you continue to claim what Mueller will do with his report. Mueller will deliver his report to the DOJ as required, anything beyond that will be illegal (leak), against regs or at the behest of the DOJ.

It is not illegal for Mueller to comply with a subpoena from the House. Sorry, you lose. The House is charged with oversight over the executive branch and they are well within the law to request the report,

It is not illegal for Mueller to comply with a subpoena from the House. Sorry, you lose. The House is charged with oversight over the executive branch and they are well within the law to request the report,

The report goes to the DOJ, period. What the DOJ does with the report afterwards is all you can be concerned about. Mueller has no report to subpoena, it belongs to the DOJ as per Special Counsel regulations.

And yes the House can request the report and the request goes to the DOJ.

Back
Top Bottom