• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi prosecutors seek death penalty for Khashoggi suspects

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
[FONT=&quot]Saudi prosecutors will seek the death penalty for at least five people over the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, the kingdom’s state media reported on Thursday as 11 suspects attended their first court hearing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The state-run Saudi Press Agency and state television gave few details about the hearing and did not name the suspects. However, a statement from prosecutors said the suspects attended the hearing with their lawyers.[/FONT]

It's about time, but is this sacrificing some pawns to stop people from thinking that the Crown Prince should be the one checkmated?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/03/jamal-khashoggi-suspects-appear-before-saudi-court

Meh, Kashoggi was an islamist anyway, who constantly worked against the US. I can hardly cry over KSA killing one of their own.

Meh, Kashoggi was an islamist anyway, who constantly worked against the US. I can hardly cry over KSA killing one of their own.

He was a US resident working for the Washington Post.

I bet that will improve the moral of the Saudi forces.... er, not. Do your job as ordered and get killed for it...

Or they will be "killed" without the usual stopping breathing bit.. 'cos the western media will never check if they appear ever again... oops...

It's about time, but is this sacrificing some pawns to stop people from thinking that the Crown Prince should be the one checkmated?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/03/jamal-khashoggi-suspects-appear-before-saudi-court
I would be real interested to know what the Saudis think of this, because it looks like lack of loyalty from the master, killing servants who do your dirty work for doing your dirty work really is not an option. The underlings tend to decide that you are scum.

I would be real interested to know what the Saudis think of this, because it looks like lack of loyalty from the master, killing servants who do your dirty work for doing your dirty work really is not an option. The underlings tend to decide that you are scum.

Hmmm...........do you see any parallel where “loyalty” flows only from the bottom up?

View attachment 67247205

I wonder if all these people will actually be willing to die for the crown prince.

I wonder if all these people will actually be willing to die for the crown prince.

Maybe they know of some skeletons they want to mention, as a form of revenge.

My expectation is that they will all be found guilty, sentenced to execution by beheading a few years later, and pardonned very quietly after it has drifted out of MSM attention span.
/

Good points, Dave. But is the Prince actually dumb enough to think that the world will forget this after a few years when he quietly pardons them?

Good points, Dave. But is the Prince actually dumb enough to think that the world will forget this after a few years when he quietly pardons them?

Yep! He'll do the pardons during a significant WorldWide Media event that is all consuming of the MSM and on a Friday and after the 2020 USA elections..
/

I’m not sure there is “choice” here!

Prisoners on death row are not there because they were willing to die. Their free will may have led them to commit their past crime(s) but they have no say in their fate once convicted, sentenced to death and jailed.

Awww, are the nazi southerners out to get you? awww.

spare me the godwin, please.

Killing opposing press is patently fascist. Look it up.

If you post fascist crap, don't get all pissy-victim when others call it out. What's worse than fascism? Crybaby fascism. No one can stand that.

Prisoners on death row are not there because they were willing to die. Their free will may have led them to commit their past crime(s) but they have no say in their fate once convicted, sentenced to death and jailed.

Gonna play hell on the HR Dept. during job fairs...........just sayin’...

I’m not sure there is “choice” here!

At this point no. The fact that of the many (15?) involved that only a few (5?) are being held to account may be to send the message that if you are sent to do a (hit?) job by MBS than you best do that job well (as in leaving no trail back to MBS).

At this point no. The fact that of the many (15?) involved that only a few (5?) are being held to account may be to send the message that if you are sent to do a (hit?) job by MBS than you best do that job well (as in leaving no trail back to MBS).

Two private jets and members of the CPs’ security team and the “forensic expert” (specializing in “mobile autopsies”) might be a tell?

........and near real time phone/text confirmation...............KSA does Keystone Cops?

Gonna play hell on the HR Dept. during job fairs...........just sayin’...

Job fair tip - do not take a job as a hit man since you know, absolutely and without any doubt, that your boss is willing to have folks killed.

I guess the Constitution means nothing to you unless it backs-up your pre-conceived notions. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom