• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Say the Second Amendment is repealed

Say the Second Amendment is repealed, what happens?

• Nothing

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Very little change

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Blue states and cities will ban semiauto rifles

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Total gun ban

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other, specify

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gun ownership is declining as a proportion of the population
Where have you been for the last several months? Sales have skyrocketed.

Rich2018 said:
I think GOP voters who're turned off Trump will largely not want to vote for Biden...instead they will not vote at all and that means votes lost to GOP candidates in other election races.
Sounds more like wishing than thinking.

I'm talking over recent YEARS
Which is probably not solid data, given the rush recently.

Rich2018 said:
No that's generally what happens, if a GOP voter doesn't like Trump, he/she will just not vote.
What the hell are you talking about?

A carry license is practical for some people. Say you have a liquor store and you carry large sums of cash home at night.

So you think it is a good thing to shoot someone to protect cash?

Usually when they get the cash, they tend to harm the victim. But if you want to sympathize with criminals, that's cool.

I think it is a good thing to shoot anyone trying to perpetrate a felony against you. I wish more good and honest people shot more criminals. It would make our society much better

Personally, I think it would be ideal to tell the criminal "no" when they ask for the cash, and both of us can move on. But since a criminal demand for cash usually is accompanied by a threat of violence, the prudent thing to do would be to shoot if possible.

true but what could happen is what almost happened with Heller-leftwing judges pretend that the second amendment doesn't protect individual rights

Nope, it's never going to happen, especially after four years of Trump. Maybe it's a happy accident that the threat of a fascist police state is enough to remind many on the left that they better make peace with the 2A.
Support for any of these nonsensical notions that 2A doesn't protect individual rights is at an all time low, and the overwhelming majority of people on the left who do want regs simply want to have safeguards in place to make sure that a person really really REALLY is trustworthy with ownership of firearms, trustworthy and responsible.

TD, nothing you or ANYONE else does is EVER going to give you the fantasy world you dream of, just as nothing ANYONE else does will give Dianne Feinstein the fantasy world that she dreams of.

When you explain to people from all points on the spectrum why 2A is good for them, you are doing the Founder's work.
Every time you explain the benefits of the 2A to a person, another gun grabber's head explodes.

If 2/3rds of house say to repeal the Second Amendment, then 2/3rds of Senate agree. Then 38 states agree to repeal the Second Amendment, the Second Amendment is gone. And gone through legal means, as written in our Constitution.

What happens?

What happens is a bunch of fake freedom hollering morons will squeal like stuck pigs and then go back to eating copious amounts of hamburger until heart disease sends them to their graves.

Nope, it's never going to happen, especially after four years of Trump. Maybe it's a happy accident that the threat of a fascist police state is enough to remind many on the left that they better make peace with the 2A.
Support for any of these nonsensical notions that 2A doesn't protect individual rights is at an all time low, and the overwhelming majority of people on the left who do want regs simply want to have safeguards in place to make sure that a person really really REALLY is trustworthy with ownership of firearms, trustworthy and responsible.

TD, nothing you or ANYONE else does is EVER going to give you the fantasy world you dream of, just as nothing ANYONE else does will give Dianne Feinstein the fantasy world that she dreams of.

When you explain to people from all points on the spectrum why 2A is good for them, you are doing the Founder's work.
Every time you explain the benefits of the 2A to a person, another gun grabber's head explodes.

The fact that it happened with the Second Amendment in place, isn't a good look for the Second Amendment.

I'm talking over recent YEARS
And yet you present information that is at least six years old. On the other hand I'm presenting evidence from THIS YEAR.

Rich2018 said:
No that's generally what happens, if a GOP voter doesn't like Trump, he/she will just not vote.
I didn't like Trump in 2016, yet I voted for him; I still don't like him but I'm going to vote for him this year, for the same reason - I think he can do a better job.

And yet you present information that is at least six years old. On the other hand I'm presenting evidence from THIS YEAR.

So what it's a downward trend from 1972 to 2014

Are you saying that you have evidence that the trend reversed in 2014 ?

If so, let's see it

Yes there was a claimed spike in gun sales this year but it's just that, a spike on a downward trend.

• Gun ownership in the U.S. 1972-2019 | Statista

These figures go to 2019

I didn't like Trump in 2016, yet I voted for him; I still don't like him but I'm going to vote for him this year, for the same reason - I think he can do a better job.

A better job at being president ?

How bad a job does he need to do right now to change your view ?

Trump is the worst president every - by a country mile.

If 2/3rds of house say to repeal the Second Amendment, then 2/3rds of Senate agree. Then 38 states agree to repeal the Second Amendment, the Second Amendment is gone. And gone through legal means, as written in our Constitution.

What happens?

It does not need repeal... it needs to be AMENDED... to classify what it means!!! All Weapons held by people, does not fit the principle of "Home and Property Protections".
I'm not giving up my handguns nor my shot guns nor my rifles ...... just because some assholes want to have assault style military grade weapons.

I would not take a weapon to a Protest, I also would not brandish weapons just to push some delusion of being some "bad ass'... truth is, it takes on bullet to stop any of them who wear all that military styled garb in civic society.

I can protect my person and property just fine with more conventional hand guns, shot guns and rifle. I don't need some high volume semi-automatic weapons... and they damn sure are not designed for 'hunting".

I don't think a bunch of scared and conspiracy mined people should have access to publicly walk around with these assault weapons in full display....

I had an intruder at my home some months back... I verbally warned them to leave,, I discharged the weapon with it pointed away and downward, and the asshole still did not leave, I called the police, and I talked to 911, and I knew that I had enough security feature on my door, they could not get in, before I would have time to aim and resolve the situations. But, I damn sure did not need and assault weapon.
I have weapons that are suitable for my car, for riding my motorcycle and to carry as concealed.... FOR MY PROTECTIONS ... unless my life is under "direct threat" where I have to defend myself to save my life... Only then is it advisable to discharge the weapon and shoot someone.
People walking around looking like they are playing G.I. Joe... will likely end up locked in jail.

Stand your Ground and Castle Law, are to ensure that we don't become 'trigger happy" and shoot when the threat is not imminent. So, there's no need to plan on lying to cover up being trigger happy, so its easier to know the principles of gun ownership, concealed carry, and confronting personal violent attempts on my life and property.

looking like some para-military goon, is not my idea of responsible weapon ownership.

It does not need repeal... it needs to be AMENDED... to classify what it means!!! All Weapons held by people, does not fit the principle of "Home and Property Protections".
I'm not giving up my handguns nor my shot guns nor my rifles ...... just because some assholes want to have assault style military grade weapons.

I would not take a weapon to a Protest, I also would not brandish weapons just to push some delusion of being some "bad ass'... truth is, it takes on bullet to stop any of them who wear all that military styled garb in civic society.

I can protect my person and property just fine with more conventional hand guns, shot guns and rifle. I don't need some high volume semi-automatic weapons... and they damn sure are not designed for 'hunting".

I don't think a bunch of scared and conspiracy mined people should have access to publicly walk around with these assault weapons in full display....

I had an intruder at my home some months back... I verbally warned them to leave,, I discharged the weapon with it pointed away and downward, and the asshole still did not leave, I called the police, and I talked to 911, and I knew that I had enough security feature on my door, they could not get in, before I would have time to aim and resolve the situations. But, I damn sure did not need and assault weapon.
I have weapons that are suitable for my car, for riding my motorcycle and to carry as concealed.... FOR MY PROTECTIONS ... unless my life is under "direct threat" where I have to defend myself to save my life... Only then is it advisable to discharge the weapon and shoot someone.
People walking around looking like they are playing G.I. Joe... will likely end up locked in jail.

Stand your Ground and Castle Law, are to ensure that we don't become 'trigger happy" and shoot when the threat is not imminent. So, there's no need to plan on lying to cover up being trigger happy, so its easier to know the principles of gun ownership, concealed carry, and confronting personal violent attempts on my life and property.

looking like some para-military goon, is not my idea of responsible weapon ownership.

The simplest method to amend an amendment is to repeal it and pass a new amendment with your preferred text.

Usually when they get the cash, they tend to harm the victim. But if you want to sympathize with criminals, that's cool.

I just thought it was interesting that swing voter is anti gun but thinks is ok to have one to protect cash.

I’m all for protecting cash but I’m even more interested in protecting my life or that of a loved one. I certainly don’t sympathize with criminals.

I just thought it was interesting that swing voter is anti gun but thinks is ok to have one to protect cash.

I’m all for protecting cash but I’m even more interested in protecting my life or that of a loved one. I certainly don’t sympathize with criminals.

You protect your life best by hanging over your cash to an armed robber

However it might be your job to protect cash - eg: a bank guard.

Back
Top Bottom