• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Saudis rebuff Rice, side with Hamas

KidRocks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Ye haw!

Go Saudi Arabia, stick it to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, tell her to get lost and go back to the kitchen where she belongs.

This, coupled with Iraq's Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari angrily rejecting Bush's "sectarian warning" to shun sectarianism in the country's new government yesterday may be the straw that have broken the camels (Bush administration's) back.

Good old Saudi Arabia, we know who our friends are, don't we?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-02-22-saudi-hamas_x.htm

Saudis won't sign on to U.S. isolation of Hamas

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia refused Wednesday to join an American effort to deny foreign aid to a Palestinian government led by Hamas, the second Arab ally in two days to rebuff Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"We wish not to link the international aid to the Palestinian people to considerations other than their dire humanitarian needs," Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal said through a translator.

Rice sat at Saud's side as he spoke, as she had stood by on Tuesday when Saud's Egyptian counterpart said it was premature to cut off aid to a Hamas-led government.

The top U.S. diplomat is making her first visit to the Middle East since Hamas swept Palestinian elections last month, stunning Washington and threatening the already fragile Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

Both Saud and Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said the world should not prejudge Hamas, signaling that the Arab world, like some European countries and Russia, is hedging its bets about whether and when to sever financial ties that keep the cash-strapped Palestinian government afloat.

The Saudis told the United States on Wednesday that they plan to continue sending approximately $15 million monthly to the Palestinian government, U.S. officials said on condition of anonymity because the discussions were private.

The United States and the European Union list Hamas as a terrorist organization. Arab nations generally have friendly relations with Hamas, which also has a successful political arm...

KidRocks said:
Ye haw!

Go Saudi Arabia, stick it to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, tell her to get lost and go back to the kitchen where she belongs.

This, coupled with Iraq's Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari angrily rejecting Bush's "sectarian warning" to shun sectarianism in the country's new government yesterday may be the straw that have broken the camels (Bush administration's) back.

Good old Saudi Arabia, we know who our friends are, don't we?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-02-22-saudi-hamas_x.htm

Saudis won't sign on to U.S. isolation of Hamas

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — Saudi Arabia refused Wednesday to join an American effort to deny foreign aid to a Palestinian government led by Hamas, the second Arab ally in two days to rebuff Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"We wish not to link the international aid to the Palestinian people to considerations other than their dire humanitarian needs," Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal said through a translator.

Rice sat at Saud's side as he spoke, as she had stood by on Tuesday when Saud's Egyptian counterpart said it was premature to cut off aid to a Hamas-led government.

The top U.S. diplomat is making her first visit to the Middle East since Hamas swept Palestinian elections last month, stunning Washington and threatening the already fragile Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

Both Saud and Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said the world should not prejudge Hamas, signaling that the Arab world, like some European countries and Russia, is hedging its bets about whether and when to sever financial ties that keep the cash-strapped Palestinian government afloat.

The Saudis told the United States on Wednesday that they plan to continue sending approximately $15 million monthly to the Palestinian government, U.S. officials said on condition of anonymity because the discussions were private.

The United States and the European Union list Hamas as a terrorist organization. Arab nations generally have friendly relations with Hamas, which also has a successful political arm...

No surprise here. The Saudi Arabs (The true lords of terror) and the Persians need a conflict between Palestinians and Israelis more than they care for a peace. They are willing to fight Israelis to the last Palestinian to divert attention and blame to the west. Not to mention that they and their Radical element throughout the Middle East "supported" and encouraged Hamas long before the elections anyway.

KidRocks said:
Ye haw!

KidRocks proves my signature every time he posts. :cool:

Kid,

Got a question for you. These remarks of yours seem totally anti-American. Sure, you clearly have a distinct hate of Bush, and thats ok. Every President has a segment of the population that dislikes him, perhaps like in your case, intensely.

But your comments seem to take a particular delight in denigrating anything and everything American whether or not Bush is related to whatever it is you've chosen to denigrate or not. You may not like Bush or the Bush administration, but why do you take such delight in bashing America? There are many, many well-meaning people in the US government and military that are spending significant portions of their lives trying to do the right thing, trying to enhance and protect American (yours and mine) interests around the world.

They are giving it their best and what do they get back from people like you? Second-guessing, armchair quarterbacking and partisan bashing. Nothing constructive, just bashing.

So what gives with the 'hate USA' campaign?

Thats my impression. Am I wrong?

KCConservative said:
KidRocks proves my signature every time he posts. :cool:

Well someone has to rebuff the corrupt Bush regime, even if it's our own allies doing the rebuffing even if it's me, you see, the Bush administration will do anything to hold on to power, even if it means spying on Americans, planting stories in the media, arresting anti-war moms in the chamber gallery of the House right before President Bush's SOTU speech just for wearing a tee-shirt.

Some has to rebuff the "culture of corruption" administration. Someone has to restore the "Constitution of the United States" and ...it just may be Iraq that teaches President Bush and the Republicans a valuable lesson they'll soon not forget!

oldreliable67 said:
Kid,

Got a question for you. These remarks of yours seem totally anti-American. Sure, you clearly have a distinct hate of Bush, and thats ok. Every President has a segment of the population that dislikes him, perhaps like in your case, intensely.

But your comments seem to take a particular delight in denigrating anything and everything American whether or not Bush is related to whatever it is you've chosen to denigrate or not. You may not like Bush or the Bush administration, but why do you take such delight in bashing America? There are many, many well-meaning people in the US government and military that are spending significant portions of their lives trying to do the right thing, trying to enhance and protect American (yours and mine) interests around the world.

They are giving it their best and what do they get back from people like you? Second-guessing, armchair quarterbacking and partisan bashing. Nothing constructive, just bashing.

So what gives with the 'hate USA' campaign?

Thats my impression. Am I wrong?

I don't bash America I bash r-wing extremists, sometimes I bash moderate Republicans, that they happen to be Americans is not their fault nor mine.

That they happen to live in the USA doesn't equate me with the "hate USA campaign".

I concede that sometimes I go a little overboard but I feel that that is especially necessary nowadays, no more *****footing, the Bush administration must be shaken to it's foundations and brought back to reality.

Wake-up America!

KidRocks said:
Well someone has to rebuff the corrupt Bush regime, even if it's our own allies doing the rebuffing even if it's me, you see, the Bush administration will do anything to hold on to power, even if it means spying on Americans, planting stories in the media, arresting anti-war moms in the chamber gallery of the House right before President Bush's SOTU speech just for wearing a tee-shirt.

Some has to rebuff the "culture of corruption" administration. Someone has to restore the "Constitution of the United States" and ...it just may be Iraq that teaches President Bush and the Republicans a valuable lesson they'll soon not forget!

My my, political jealousy makes people spew some outrageous things.

KidRocks said:
the Bush administration must be shaken to it's foundations and brought back to reality.
Can you say November 2008?

KidRocks said:

Just like a liberal to side with terrorists over the US or Israel.

If a Conservative made the kitchen comment, the libs here would be all over howsexist that was. However, KidRocks is yet another example of the truth. The left are both anti-America AND sexist.

:boohoo: :boohoo:
KidRocks said:
I don't bash America I bash r-wing extremists, sometimes I bash moderate Republicans, that they happen to be Americans is not their fault nor mine.

That they happen to live in the USA doesn't equate me with the "hate USA campaign".

I concede that sometimes I go a little overboard but I feel that that is especially necessary nowadays, no more *****footing, the Bush administration must be shaken to it's foundations and brought back to reality.

Wake-up America!

:boohoo: YAWNNNN.......:boohoo:

When does the lame impeach - impeach -impeach chant start... I can see how the foundation is Shaking....

And I have got to agree with old. You seem to glory in anything that demeans this country. ANy and all failures seem to make you happier then any success.. Kind of sad...

KCConservative said:
My my, political jealousy makes people spew some outrageous things.

Outrageous?

Have you seen the headlines today?

Have you read about the "mess" in Iraq?

No, my friend, everything I wrote about the Bush Regime above is coming to light, everything is true and you cannot deny that can you?

Spying on Americans? True!

Planting stories in the media? True!

Arresting anti-war moms in the chamber gallery of the House right befor President Bush's SOTU speech just for wearing a tee-shirt? True!

It just may be Iraq that teaches President Bush and the Republicans a valuable lesson they'll soon not forget? Coming soon my friend, yes indeed!

Just you watch!

KidRocks said:
Spying on Americans? True!
FALSE!

Bush monitored phone calls where one party was an al-Qaeda operative outside the country. Believe it or not, we are in a war. During previous wars, we've monitored ALL communications coming in or out of the country and no one made a fuss.

KidRocks said:
Planting stories in the media? True!
Who the hell doesn't plant stories in the media? It's called a f**king press conference. As long as those stories are true, there is no guilt.

KidRocks said:
Arresting anti-war moms in the chamber gallery of the House right befor President Bush's SOTU speech just for wearing a tee-shirt? True!
Arresting ONE anti-war person (not plural) for wearing attire that violated the House of Representatives dress code. The wife of a Florida representative was also removed for wearing a similar pro-war T-shirt.

KidRocks said:
It just may be Iraq that teaches President Bush and the Republicans a valuable lesson they'll soon not forget? Coming soon my friend, yes indeed!
What lesson would that be and how will it be taught? By the deaths of more American troops? Is this the lesson that you are in eager anticipation of? Has your hatred of Bush and the GOP reached the point to where you will eagerly await the deaths of American soldiers just to vindicate your own political leanings?

KidRocks said:
Just you watch!
So here we have KidRocks eagerly hoping for the deaths of the people sworn to protect his country just so he can score political points. KR, you are one disgusting individual.

battleax86 said:
FALSE!

Bush monitored phone calls where one party was an al-Qaeda operative outside the country. Believe it or not, we are in a war. During previous wars, we've monitored ALL communications coming in or out of the country and no one made a fuss.

Who the hell doesn't plant stories in the media? It's called a f**king press conference. As long as those stories are true, there is no guilt.

Arresting ONE anti-war person (not plural) for wearing attire that violated the House of Representatives dress code. The wife of a Florida representative was also removed for wearing a similar pro-war T-shirt.

What lesson would that be and how will it be taught? By the deaths of more American troops? Is this the lesson that you are in eager anticipation of? Has your hatred of Bush and the GOP reached the point to where you will eagerly await the deaths of American soldiers just to vindicate your own political leanings?

So here we have KidRocks eagerly hoping for the deaths of the people sworn to protect his country just so he can score political points. KR, you are one disgusting individual.

The truth is that r-wing extremists such as yourself don't give a sh!t about the deaths of our brave American troops, all you care about is President Bush and how the body-bags make Bush look bad and embarass r-wing extremists to no end.

You dittoheads don't give a damn about the "Iraqi" people either, you never did until Bush invaded Iraq.

All you extremists care about is more warm bodies for Bush's dirty little war. It's all about Bush to you Bush-worshippers. It's all about power in the White House and Bush & Co will say and do anything to hold onto that power including lying, cheating and stealing!

And yes it's true, Iraq will be your downfall!

KidRocks said:
The truth is that r-wing extremists such as yourself don't give a sh!t about the deaths of our brave American troops, all you care about is President Bush and how the body-bags make Bush look bad and embarass r-wing extremists to no end.

You dittoheads don't give a damn about the "Iraqi" people either, you never did until Bush invaded Iraq.

All you extremists care about is more warm bodies for Bush's dirty little war. It's all about Bush to you Bush-worshippers. It's all about power in the White House and Bush & Co will say and do anything to hold onto that power including lying, cheating and stealing!

And yes it's true, Iraq will be your downfall!

I think a few soldiers died yesterday... You should do your happy dance now...

Calm2Chaos said:
I think a few soldiers died yesterday... You should do your happy dance now...

What's the matter?

Things not going well in Iraq?

You extremists are probably praying for another 9/11 to strike America, to unite you war-mongers and drive up Bush and the Republican Party's poll-approval ratings, aren't you?

Just so you can quench your politically-correct extremist agenda.

KidRocks said:
What's the matter?

Things not going well in Iraq?

You extremists are probably praying for another 9/11 to strike America, to unite you war-mongers and drive up Bush and the Republican Party's poll-approval ratings, aren't you?

Just so you can quench your politically-correct extremist agenda.

Not at all.. Things are going fine. Nobody expected to walk into Iraq and it to be a part time gig.. This is a war and things happen and people die. It's something normal people don't delight over... You and the terorrist in this case are the exception.

Your completely dark view of this country and the people tat defend it kind of makes you the extremist. You don't know what it takes to defend or secure a country. And you would never fight for it if the need arose. least IMO. Your strong point, well only point is complaining about it.

I'm not stupid enough to think everything we do is correct. And I am not dumb enough to think that every decision this administration makes is right. But I am not so tainted by my hatred and condemnation that I rejoice in my soldiers deaths and any and all defeats no matter how minor they are for this country. Your a sad little man with a lot of hate and anger. And your upset that you just can't get back anyone to see things quite your way

Calm2Chaos said:
Not at all.. Things are going fine. Nobody expected to walk into Iraq and it to be a part time gig.. This is a war and things happen and people die. It's something normal people don't delight over... You and the terorrist in this case are the exception.

Your completely dark view of this country and the people tat defend it kind of makes you the extremist. You don't know what it takes to defend or secure a country. And you would never fight for it if the need arose. least IMO. Your strong point, well only point is complaining about it.

I'm not stupid enough to think everything we do is correct. And I am not dumb enough to think that every decision this administration makes is right. But I am not so tainted by my hatred and condemnation that I rejoice in my soldiers deaths and any and all defeats no matter how minor they are for this country. Your a sad little man with a lot of hate and anger. And your upset that you just can't get back anyone to see things quite your way

This is a war and things happen and people die.

Typical of you extremists to belittle and besmirch the deaths of our brave troops but you do it all the time!

things happen and people die
How dispicable you people are!

KidRocks said:
Typical of you extremists to belittle and besmirch the deaths of our brave troops but you do it all the time!

"things happen and people die" huh? How dispicable you people are!

Your a joke..!!! Everybody knows your a joke. Your attempt at trying to get people to think you give a rats *** about our soldiers is transparent at best. The turth and the fact is "Things happen in war....People die". If you are not bright enough to understand this I can't help that. Soldiers do there jobs, they defend, they secure and they occasionally give there lives. Your whole wrap is to belittle and besmirch... Away with you little boy ... !! The joke just isn't funny......

1) The comment about Condi Rice was sexist, and I find it offensive. I'm a woman too, should I stay in the kitchen? Sorry, I don't cook, my husband happens to be a chef. Shame on you for perpetuating a stereotype.

2) The Bush administration most certainly DID think that Iraq would be a quick war. Things didn't go the way they expected. That may have had something to do with the failure to do post-war planning BEFORE going in.

3) SA supporting Hamas despite the visit of Condi Rice shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I'm certain it was not a surprise to the Bush administration. They didn't ask for SA to cut off Hamas because they knew it wouldn't happen. Their request is more pragmatic, for SA and other Arab countries to use their influence to convince Hamas to moderate its positions.

NYStateofMind said:
1) The comment about Condi Rice was sexist, and I find it offensive. I'm a woman too, should I stay in the kitchen? Sorry, I don't cook, my husband happens to be a chef. Shame on you for perpetuating a stereotype.

2) The Bush administration most certainly DID think that Iraq would be a quick war. Things didn't go the way they expected. That may have had something to do with the failure to do post-war planning BEFORE going in.

3) SA supporting Hamas despite the visit of Condi Rice shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I'm certain it was not a surprise to the Bush administration. They didn't ask for SA to cut off Hamas because they knew it wouldn't happen. Their request is more pragmatic, for SA and other Arab countries to use their influence to convince Hamas to moderate its positions.
I agree with all 3 statements you have made.

In regard to your first statement, Rice doesnt need to be in a kitchen. She is a pragmatist, as opposed to a Neocon, and she is doing a good job, in fact, such a good job that she has been able to effectively neuter Donald Rumsfeld in foreign policy matters. :)

NYStateofMind said:
WRONG..... from the begining he stated that we would be in this for the long haul. And that this was not going to be a quick fight. Thats another nice little liberal myth

Calm2Chaos said:
WRONG..... from the begining he stated that we would be in this for the long haul. And that this was not going to be a quick fight. Thats another nice little liberal myth

Hmmm. Nothing about the Iraqi's greeting us with flowers, huh? I can provide the quote and link if you would like. Am just giving you a chance to take back your little attempt to rewrite history.

Calm2Chaos said:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

President Bush, beneath "Mission Accomplished" banner, gives a thumbs-up after declaring an end to major combat in Iraq, May 1, 2003

"Go Saudi Arabia, stick it to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, tell her to get lost and go back to the kitchen where she belongs."

^
IS it just me, or is this comment just a tad misogynistic?

SixStringHero said:
"Go Saudi Arabia, stick it to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, tell her to get lost and go back to the kitchen where she belongs."

^
IS it just me, or is this comment just a tad misogynistic?

Just a tad, after all, we know that the Arab/Muslim culture is a bit misogynous when it comes to their women. So, they are probably thinking that of Rice.

Back
Top Bottom