• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scenes like this make me want to join the Military

Here is what Detroit looks like after local gov't good idea attack. ;)

Detroit #3.jpg

detroit #4.jpg

detroit #5.jpg

Last edited:
This is depressing to see. It makes me what to join the military to help stop injustice from going down. The men and women of our military truly are super heros!

Sourse of the pic : Here’s what a chemical weapons attack is like | Rare.us

The problem is that the feelings you have might only be temporary, and joining the military is a 3+ year commitment.

Personally, I think it is criminal that the UN has not done anything in regards to Syria. If I was in a position of power, I would be trying to get an emergency meeting between our President and the Russian President, to create a joint NATO-CSTO (Collective Security Treaty Organization - current version of the Warsaw Pact) operation to try and put an end to this madness through a joint operation to separate the two waring sides.

Before you go down that path, what did it look like directly before the attack?

Go for it man.

Fair warning though, due to Obama's budget cuts, the enlistment benefits and choices of jobs available aren't quite so good as they used to be.

Actually, that has not really changed. However, the amount of time you actually do your job is normally drastically reduced (hanging around the barracks instead of training because fuel and maintenance costs money), and retention is a lot harder because of the mandated troop cuts.

Go for it man.

Fair warning though, due to Obama's budget cuts, the enlistment benefits and choices of jobs available aren't quite so good as they used to be.

And it's now mandatory that instead of training for war so you bleed less or don't get killed in combat you now must spend numerous hours, days and weeks attending sensitivity training classes.

View attachment 67152722

This is depressing to see. It makes me what to join the military to help stop injustice from going down. The men and women of our military truly are super heros!

Sourse of the pic : Here’s what a chemical weapons attack is like | Rare.us

If that's what you think that's what the military does, you're in for a world of disappointment. You'll spend more time digging holes, stacking sandbags, and doing **** jobs that make absolutely no sense at all until you get some stripes. Then it's nothing but micromanagement, paperwork, and yelling at dumbasses from then on. The Military way of life isn't the best choice for young idealists. If you feel that it's something you have to do, just lnow that recruiters lie, and don't let the people at MEPS talk you into being a cook. Go into a field that will teach you a trade you can get certified for, and take advantage of any program they offer that will certify you in that field. That way you have a job waiting for you on the other side if you decide not to reenlist.

And it's now mandatory that instead of training for war so you bleed less or don't get killed in combat you now must spend numerous hours, days and weeks attending sensitivity training classes.

Not really. I saw one where GEN Casey illustrated that don't ask; don't tell was gone, so you can't push discharge papers on the gays anymore, and that was it on that topic. The majority of the powerpoints I sat through consisted of rape and suicide prevention, due to a high volume of rapes and suicides. The others were for operational instruction, like preventing heat/cold injuries, OPSEC, proper driving procedures in snow and sand, and how not to die in the desert. Other things were MOS specific, or specific to duties on training missions. If there's not an addition to OPFOR training in WSMR saying don't shoot SGTMAJ's, I'd be surprised. Shot him right in the ass in front of everybody. The look on his ****ing face was priceless.

Back
Top Bottom