• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Saui King Abdullah sees elected leaders in 15 years

128shot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
http://www.washtimes.com/world/2005...21925-1936r.htm

Saudi King Abdullah promised Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice a series of reforms that could give the desert kingdom an elected government within 10 to 15 years, says a senior U.S. official who was present when the two met in June.

I think we're going to see a change in the region if this actually happens. A shift in policy as well.

Could it be that they're trying to prepare for their own oil shock?

Here is a recent quote from one of the crown Saudi Princes.

"Islam is in our genes. It is unlikely that we will replace our strick Sharia Laws in favor of medern and contemporary laws".

So much for any chance to stop the barberic practice of beheading a man who was horney and bonked his neighbors wife. Or cutting the hand of a man who was hungree and stole an apple in the market place.

Yes, demcracy will come to that for god saken state, when they will seperate religion and Politics. Untill then, Mustaffah will continue to sock that nargillah and think, which one of my 4 wives I am going to bonk tonight, and what name am going to call my 30's child.

Any type of democracy and freedom in the Middle East is extremely beneficial not only to world peace but also to the security of the world. Peace and freedom/prosperity is key to deterring terrorism, and Islamic Extremism.

KevinWan said:
Any type of democracy and freedom in the Middle East is extremely beneficial not only to world peace but also to the security of the world. Peace and freedom/prosperity is key to deterring terrorism, and Islamic Extremism.

You are correct. Unfortunately it is not going to happend in a country where inhabitants there still conform to 1400 year barberic laws of the desert........... and be proud of it.

Freedom of expression, movement, and respect for all humans, including to women are the fundemental element of the existance human rece. Be it, Islamic, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Black, white, yellow, green, tomatos or fruits. It does not matter. As long as people are free in their mind and soul.
That is what important.

As far as one considers, Saudi Arabia can call it whatever its wants. As long as their women, are treated equaly as human being, instead of just a breading machine, charning out little muhameds.

As soon as non-Muslims can visit Mecca & Medinah without fear for their lives. That will bring peace and tranquility to our world. Not hollow assertion from the Saudi officials.

righton said:
Untill then, Mustaffah will continue to sock that nargillah and think, which one of my 4 wives I am going to bonk tonight, and what name am going to call my 30's child.
Hehe ... I really enjoyed reading this post even though I have no idea where is all this coming from .. It's always a pleasure to **** off someone like righton :cool:

mustafa said:
Hehe ... I really enjoyed reading this post even though I have no idea where is all this coming from .. It's always a pleasure to **** off someone like righton :cool:

Mustafa,
I am realy sorry. No offence towards you. As you see I am new on this forum, and did not know somebody (you) is using that very name.

I used "Musttafa" as example to any average Saudi (or other Arabs for that matter), who sits in a coffee shop in Jeddah, Riyad, etc.

Last edited:
righton said:
Mustafa,
I am realy sorry. No offence towards you. As you see I am new on this forum, and did not know somebody (you) is using that very name.

I used "Musttafa" as example to any average Saudi (or other Arabs for that matter), who sits in a coffee shop in Jeddah, Riyad, etc.
Forget it :mrgreen: .... Why are you against saudi's and arabs so much anyway ... and what do you think of Islam and what exactly you don't like about it , can you give some examples plz ... just wanna know ur percpective
Thanx :2wave:

mustafa said:
Forget it :mrgreen: .... Why are you against saudi's and arabs so much anyway ... and what do you think of Islam and what exactly you don't like about it , can you give some examples plz ... just wanna know ur percpective
Thanx :2wave:

Sahbi,
you realy want to know. i will do my best to answer as candid as I can.

1. I want you take a look at this website, watch and listen to some of the garbage these clerics spew out of their mouth.

http://memri.org/video/index.html

2. As one who lived under Islamic regime, I know all too well how much of your dignity, and self respect you a forced to give up in order to just survive as a minority (Jew) in an fundementalist Islamic regime.

You know mustafa? many decades ago when I was a child, we were invited by a Muslim neighbor to another muslim family's celebration of something I don't remember. Upon arrival there, the head of a family kissed and hugged my Jewish father, not being aware of his religion. Later when conversation got as far as my father was forced to reveal his religion, I watched that freaking Muslim curse at my father, his face all red, calling him a "dirty Jew get out of my house", Then he run to take a hot shower and throughouly scrubb himself. I kid you not. You know those images stay with you the rest of your life.

When I see or hear a despotic Imam from Saudi Arabia, or Egypt preach blind hatred of Jews to innocent children of 8 or 10 years of age. I can not and will not tolerate not only these scums, but the type of religion they represent. Islam or no Islam, I DON'T CARE.

What do I have against Saudi Arabia?. The same complain as any other rational persons would have. I expect them to divert some of their vast money donated for the 100,000 madresses around the world to teach these school children vocational skills where they also can make a decent living, beside learning useless and hollow pipe dream of bygone area of Islam past glories, which is unlikely ever to return - given the present circumastances.

What I have against them, is they are more then any Islamic state, are in position to premeate and influence peace between Jews, Christians and Muslims. Instead of conintued support of radical Whabbi sect of Islam, which is by and large more responsible for killing innocet people (muslims and non-Muslims alike), then any other Islamic sect.

My main question is why rational and level headed Muslims can't contain the radical elements of their religion?.

I do have problem with ummah that always plays the victim when thing do not go its way - despite the fact to the contrary. contantly preach for revenge.

Take the example of Israel vs. Pals. since WWII over 130 Million people around the world were displaced, lost their lives, homes, land, dignity. Since then, parctically every group had picked up the pieces, looked forward, forged cooperation with its former enemies and quitely built itself and moved on. Just look at the japan-China. Japan-Koreas. Europe-Germany. Japan-US, Germany-Israel, US-Germany. Now compare that to Israel-Arabs conflict. Why is it the Palestinians are the only remaining refugees on this planet.

Granted, injustice was done. There was a war in 1948 between Israel and Arab. There were more losers, there were less winners. Yes few thousands (Not all) pals were forced out from their land and homes. So faith happened to Jews in Europe, Jews throughout Arab- Islamic counries, including my own family. why these arabs can't swallow their hollow and useless pride, look at he bright side of life. Get down with the Israelis, peach in from their vast land and faniancial resources together with Israel just solve the pals problem once for all. Why do they insist to return to a place it is no longer there. Why any settlement has to end with eminent destruction of the other side. Why no compromise for god sake.

Why Pals are still kept in refugee camps throughout Arab countries, where they are treated like wild and deceased animals.

I don't have problem with Muslims, but I do have problem with the kind of Islam which preaches intolerant and hatred of "infedels". And refers to its holy book for guidance to kill and destroy others who don't subscibe to its narrow and brital ideology.

every rational muslim says that jihad is being abused, and not used for its intended purpose.

So I don't believe religion is at fault, its being pumped with certain notions and skewed information.

128shot said:
every rational muslim says that jihad is being abused, and not used for its intended purpose.

So I don't believe religion is at fault, its being pumped with certain notions and skewed information.

But your answer to this ALL IMPORTANT question...

My main question is why rational and level headed Muslims can't contain the radical elements of their religion?.

...is they SAY it's being abused...Fatwas are a nice step in the right direction, but there should be more ACTION being done on the Muslim side.

The Crusades were a time when Christians proved they can be idiots...The Ummah has a chance to see that past and take a better road...

Instead, they let the Radicals clerics embrace it and use it to fuel hatred...

128shot said:

I take a strong exception to this comment. Religious dogma, backed by corrupt, and oppressive system has everything to do with.

Muslims are not the only ones with religious fundementalists. Nuts like them exist in every religion. Jewish, Christianity, Hindu, you name it.

Take for example recent Israeli pullout of Gaza. Many of those settlers were devout religiious families. Their reason for living in Gaza was based on devout historical religious. They took the evacuation from their homes as "anti-god". They also "vowed never to give up their land and homes". Yet look how the Israelis had managed to evacuate each and everyone of them without a single shot, or a single casualties.

Look at our own backyard here in U.S. Don't we have religious nutcacks who think Christianity is the only true religion, of which others must subjucated to Jeuses. Yet, we don't see any one them declaring jihad, and taking arms and committing homicide bombing against civilians.

To Muslims I say, the Radical Islam was bread, fed, and promoted by your illitirate, backword Imams, Mullahs, and other despotic Islamic and political leaders. This is your "baby", your problem. It should be handled by other level-headed Muslims. Much like other major religions do.

Muslims are not the only victims in these world. every ethnic and religious group have endured more atrocities then Muslims will ever endure.
If you have grievences against the west, and Israel (and you may have ones), tfadal, get to the table and TALK, NEGOTIATE, before You shoot or blow yourself up. But before that, make sure to understand where the other side (Jews & Christians) come from.

Sorry Muslim amigos, Americans (Gringos) do not owe you any explanation, nor justifications as to why they support Israel. Just as much as you do not explain why your Muslim brethen from oil rich states of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Sudan and elsewhere, fund the and support Taliban style maddrasses throughout Pakistan, Bagladesh, Afganistan and elsewhere, which resulted in Al Qai'ida, and other Islamic terorr groups.

Last edited:
Ah, now I understand what you were saying...completely agree..

and christians in the USA don't use bombs or bullets, they use the judicial system and legistlation to terrorize us.

128shot said:
Ah, now I understand what you were saying...completely agree..

and christians in the USA don't use bombs or bullets, they use the judicial system and legistlation to terrorize us.

As I said, they are also cookooheads. But, It still far preferred method to spread a message, then blowing up buses, and traines full of civilian passengers.

*sigh*

I've always wanted to visit Saudi Arabia. However, I'm not suicidal - so I guess it's just one of those unrealistic dreams.

128shot said:
I think we're going to see a change in the region if this actually happens. A shift in policy as well.

Could it be that they're trying to prepare for their own oil shock?
I wouldn't hold your breath.

Put yourself in the shoes of the Saudi rulers and their lackeys, massive fortune, lavish lifestyle, the power to manipulate the masses to their will, and plenty of western leaders ready to defend them, why should they make any changes? IMO this is just more sweet talk to temporarily make western leaders feel less guilty about selling out their morals for Saudi oil.

Honestly I think the Saudis are the most dangerous dictatorship out there. The ability of these cowards to keep sponsoring their own perverted self serving form of Islam throughout the world is one of the greatest injustices of our time.

I strongly believe that the Saudi sponsored hate speech being shoved down the throats of Muslims throughout the world is the root cause of most Islamic terrorism. I have no doubt that most western leaders are aware of the true nature of this regime yet fail to stand up to them because of the perpetual "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation they find themselves in. What I mean is, if they denounce the Saudi dictatorship for what it is, their economies will be devastated by the inevitable oil embargo they will face. However if they continue to smile, shake hands, and turn a blind eye, irrational hate-fueled terrorist groups will continue to expand and grow in strength.

Back
Top Bottom