• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SC county Republican party leader dies from COVID-19

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
NO Sympathy from me!
Wonder how many he has killed.

I can also see that his religion killed him.

GREENVILLE, S.C. (WOLO, AP) – A tea party Republican who recently helped turn over the party leadership in South Carolina’s largest county has died from complications of COVID-19.

Party leaders and his family say 64-year-old Pressley Stutts died Thursday.

Over the summer, Stutts led a group loyal to former President Donald Trump to force the resignation of several Greenville County Republican Party leaders. Stutts said he was following Trump’s wishes to kick anyone who didn’t fully support the former president out of the Republican party.

Stutts had been hospitalized with COVID-19 since late July, frequently updating his health on Facebook.

Stutts wrote COVID-19 was serious, but he couldn’t support mask or vaccine mandates because they encroach on American freedoms.

His final post came five days before his death, when he wrote he chose to go on a ventilator and planned to “wake up from this short rest and be back in the game soon!”

“This is my OWN decision. I trust God to keep me. I ask you to trust Him, too,” Stutts wrote.

Greeneville, SC, I lived there in the 1990's. This was before the rest of the rural parts of the country turned crazy like they were. And, woo boy, were those Greenvillians crazy. Wild thing is, G'Ville was one of the more progressive areas in the state.

I'm sorry that he died.

I'm sorry that he died.
Yes, me too. When we as a nation starting enjoying the deaths of people we disagree with that crosses the line.

Yes, me too. When we as a nation starting enjoying the deaths of people we disagree with that crosses the line.
all could have been prevented. This guy died for the advancement of his politics.

Nothing of value was lost.

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."
- Clarence Darrow

Sad for the family. His unwillingness to vax makes him a bad family man.

It seems republicans and god are thinking along the same lines, fend for yourselves.

Sad for the family. His unwillingness to vax makes him a bad family man.
I suspect more than a few of his family members rejoiced on hearing the news this week.

Back
Top Bottom