• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudis ready to spend 'billions of dollars' on U.S. natural gas assets

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From NBC News

Saudi Aramco, the world's top oil producer, is looking to acquire natural gas assets in the United States and is willing to spend "billions of dollars" to become a global gas player, the company's CEO said on Tuesday.

Amin Nasser told Reuters in an interview that his company wants to increase its U.S. investments. It already owns Motiva, the biggest U.S. oil refinery.

"We have agreed to bring an additional $10 billion in the Motiva refining complex," said the chief executive, attending the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

"We do have appetite for additional investments in the United States. Aramco’s international gas team has been given an open platform to look at gas acquisitions along the whole supply chain. They have been given significant financial firepower — in the billions of dollars."

COMMENT:-

I wonder what the difference is between "offshoring jobs" and "offshoring profits"?

Isn't it about time for those Patriotic Real Patriotic True Patriotic Conservative Patriotic American Patriotic Patriots who have already sold their assets to American companies (that happen to be 100% owned by people who are neither resident in nor citizens of the United States of America) to start complaining about the fact that "**F*O*R*E*I*G*N*E*R*S** are buying up America!!!!"?

From NBC News

Saudi Aramco, the world's top oil producer, is looking to acquire natural gas assets in the United States and is willing to spend "billions of dollars" to become a global gas player, the company's CEO said on Tuesday.

Amin Nasser told Reuters in an interview that his company wants to increase its U.S. investments. It already owns Motiva, the biggest U.S. oil refinery.

"We have agreed to bring an additional $10 billion in the Motiva refining complex," said the chief executive, attending the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

"We do have appetite for additional investments in the United States. Aramco’s international gas team has been given an open platform to look at gas acquisitions along the whole supply chain. They have been given significant financial firepower — in the billions of dollars."

I wonder what the difference is between "offshoring jobs" and "offshoring profits"?

Isn't it about time for those Patriotic Real Patriotic True Patriotic Conservative Patriotic American Patriotic Patriots who have already sold their assets to American companies (that happen to be 100% owned by people who are neither resident in nor citizens of the United States of America) to start complaining about the fact that "**F*O*R*E*I*G*N*E*R*S** are buying up America!!!!"?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. And they have brown skin to boot. What a quandary for the R's.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. And they have brown skin to boot. What a quandary for the R's.

I'm a Republican and I have brown skin. What a quandary for you, huh?

And I have a secret ... there are LOTS and LOTS of us out there.

And I have a secret ... there are LOTS and LOTS of us out there.

Yeah, I notice when I look at pictures of the GOP members of congress and by the amount of votes the GOP gets from brown skinned folks. Or am I imagining that?

Well I don't know -- perhaps you should check out Trump's approval rating by Latinos. More than 50%. Another quandary, huh?

From NBC News

What kind of patriot are you? Ain't you never heard of CORPORATISM? Citizens United says they be real people and they're also allowed to rent as many politicians as they want. Since the career path for sociopaths and psychopaths seems to be politics, we might have a problem. Who'd a thunk it?
\/

Back
Top Bottom