• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Say the Second Amendment is repealed

Say the Second Amendment is repealed, what happens?

• Nothing

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Very little change

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Blue states and cities will ban semiauto rifles

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Total gun ban

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Other, specify

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t agree.

Ever heard the maxim "Don't draw on a drawn gun" ?

The US government's advice when held up by an armed robber is simply to comply with his instructions

Doing otherwise might well get you killed...armed muggers aren't looking to murder you, they want your cash, not your life.

(yes you can wind up dead/injured/raped anyway but you have a FAR better chance of coming out of the experience unscathed if you simply comply)

By your logic, shouldn’t the guard hand the money over to an armed robber?

Bank tellers are instructed to do just that

Guards are instructed to guard and employed for that purpose
They're supposed to be trained and equipped for the job but we all know that all too frequently they're not, so if they feel they're totally outgunned, they have to make a decision....

So what it's a downward trend from 1972 to 2014

Are you saying that you have evidence that the trend reversed in 2014 ?

If so, let's see it

Yes there was a claimed spike in gun sales this year but it's just that, a spike on a downward trend.

• Gun ownership in the U.S. 1972-2019 | Statista

These figures go to 2019
And again, DON'T cover the recent explosion in sales.

Rich2018 said:
A better job at being president ?

How bad a job does he need to do right now to change your view ?

Trump is the worst president every - by a country mile.
Wrong as usual.

Last edited:
The US government's advice when held up by an armed robber is simply to comply with his instructions

And we know the US government is always right.

What part of "surging gun demand" don't you grasp?

BTW: Remington declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy - basically protecting them from creditors while continuing to operate and reorganize. The tidal wave of new gun buyers will probably help. :cool:

Actually fewer people own guns. More people just own.more guns. Every year people sell their guns

Actually fewer people own guns. More people just own.more guns. Every year people sell their guns

Downward-trend-in-gun-ownership.jpg

Yes, this is true.

I just thought it was interesting that swing voter is anti gun but thinks is ok to have one to protect cash.

I’m all for protecting cash but I’m even more interested in protecting my life or that of a loved one. I certainly don’t sympathize with criminals.

Gotcha. Statement makes more sense now. I'm with you on protecting all those things.

Wrong. Millions of first time buyers have swamped gun stores.

If 2/3rds of house say to repeal the Second Amendment, then 2/3rds of Senate agree. Then 38 states agree to repeal the Second Amendment, the Second Amendment is gone. And gone through legal means, as written in our Constitution.

What happens?
The legislative branch( Congress and state legislatures take the lead in passing laws that regulate the sale, transport, ownership of guns and ammunition. I would prefer that Congress regulate international, interstate transport across borders and run a national gun registry and states take the lead otherwise . I don't think Alaska has the same needs as New York, or Hawaii has the same needs on guns as Montana and its silly to presume that they do.

Do you just make this **** up?
Sell them at get back to us. :lamo

Dude millions of used guns are sold every year. I have had guns and then sold all my guns in the past too.

Come on dude

Dude millions of used guns are sold every year. I have had guns and then sold all my guns in the past too.

Come on dude
What's your point - I've already demonstrated the rush of first-time gun buyers. They probably buy used guns, too.

What's your point - I've already demonstrated the rush of first-time gun buyers. They probably buy used guns, too.

And you have already been shown the decrease in gun households

And we know the US government is always right.

You're confusing politicians with official government agencies

Do you have a similar distrust of the meteorologist office or the CDC, or the state departments advice for travelers to a particular country ?

And you have already been shown the decrease in gun households
No, I've been shown old information; you've been shown the sky rocketing of new gun owners THIS YEAR.

No, I've been shown old information; you've been shown the sky rocketing of new gun owners THIS YEAR.

It's a long trend. Face it. Fewer people have guns

Back
Top Bottom