• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi Foreign Minister politely calls BS on Iranian Minister

Beaudreaux

Preserve Protect Defend
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This has to be the most polite way I have ever seen anyone call BS on another person, even in a political international relations meeting.

Basically, the video starts with the Iranian Minister talking and telling everyone how peaceful, loving, and friendly Iran is to all its neighbors and the world and how he can't understand why they get such a bad rap, and when he finally stops talking, the Saudi Foreign Minister (used to be the Saudi Ambassador to the US) says, and I'm paraphrasing - "Oh really? Well, what about ..." and then he goes through this long and detailed list of Iran's transgressions in the region.

It was a thing of beauty:

while i might quibble with his rejoinder, he was quite smooth and VERY prepared for his rebuttal

My English captions said," the idea that Iran has ties to Al-Qaeda is completely a George. " Are my captions making Freudian slips now?

Back
Top Bottom