• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi teen declared UN refugee deactivates her Twitter account over death threats

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ed-un-refugee-deactivates-her-twitter-account

The teenager from Saudi Arabia who fled to Thailand after she was threatened for renouncing Islam has reportedly deactivated the Twitter account she used to publicize her case after she received death threats.

Rahaf Qunun, 18, was declared a refugee by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on Wednesday after broadcasting to the world threats against her in her home country.
=======================================================
These Saudis are only a handful of generations removed from nomads living in tents in the desert. But they certainly take their religion seriously, especially when it come to keeping their women in line.

I read somewhere today that she has been granted asylum in Canada. I doubt that thought never entered Trump's brain, as concerned as he is with the invasion on our southern front.

This will continue to happen, time and time again, until Islam is forced to evolve.

This will continue to happen, time and time again, until Islam is forced to evolve.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Waiting for a person to change is hard enough, but an entire culture/religion?

Forced to evolve?
That's not how evolution works. Christianity evolved and it wasn't forced.

You sure about that?

About which, that it evolved or that the evolution wasn't forced? Yeah, compared to how it was I'd say it's evolved. Most of Christianity no longer relies on the old tribal, uh, exaggerations that still drive lots of Islam. I mean, there's all kinds of really nasty stuff in the Bible, including about apostasy, that has been left behind and I'm sure will be left behind by Islam too eventually. But any effort to force that will only meet with more determined resistance, my opinion. Best thing the west can do is try to contain it into those areas where most people want it that way. My opinion, anyway. Stop the spread and let it all fade away naturally.

Any kind of religious politics, whether it be Islam, Christianity, etc, is largely like 90% bull****.

Islam is written in stone. God his own self said that religion has been perfected in the form of Islam and that it can never be changed. How dare any human presume to improve on that which God has made perfect.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Waiting for a person to change is hard enough, but an entire culture/religion?

You are right. Islam is more than a 'religion'. It is a culture and a philosophy. One that runs counter to the post-enlightenment Western settlement of individual freedom of religious belief and the equality of women.

Take a look at those parts of the world where Islam holds sway and observe the cruelty, oppression and absence of basic freedoms.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...ed-un-refugee-deactivates-her-twitter-account

The teenager from Saudi Arabia who fled to Thailand after she was threatened for renouncing Islam has reportedly deactivated the Twitter account she used to publicize her case after she received death threats.

Rahaf Qunun, 18, was declared a refugee by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) on Wednesday after broadcasting to the world threats against her in her home country.
=======================================================
These Saudis are only a handful of generations removed from nomads living in tents in the desert. But they certainly take their religion seriously, especially when it come to keeping their women in line.

I read somewhere today that she has been granted asylum in Canada. I doubt that thought never entered Trump's brain, as concerned as he is with the invasion on our southern front.

[No matter what opinions we speak they amount to nothing but the increase of enmity. The Quran states: We show no distinction between prophets, yet Iran's prophet is not accepted, therefore we have enmity between prophets. Abraham is considered the father of Islam yet he put no veil over his first wife and half sister, because she was desirable to look upon. It is a burden to apply laws of men in spiritual laws. The woman becomes like a slave of Egypt, but it also causes strife and a burden to live with. Each faiths have defaults, like would I feel good about showing a south park episode to a Muslim family? NO

Back
Top Bottom