• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff: Democrats will subpoena Mueller report if Trump tries to hide it

https://thehill.com/policy/national...ubpoena-mueller-report-if-trump-tries-to-hide

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, says Democrats will subpoena special counsel Robert Mueller’s report if President Trump tries to invoke executive privilege to keep it secret.

“I'm prepared to make sure we do everything possible so that the public has the advantage of as much of the information as it can,” Schiff said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
===========================================
Once this genie is out of the bottle there's no way to get it back inside. Trump can spend the last 2 years of his term trying to fight the inevitable blowback from his double dealing.

Nunes can't cover for trump anymore. Sad!

Pointing out the double standard gets them every single time:bravo:

You pointed out no double standard. You just think you are so victimized that you had to fabricated a "IF THIS WERE OBAMA!!1!!!" victim card to play. That's called a hypothetical. In other words... what you are crying about did not happen and it's not real. That is how pathetic trump nation has become. Crying about their own imaginations. :lol:

It's even more fun watching you pretend to know what you're talking about.

And Tanngrisnir takes another 3rd degree burn... I mean... third grade burn. :lol:

https://thehill.com/policy/national...ubpoena-mueller-report-if-trump-tries-to-hide

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, says Democrats will subpoena special counsel Robert Mueller’s report if President Trump tries to invoke executive privilege to keep it secret.

“I'm prepared to make sure we do everything possible so that the public has the advantage of as much of the information as it can,” Schiff said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Once this genie is out of the bottle there's no way to get it back inside. Trump can spend the last 2 years of his term trying to fight the inevitable blowback from his double dealing.

Adam Shiftless can have the report. Where would he like Trump to stick it?

And Tanngrisnir takes another 3rd degree burn... I mean... third grade burn. :lol:

Tanngrisnir doesn't know what he's talking about, Mycroft does;

"At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_prosecutor

Tanngrisnir burned himself, for that matter so did you.

Schiff can go pound sand. The Attorney General decides if and what would be released. Next silly issue..............

If Trump really wants to piss Shiftless off, he could deliver the report to Shiftless's office in a loud helicopter (google "Adam Schiff helicopter noises")

No. It's against forum rules.

Well you have a Merry Christmas... or as they say on the other side of the Great Wall - Feliz Navidad.

Schiff won't get anything unless the DOJ gives it to him...and then, it'll be highly redacted.

But hey...Schiffty is just LOOKING for something to cry about. I'm thinking he'll get it.

Yeah, everyone knows the House Intelligence Committee cannot subpeona DoJ documents

Just ask Devin Nunes!!

Mueller works for the DOJ. That's who he gives his report to. They decide who gets it and in what manner.

Tell me...do you think the AG will appreciate Mueller taking it upon himself to give the report to Congress without his permission? Think carefully. Rosenstein isn't the AG.

Starr also worked for the DOJ and he gave his report to the House Judiciary committee. The House has subpoena powers over the AG too. They are the checks and balances for all of the Executive branch. You are dreaming if you think Whitaker can withhold anything from Congress.

Not according to the current special counsel regulations;

"At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_prosecutor

Not to mention Ken Starr was an Independent Counsel not a Special Counsel.

Yes that is the protocol but the House can subpoena the report from Mueller. They have oversight over the Executive branch.

It might have been illegal for Cohen, but that doesn't mean it was illegal for Trump for the reasons Acadia stated above.

It was Trumps candidacy that made it illegal. He cheated in his election by defrauding voters with illegal hush money. That sure sounds like it is a crime don't you think?

LOL! You wouldn't know in any case.

Ooooooooooooooop that was that was that was, no I'm not but you are, sooooooo 3rd grade.

Mycroft was informed, you were not, own it and stop making a fool of yourself.

Ooooooooooooooop that was that was that was, no I'm not but you are, sooooooo 3rd grade.

Mycroft was informed, you were not, own it and stop making a fool of yourself.

It's OK that you're in completely over your head and are desperately trying to look smart.

I expected nothing less from you.

It's OK that you're in completely over your head and are desperately trying to look smart.

I expected nothing less from you.

You were corrected, Mycroft was right, you were wrong, the Mueller report, by regulation, is received by the DOJ.

You're more than welcome to refute that, or you can continue to look foolish in your attempts to make this about me.

Back
Top Bottom