• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Say what you will - but looks like TRUMP has dwlivered his promise...............

Deuteronomy25 is Old Testament. Are you Jewish or Christian?

Deuteronomy 17 says to kill all unbelievers. That is certainly not pro-life. Don't forget the separation of church and state that forbids the government from enforcing religious law or supporting one religion/sect over the other. A church can preach anti-abortion ideas and forbid its members but it cannot force others to obey their dogma as secular law. That idea would violate both religious clauses of the 1st Amendment.
Here it is.

Exodus 21:22-23 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her , and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine .And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

The life of the unborn is worth a fine. The life of the woman is worth another's life.

Here it is.

Exodus 21:22-23 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her , and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine .And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life,

The life of the unborn is worth a fine. The life of the woman is worth another's life.
That is religious law and not to be enforced as secular law because of the Forst Amendment. Not all Christian sects believe the same, and non-Christians cannot be required to obey the religious beliefs of a religion that they are not a member of.

That is religious law and not to be enforced as secular law because of the Forst Amendment. Not all Christian sects believe the same, and non-Christians cannot be required to obey the religious beliefs of a religion that they are not a member of.
I'm sure you're correct, but the point is that the Biblical view of the unborn is not concurrent with modern Christian claims.

Apparently, according to Exodus, thou shall not kill does not apply equally to the unborn, so it is not a strong argument against abortion.

I'm sure you're correct, but the point is that the Biblical view of the unborn is not concurrent with modern Christian claims.

Apparently, according to Exodus, thou shall not kill does not apply equally to the unborn, so it is not a strong argument against abortion.
Genesis is the same.
In Genesis 2:7, God “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”.

Don't you have any integrity?
They did not lie. They are looking at law that kills human beings at some point in their development. I think they should. If your mother had an abortion you would have been killed. We would not be having this conversation.

Until they voted to overturn it themeless, but we aren't supposed to notice their hypocrisy.
They haven't overturned anything yet. They are doing their job and looking at a law that says it is OK to kill human beings at some point of their development. It needs to be looked into. It is their job to make these tough decisions.

and still is,

So why would they want to overturn an established law they seemed to support?
I did not know they did overturn anything yet. They do have the right to review any law and should.

Actually, Kavanaugh said " settled law". In legalese that implies that he thought it a binding precedent.

During his confirmation to the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh convinced Sen. Susan Collins that he thought a woman’s right to an abortion was “settled law,” calling the court cases affirming it “precedent on precedent” that could not be casually overturned.
It was established law. Slavery is no longer legal. I like the fact they are looking into our laws as they should.

I did not know they did overturn anything yet. They do have the right to review any law and should.
I understand it was a draft that was made public. The SC has not officially ruled on it.

Row v Wade has been upheld by the SC in the past.

They did not lie. They are looking at law that kills human beings at some point in their development. I think they should. If your mother had an abortion you would have been killed. We would not be having this conversation.
Yes they did lie.

When they said it was settled law and precedent the implication was that they would not overturn it.

They knew they would.

But they also knew they wouldn't be confirmed if they admitted it.

So They lied.

Yes. Now we see why they stuck with Trump no matter how vile, repulsive, or mendacious he was. It was pretty puzzling as we went through it. But I guess it’s clear that the ends justify the means, even for our Christian friends.
The “Christian friends” have addressed this, saying that God uses “imperfect vessels,” King David and Trump, to carry out his will. But the abortion issue and the gun control questions show the power of single-issue politics, where a determined minority can impose its will on the majority.
Ok, Pipewrench and other anti-abortion folks. My wife was pregnant. Tests showed the fetus was deformed, would die in her womb. She had an abortion. We had friends over for a service afterwards, including Catholic priest and ex-priest friends. Had them scatter wildflower seeds, planted a tree in her memory. It's still there, 25 years later.

In your world, what kind of hoops would we have had to jump through to terminate the pregnancy? Would we have to wait til she died inside my wife? If we went ahead without your approval, who goes to jail? The doc? My wife? Me, cause I drove her to the clinic and might be liable under Texas law?

I understand it was a draft that was made public. The SC has not officially ruled on it.

Row v Wade has been upheld by the SC in the past.
If it is the right thing to do it will be upheld again.

Yes they did lie.

When they said it was settled law and precedent the implication was that they would not overturn it.

They knew they would.

So They lied.

They did not lie. It was settled at the time.

.................... to Christians who supported him.

Roe vs Wade.

Based on the leaked opinion draft - if nobody backs out, and everyone stays firm - it'll be overturned.
It'll be mission accomplished.
Its hard to argue otherwise.

What isn't so clear though is whether this will age well.

The “Christian friends” have addressed this, saying that God uses “imperfect vessels,” King David and Trump, to carry out his will. But the abortion issue and the gun control questions show the power of single-issue politics, where a determined minority can impose its will on the majority.
Luckily we are not a democracy and mob rule is not legal yet. We are working on it though. It should not be long before the majority can vote away the rights of the minority and the individual. Get your pitch forks and torches ready.

Ok, Pipewrench and other anti-abortion folks.
When did I say I was anti abortion? So now one of us is a liar.

My wife was pregnant. Tests showed the fetus was deformed, would die in her womb. She had an abortion. We had friends over for a service afterwards, including Catholic priest and ex-priest friends. Had them scatter wildflower seeds, planted a tree in her memory. It's still there, 25 years later.
I am not against killing at all. I was a soldier. I will kill if the reason is right. I don't have any problem at all with killing when it is the right thing to do

In your world, what kind of hoops would we have had to jump through to terminate the pregnancy? Would we have to wait til she died inside my wife? If we went ahead without your approval, who goes to jail? The doc? My wife? Me, cause I drove her to the clinic and might be liable under Texas law?
I have sat in too many nursing homes for too many hours and listened too many people beg for the lord to take them. I wouldn't let my pet suffer like that. There is clearly a time to kill and it is the right thing to do. You would not have to jump through any hoops with me if it was necessary and the right thing to do.

They did not lie. It was settled at the time.

They knew they would.

So They lied.

C

Roe vs Wade.

Based on the leaked opinion draft - if nobody backs out, and everyone stays firm - it'll be overturned.
Christians do not support trump LOL. Jesus is not a fascist. He is left wing. He does not care about abortion in the slightest. He doesn't hate gay or brown people

Well, how about that.

There is at least one righty who is happy to openly admit that they wanted a stacked SCOTUS to impose Christian mandates on the rest of us.
Good. Deal with it or move comrade. Reports are there is cheap housing in Ukraine

Roe vs Wade.
Trump delivered on a lot of promises--stopping illegal immigration, regulation reduction, conservative judges, tax reform, America First foreign policy, etc. Why is this one significant?

5 of the seven justices who passed Roe were conservative republican appointees.

Roe v Wade is a small government conservative decision. It got the government out of peoples lives. Said the government had no business in de idioms better left to families and their doctors.

The new Republican party is small government conservative in name only.
the modern right LOVE big government, but only to hurt people they don't like

Trump delivered on a lot of promises--stopping illegal immigration, regulation reduction, conservative judges, tax reform, America First foreign policy, etc. Why is this one significant?
Which ones impacted you?

That was a conservative court's decision.

Can you please cite a link for that.
I'd like to read for myself that indeed, it was a CONSERVATIVE court.

Roe v. Wade was decided by a conservative Court. Get a clue, Jeez

@tres borrachos
@NolanVoyd
@Nickyjo

That's disinformation.
Do your own research!

Seven of the 9 judges on Burger's 1973 Supreme Court bench ruled abortion was constitutionally protected.

The monumental decision was written by Justice Harry Blackmun and joined by six other justices:
  • Warren E. Burger (Chief Justice)
  • William O. Douglas ·
  • William J. Brennan Jr.
  • Potter Stewart
  • Thurgood Marshall
  • Lewis F. Powell Jr.

Though many people believe a "liberal" court decided Roe, four of the justices on Burger's court, including Burger himself, were nominated by Richard Nixon. Of those four, one wrote the majority opinion, two concurred, and one dissented. Of the nine justices on the court at the time, three were nominated by Democrats and 6 by Republicans.

Though Blackmun and Burger seemed joined at the hip at the start of their periods on the bench,
they drifted apart ideologically.
Blackmun tended toward opinions that now would be considered liberal, though he remained a Republican until his death in 1999.

Brennan is regarded as a liberal judge, particularly on First Amendment rights and individual rights.

Douglas was the longest-serving judge in the Roe decision, having been nominated by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1939.
He is regarded by some as
the most liberal judge to serve on the Supreme Court, and he faced two unsuccessful impeachment attempts by conservative lawmakers.

Marshall is considered
one of the more progressive justices to serve on the Court.

Powell was another Nixon nominee but was himself affiliated with the Democratic Party.

Just because 4 of the justices were nominated by Republicans doesn't necessarily mean their ideology is conservative.

Last edited:
Yes. Now we see why they stuck with Trump no matter how vile, repulsive, or mendacious he was. It was pretty puzzling as we went through it. But I guess it’s clear that the ends justify the means, even for our Christian friends.

It depends on party POLICIES - and, priorities (with me, it's pro-life).................... and weighing in, which party POLICY reflects the Scriptures the most.

Last edited:

Roe vs Wade.

It really wasn't Trump's mission. It has been the conservative mission for 40 years. All Trump did was go along. You ought to read your history before giving Trump credit. Mitch McConnell along with the Heritage Foundation (Funded by the Koch Brothers) have been working on stacking the courts for many, many years.

Trump has been a liberal most of his life. Only when it became politically expedient did he run as a republican. For Trump, it's all transactional. He was just along for the ride.

Back
Top Bottom