• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Schiff announces the scope of his investigations

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://intelligence.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=447

These are the 5 lines of inquiry the HPSCI will be looking into -

(1) The scope and scale of the Russian government’s operations to influence the U.S. political process, and the U.S. government’s response, during and since the 2016 election;

(2) The extent of any links and/or coordination between the Russian government, or related foreign actors, and individuals associated with Donald Trump’s campaign, transition, administration, or business interests, in furtherance of the Russian government’s interests;

(3) Whether any foreign actor has sought to compromise or holds leverage, financial or otherwise, over Donald Trump, his family, his business, or his associates;

(4) Whether President Trump, his family, or his associates are or were at any time at heightened risk of, or vulnerable to, foreign exploitation, inducement, manipulation, pressure, or coercion, or have sought to influence U.S. government policy in service of foreign interests; and

(5) Whether any actors – foreign or domestic – sought or are seeking to impede, obstruct, and/or mislead authorized investigations into these matters, including those in the Congress.

That's a lot of scope! Basically, Schiff has decided that it's completely justified to investigate anything and everything related to Trump and to do so for any reason.

I'd like to remind people that this "need" to expand the scope of investigation beyond and in parallel to the Mueller investigation comes two years after the most intense investigation of a sitting president was started and two years after than investigation has reported NOTHING related to findings that Trump, his campaign or the Trump organization collaborated with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Schiff's "need" to investigate begins and ends with the unsubstantiated, unrealistic, and unreasonable assumption that Trump is somehow or other under the influence of Russia. It's nothing more than an attack on the executive branch by the petulant party running half the legislative branch.

I hope Schiff pushes through with this. I hope he pulls and exposes tax returns, personal financial information, information from business associates and campaign staff. I hope he hands out subpoenas like Rockefeller handed out dimes.

I hope that America gets to see first hand what "guilty until proved innocent!!!" means and I hope they get to see which political party promotes and practices that principle.

Thank God for Adam Schiff and his work to exercise proper constitutional responsibilities of congressional oversight.

Patriots like Schiff will save the nation from this criminal illegitimately occupying the White House.

Guilty until proven innocent? Where are the convictions showing Trump is guilty? Please provide those sources.

Trump isn't guilty yet, but you can't seriously argue he should be immune for even being investigated for crimes because there isn't already a conviction.

Is that how you want our legal system to work? We can't investigate a criminal until he's convicted and we can't convict until we've investigated? Why do you hate law enforcement and our judicial system so much?

I thoroughly enjoy watching how squirrelly you Trump cultists are getting over this investigation. You're begging for it to be shut down because you know letting it run its course would be disastrous. Cry harder.

That's a lot of scope! Basically, Schiff has decided that it's completely justified to investigate anything and everything related to Trump and to do so for any reason.

I'd like to remind people that this "need" to expand the scope of investigation beyond and in parallel to the Mueller investigation comes two years after the most intense investigation of a sitting president was started and two years after than investigation has reported NOTHING related to findings that Trump, his campaign or the Trump organization collaborated with Russia to influence the 2016 election.

Schiff's "need" to investigate begins and ends with the unsubstantiated, unrealistic, and unreasonable assumption that Trump is somehow or other under the influence of Russia. It's nothing more than an attack on the executive branch by the petulant party running half the legislative branch.

I hope Schiff pushes through with this. I hope he pulls and exposes tax returns, personal financial information, information from business associates and campaign staff. I hope he hands out subpoenas like Rockefeller handed out dimes.

I hope that America gets to see first hand what "guilty until proved innocent!!!" means and I hope they get to see which political party promotes and practices that principle.

I hope that justice is served.

Get ready for a whole lot of leaks from Schiffty to the media, who will then apply their spin, speculation, hyperbole and innuendo to turn whatever nothingburgers Schiffty comes up with into their desired public opinion.

THAT is the only purpose of this witch....I mean, investigation. They WILL ensure that Trump doesn't win in 2020.

Guilty until proven innocent? Where are the convictions showing Trump is guilty? Please provide those sources.

Trump isn't guilty yet, but you can't seriously argue he should be immune for even being investigated for crimes because there isn't already a conviction.

Is that how you want our legal system to work? We can't investigate a criminal until he's convicted and we can't convict until we've investigated? Why do you hate law enforcement and our judicial system so much?

I thoroughly enjoy watching how squirrelly you Trump cultists are getting over this investigation. You're begging for it to be shut down because you know letting it run its course would be disastrous. Cry harder.

It would be nice if there was a crime before y'all started this investigation to find one. Since when is winning an election a crime? Well, when, before 2016, was it a crime?

You've got Russians posting tweets and facebook stuff. You've got Russians hacking into Podesta's stuff. The hacking is a crime the twitter stuff isn't. Neither of those have been remotely tied to Trump.

Right now Trump is being investigated, primarily, because word on the street is that Russia favored him to win the election over Hillary and that's what happened. Well, Oslo gave Obama a Nobel prize for reaching out to Muslims and promising less nukes. Why wasn't he investigated for being unduly influenced by Norwegians and promoting policies of interest to foreign actors? How do we know that Obama's campaign promises weren't carefully crafted to promote the interests of foreign actors at the expense of American interests and for his own gratification?

I have to say that I've become less sympathetic to Trump in regard to these investigations. If it's a witch hunt as he claims why hasnt he countered any of it. He could declassify the documents of origin but does not. The DOJ can be investigating all the people on the left who allegedly have dirty hands in this but they do nothing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank God for Adam Schiff and his work to exercise proper constitutional responsibilities of congressional oversight.

Patriots like Schiff will save the nation from this criminal illegitimately occupying the White House.

I thought Mueller was the left's hero who is gonna get "this criminal" out of the WH. And now you're hoping pencil-neck Schiff will do it?!?

:lamo

Yeah, that kind of happens when investigations are still in progress. LMAO! But I know, I know, this is very complicated for you for some strange reason! LMAO!

Not me. I want the investigation expanded to include members from both parties and I specifically want the question answered of what Obama knew and when. What involvement did he have when it was administration investigating everything.

I have to say that I've become less sympathetic to Trump in regard to these investigations. If it's a witch hunt as he claims why hasnt he countered any of it. He could declassify the documents of origin but does not. The DOJ can be investigating all the people on the left who allegedly have dirty hands in this but they do nothing.

I understand your frustration but, in this political climate, doing that would result in a charge of obstruction of justice. That being said, if he decides that he doesn't feel like running again next year then I suspect he'll do exactly that.

No, that's not what Schiff has decided.

Still, it's nice to see how frightened you are of the legislative branch finally doing its job.

There is no 'guilty until proven innocent' here, no matter how hard some people cry.

This is going to be a terribly painful year for you and other Trump supporters and I'm really looking forward to it.

"Lock her up!"

Dem House has a loooong way to go before they spend as much time and money on these investigations to match the YEARS and MILLIONS the GOP House spent on 'Benghazi'!!!!!!

I thought Mueller was the left's hero who is gonna get "this criminal" out of the WH. And now you're hoping pencil-neck Schiff will do it?!?

:lamo

Two different aspects of the investigation. LMAO! The fact that conservatives really don't know a lot about anything...……..is the best entertainment that money doesn't have to buy. They supply it to us for free! :lamo

Right now Trump is being investigated, primarily, because word on the street is that Russia favored him to win the election over Hillary and that's what happened.

:lol:

Who buys your horse****? Small stupid children?

People fine with seven+ investigations into Benghazi that were really actually into an email server having nothing to do with Benghazi have NOTHING to say.

People fine with the announcement just 10 days before the election that the FBI was re-opening the investigations into her emails have NOTHING to say.

You have NOTHING to say.

Capisce?

No. Of course not. You have quite obviously deluded yourself so deeply that you could not possibly bear the embarrassment of admitting just how very wrong you have been in your Trump slurping.

Come on. There's a good bit of difference between a campaign chant and a formal legislative branch investigation.

You'll say anything. I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic.

Come on. There's a good bit of difference between a campaign chant and a formal legislative branch investigation.

Your rhetoric makes you look absurd. Your cheerleading outfit must have come with blinders.

No, that's not what Schiff has decided.

Still, it's nice to see how frightened you are of the legislative branch finally doing its job.

There is no 'guilty until proven innocent' here, no matter how hard some people cry.

This is going to be a terribly painful year for you and other Trump supporters and I'm really looking forward to it.

I kind of get a kick out of how I can post something directly from the HPSCI site, something that even quotes Schiff, and still be told "that's not what he decided".

Two different aspects of the investigation. LMAO! The fact that conservatives really don't know a lot about anything...……..is the best entertainment that money doesn't have to buy. They supply it to us for free! :lamo

So, you think attacking the president from a different angle is gonna give you the desired result?!?
Only progressives can be that naive ... :lol:

We're well beyond the point of a certain contingent actually believing the things they say to defend Trump and attack "the left". Democracy is fracturing. They're the ones doing it, and so naturally they point the finger at everyone else.

"Lock her up!"

They really meant after due process and a long trail proved her guilt. But that was too hard to chant at a rally. :lamo:roll:

Back
Top Bottom