• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Say Something Nice, Again

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This has been done before, but I think it is a good thing to do every so often. Say some nice things about posters from the political spectrum you are not a part of...ie, if you are a liberal like me, say some nice things about conservative and libertarian posters. Please, no negative or attacking comments, at all.

Goshin: I may not agree with his views, but he has a strong moral sense I respect
Dav and Digsbe: This country needs young people who care about it like you two do
Zyphlin: In addition to being a wrestling fan(which is always a plus), your posts are always well thought out and make me re-examine how I came to my conclusions.
RightInNYC: You prove that the stereotypes about lawyers are not always true.
Texmaster: Just when I think I have you figured, you come out with a totally unexpected nonpartisan position. You are not an ideologue.
Gipper: Tigers fan, nuff said.
MrV: I doubt you and I will ever agree on a single issue, but I think you are a really good guy.

American: I used to dislike you so much that I put you on "ignore." Your one liners annoyed me. Now, I find them endearing and do not like it when I see people attacking your one liners. LOL I genuinely like you.
Zyphlin: I love how much thought you put into your posts. To me, it shows what a deep thinker you are and that you have depth to your character. I remember how concerned you were about your girlfriend's sister, and it showed me what a good heart you have.
StandUpChuck: Remember when I got completely pissed off at you at your comment about Biden? I think you are a wonderful person and a dedicated parent. These characteristics speak volumes about your character.
RightinNYU: I have always had a great rapport with you, and you are one of my favorites on here.

I gotta get back to work. I may come back here and submit more compliments. :2wave:

I'm not a liberal or conservative, so does that mean I have to post something about EVERYONE? :shock:

I'm not a liberal or conservative, so does that mean I have to post something about EVERYONE? :shock:

Sure, works for me.

Goshin: I may not agree with his views, but he has a strong moral sense I respect
Zyphlin: In addition to being a wrestling fan(which is always a plus), your posts are always well thought out and make me re-examine how I came to my conclusions.
RightInNYC: You prove that the stereotypes about lawyers are not always true.
Texmaster: Just when I think I have you figured, you come out with a totally unexpected nonpartisan position. You are not an ideologue.
MrV: I doubt you and I will ever agree on a single issue, but I think you are a really good guy.

I have to say, I'd say the exact same things about these people.

I would like to say to DeejayH, things got a little ugly between us in one of the Flotilla threads, I wanted to say no hard feelings and I'd have a beer with you any day buddy.

Redress and I use to have a horrible relationship on this site. Talk about rubbing each other the wrong way was an understatement. I finally decided it needed to change, and apparently Redress was thinking the same thing. So I posted a toast, and we buried the hatchet. Now we don't go for each other throats anymore.

I keep that hatchet under my pillow just in case though. :lol: j/k

Hey, if you guys have nothing nice to say...... :lol:

German guy is new (so am I). Nonetheless... he is articulate, nice and everybody likes him. When he went off on that guy about the 'mission accomplished' joke, it was hilarious and the guy got totally bent out of shape. That might be little cruel, but it was still funny as hell - especially when the guy was all "why don't you say that in front of military personel !?11!?".

Last edited:
Why can't we say something nice about someone we like?
That's racist.

I have nice things to say about a lot of people here that I NEVER agree with....

Redress...well actually, we do agree sometimes but the points we disagree on have brought me a great deal of entertainment and ignited passions that I feel I am losing the older I get

Aps...that chick is a stand up woman with a heart of gold

CaptainCourtesy...we disagree on social mechanics of DP more than we disagree politically but we ALWAYS find some common ground in the end.

Independent Thinker 2002...I think we have come to a place where we know we disagree but we also know we are genuine in our beliefs about certain race issues and that is golden in terms of mending fences sometimes

Orion...the guy is smart and he has a big heart and a love and lust for life and the well being of his fellow man that is unmatched by anyone else I have ever interacted with.

DisneyDude...he and I are polar opposites politically but when I needed his advice and his input about something personal and legal, that guy put all disagreements aside to give me sound advice that was applicable and productive. Plus, he's not really all that hysterical if you get past his rhetoric and try to understand his reasoning.

MrViccio...I think he and I have a lot more in common than we would like to admit. We've just rationalized our experiences in different ways and that has led to some disagreements that aren't really as profound as they appear on the surface.

Navy Pride...he is obtuse, irrational and demeaning but, goddammit, at his age he has earned the right to be a bit contrary. Plus I cannot hold contempt for such a committed patriot to this country.

Korymir the Rat...I don't get this guy's politics at all. I don't understand how he thinks and frankly I think he's weird. That being said I respect his honesty and his truth to his own beliefs and the fact that he doesn't play side...if you don't like what he has to say, well **** it....it's what he believes and that's what he says.

American's one liners have made me spit my coffee or water on more than one occasion. They may not be appropriate but they are almost always poignant

Thank you! I was coming back in here to say something about you because of our long history together! What a great surprise to come in here and see your words. xoxo

jallman: We have had our ups and our downs, but I think that is what makes our relationship so interesting to me. You can piss me off like nobody's business, but like your compliment to me, I see what a good-hearted person you are. You genuinely care about others. You would take the shirt off your back for someone who needed it. You are loyal as well.

Thank you! I was coming back in here to say something about you because of our long history together! What a great surprise to come in here and see your words. xoxo

jallman: We have had our ups and our downs, but I think that is what makes our relationship so interesting to me. You can piss me off like nobody's business, but like your compliment to me, I see what a good-hearted person you are. You genuinely care about others. You would take the shirt off your back for someone who needed it. You are loyal as well.

I will always have a certain love for you, aps...that can never be made void by politics. You know more about me than anyone here and I love your input because you are fair, loving, and kind. And you will always have my appreciation for the kindness and firmness you showed me when I was struggling. Aps, I think of you as a true friend and that means something to me even if it doesn't mean a thing to the internetz.

Korymir the Rat, I will never forget the day I found/stumbled upon DP and was checking out threads, posts, etc. I came upon a post by Korymir the Rat and felt his words in that post so much that I joined because I felt like Damn! I want to be here and I want to be apart of whatever HE is a part of. I joined and never left. I do not agree with him on a lot of things but he is such a "deep" person. I simply love him.

CaptainCourtesy: have no clue of his lean (it is super secret) but he is the best thing since cheesecake, cellphones and sunshine.

Caine, he has grew on me and I have a soft spot and a bit of a crush on him. I know that is odd and it is totally Not a disrespect towards his wife as I know he is very happily married. I just really value what he says even though most of what he says I do not agree with.

That is all for now.. I will be back though.

I have a few things to say to some others as well.
Rivrrat: Even though we disagree on many things I think that you are a down to earth real person that takes no BS and calls things for what they are.
Your Star: Even though your new here and I don't know you very well I will say that I have a great deal of respect for you and your opinions.
Redress: I can say that you are the most non partisan liberal I have ever met. I enjoy reading your posts and some of them have actually caused me to reconsider things or change my opinion all together. You seem very open-minded and respectful of everyone's opinions.
1069: Some of your humor and smack have made me literally laugh out loud. We disagree on pretty much everything, but I appreciate how you bring humor to debates. I respect you even though we may get into some heated discussions.
Jallman: We actually agree on some things, but I wanted to thank you for your posts. Even the ones I don't agree with I can appreciate. You're very intelligent.
phattonez: You're a very respectable person and I find your posts to be insightful.
Spud: You're our Aussie asset to the forum :mrgreen: Haha I enjoy your humor and I love reading your posts.

Last edited:
I will always have a certain love for you, aps...that can never be made void by politics. You know more about me than anyone here and I love your input because you are fair, loving, and kind. And you will always have my appreciation for the kindness and firmness you showed me when I was struggling. Aps, I think of you as a true friend and that means something to me even if it doesn't mean a thing to the internetz.

I finally have a reason to use this emoticon! :iloveyou:

Kali's posts are entertaining. I just don't think they're entertaining in a way she wants them to be. Either way, good stuff.

I have nice things to say about a lot of people here that I NEVER agree with....

Redress...well actually, we do agree sometimes but the points we disagree on have brought me a great deal of entertainment and ignited passions that I feel I am losing the older I get

CaptainCourtesy...we disagree on social mechanics of DP more than we disagree politically but we ALWAYS find some common ground in the end.

Independent Thinker 2002...I think we have come to a place where we know we disagree but we also know we are genuine in our beliefs about certain race issues and that is golden in terms of mending fences sometimes

Orion...the guy is smart and he has a big heart and a love and lust for life and the well being of his fellow man that is unmatched by anyone else I have ever interacted with.

DisneyDude...he and I are polar opposites politically but when I needed his advice and his input about something personal and legal, that guy put all disagreements aside to give me sound advice that was applicable and productive. Plus, he's not really all that hysterical if you get past his rhetoric and try to understand his reasoning.

MrViccio...I think he and I have a lot more in common than we would like to admit. We've just rationalized our experiences in different ways and that has led to some disagreements that aren't really as profound as they appear on the surface.

Navy Pride...he is obtuse, irrational and demeaning but, goddammit, at his age he has earned the right to be a bit contrary. Plus I cannot hold contempt for such a committed patriot to this country.

Korymir the Rat...I don't get this guy's politics at all. I don't understand how he thinks and frankly I think he's weird. That being said I respect his honesty and his truth to his own beliefs and the fact that he doesn't play side...if you don't like what he has to say, well **** it....it's what he believes and that's what he says.

American's one liners have made me spit my coffee or water on more than one occasion. They may not be appropriate but they are almost always poignant

That word has several interesting meanings, but I'll assume you meant it in a nice way. :D

GmanNickG- he da man! I often don't agree with him on religious issues, but he's so damn reasonable and non-offensive, I can't help but have deep respect for him.:)

Liblady- she's a-ok for a lib lady.:mrgreen:

megaprogman- he's a good guy, and highly principled- there's hope for him yet.;)

LiberalAvenger- we rarely agree, but he's funny in a corny sort of way, and good-natured.

Everyone: I hate you all equally. To say otherwise would result in my being called a racist, sexist, or whatever other kind of -ist folks could come up with.

:mrgreen:

Kali's posts are entertaining. I just don't think they're entertaining in a way she wants them to be. Either way, good stuff.

What the hell is that suppose to mean? This is a NICE thread and you still must manage to try and insult me in an underhanded way? Thanks a lot Gip! Thanks a lot. :(

Back
Top Bottom