• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff: Democrats will subpoena Mueller report if Trump tries to hide it

Patience is a virtue.

Faith will be rewarded.

I think faith in Democrats putting nation above party has already been proven a foolish position to take, given the soft coupe they've already orchestrated sinec the 2016 election.

I think faith in Democrats putting party above nation is already a well demonstrated fact.

https://thehill.com/policy/national...ubpoena-mueller-report-if-trump-tries-to-hide

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the incoming chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, says Democrats will subpoena special counsel Robert Mueller’s report if President Trump tries to invoke executive privilege to keep it secret.

“I'm prepared to make sure we do everything possible so that the public has the advantage of as much of the information as it can,” Schiff said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
===========================================
Once this genie is out of the bottle there's no way to get it back inside. Trump can spend the last 2 years of his term trying to fight the inevitable blowback from his double dealing.
Schiff's an uber-partisan, publicity seeking asshole.

schiffhouse.jpg

Last edited:
I think faith in Democrats putting nation above party has already been proven a foolish position to take, given the soft coupe they've already orchestrated sinec the 2016 election.

I think faith in Democrats putting party above nation is already a well demonstrated fact.

Pity that there isn't a shred of evidence that that's the case about dems, but there is a copious amount of it that indicates that's exactly what the republicans do, and love to do. And 'coup'? Best go look up that words before trying to use it.

It must be nice there is Happy Backwards Upside-down Opposite Land.

That's reasonable. We will need to make up our own minds. I am leaning towards no collusion, nothing criminal and nothing close to a smoking gun directly on Trump's part. I don't think he ordered people to either. But, we won't know until we know.

Trump is already a criminal conspirator in the hush money case so there goes your "lean". Mueller will also prove Trump knew that the Russians hacked the DNC and the release of the emails was coordinated by the campaign. That's a conspiracy to defraud the U.S. And don't forget obstruction which Trump proves nearly daily with his tweets.

Trump is already a criminal conspirator in the hush money case so there goes your "lean". Mueller will also prove Trump knew that the Russians hacked the DNC and the release of the emails was coordinated by the campaign. That's a conspiracy to defraud the U.S. And don't forget obstruction which Trump proves nearly daily with his tweets.

For spending his own money to silence yet another woman, as he's done before? Yeah, but no. That's not going to stick. POTUS exercising his 1st amendment right isn't obstruction and he had nothing to do with Russian hacking (phishing) the DNC. I wonder if the FBI will ever be given their servers.

For spending his own money to silence yet another woman, as he's done before? Yeah, but no. That's not going to stick. POTUS exercising his 1st amendment right isn't obstruction and he had nothing to do with Russian hacking (phishing) the DNC. I wonder if the FBI will ever be given their servers.

LOL There is no 1st amendment right to influence witnesses in a criminal case. Then there is the firing of Comey "because of Russia". You are fooled by Trumps practce of breaking laws in plain sight..it does not change their illegality. Also it is illegal to secretly spend anyones money to help you win an election. Cohen is going to jail for that. Trump defrauded voters in order to help win an election. That is fraud.

Last edited:
Pity that there isn't a shred of evidence that that's the case about dems, but there is a copious amount of it that indicates that's exactly what the republicans do, and love to do. And 'coup'? Best go look up that words before trying to use it.

It must be nice there is Happy Backwards Upside-down Opposite Land.

Happy Backwards Upside-down Opposite Land? Well, you'd know.

It's already stuck and it was laughbly illegal.

That you cannot emotionally accept that is irrelevant.

It's already stuck and it was laughbly illegal.

That you cannot emotionally accept that is irrelevant.

Michael Cohen is on tape telling Trump he has to pay the woman. Further, you think a defense attorney won't rip him apart for being a lying scumbag?

Michael Cohen is on tape telling Trump he has to pay the woman. Further, you think a defense attorney won't rip him apart for being a lying scumbag?

And? That doesn't change the fact that it was illegal.

LOL Trump is in full agreement with Cohen on that tape. Why does that mean he is innocent of the crime? Who else but Trump would want those women hushed up?

I am placing my faith in a Republican. And in the rule of law that he works for.

Actually they will get it direct from Muller and unredacted too. Thank Ken Starr for that.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2008/09/11/past-and-present-the-starr-report-and-clinton-impeachment

Not according to the current special counsel regulations;

"At the conclusion of the Special Counsel's work, he or she shall provide the Attorney General with a confidential report explaining the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the Special Counsel."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_prosecutor

Not to mention Ken Starr was an Independent Counsel not a Special Counsel.

And? That doesn't change the fact that it was illegal.

It might have been illegal for Cohen, but that doesn't mean it was illegal for Trump for the reasons Acadia stated above.

It's fun to watch you pretend that you actually know how any of this works.

It's even more fun watching you pretend to know what you're talking about.

Why wouldn't they? Starr did it.

Mueller works for the DOJ. That's who he gives his report to. They decide who gets it and in what manner.

Tell me...do you think the AG will appreciate Mueller taking it upon himself to give the report to Congress without his permission? Think carefully. Rosenstein isn't the AG.

Last edited:
And might yet be disappointed.

It would not be the first time a Republican let me down my friend .... not by a long shot. But I still have faith and I hope it will be rewarded.

Back
Top Bottom