• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saw Tom at his sister''s house today...

So, Claudia, Tom's sister, had a BBQ today and invited me. I was happy to go and had told her that I had absolutely no problem with him being there. She loves her brother. Period. she didn't think he'd come. I thought he would because his daughter and her family were going to be there. I thought he'd come. He did.

i greeted him cordially, and later whispered in his ear that I thought it took guts. And it was the right thing to do. He was visibly moved. It was a kind of closure.

He actually sat with me most of the visit. I'd bought his little granddaughter and grandson Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls and book with a story about them both. They drug them around by a leg or an arm the whole they were there.

When his daughter's husband kissed me good-bye, he whispered, "You are awesome. We can't believe this day. We love you." I can't tell you what that meant to me. His little granddaughter gave me a card she'd made that she hid behind her back.

Laura said she asked Laura to help her make it. She's 3-1/2. It was covered in hearts... she told her mom what to write..l "I love you in my heart." ❤️

It was a very very meaningful day. Tom and I both set an example of the best of what happens when love goes wrong. We joked a little. Kidded a little. He was moved by the experience as was I, frankly. I was proud of both of us. I am sorry that Tom did what he did. But I understand it. It is his cross to bear, not mine.

I was invited to Christmas. I have to Uber to Claudia's house tomorrow to pick up my car, but it was the right thing to do. Too much wine.

Tom lives a half-mile from me with his new squeeze. He still doesn't have a car. I think I know why. But I'd had too much to drink. Tom's brother had picked him out... so I bummed a ride.

I'm proud of myself.

That is just too damn heart warming...:)

You put a smile on my face and a wistful tear in my eye. Well done young lady. Grandkids are angels from heaven.

I am so glad it is working out for you.

Very well done. :applaud

Back
Top Bottom