• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Saudi Arabia joins WTO

128shot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

"The accession will further integrate Saudi Arabia's economy into the world economy. It will also deepen the universality of the multilateral trading system."

"One more heavyweight around the table is good news," agreed WTO chief Pascal Lamy.

"It's been a long process, and I firmly believe that it's good for Saudi Arabia, it's good for the trading partners of Saudi Arabia, and it's good for the organisation."

Since many middle eastern countrys adopt whatever the Saudi's do, I see a bit of a domino affect here.

Oh my, UBL is going to love this, look out S.A, you have just opened yourselves up to a terrorist attack with that move. Personally, I think it's high time this happened. I think the more that S.A is brought out in to the light, the more we can help them to become a democracy, and bring some rationality to that country.

Deegan said:
Oh my, UBL is going to love this, look out S.A, you have just opened yourselves up to a terrorist attack with that move. Personally, I think it's high time this happened. I think the more that S.A is brought out in to the light, the more we can help them to become a democracy, and bring some rationality to that country.
Well, now that S.A. has joined, why don't they build a pair of skyscrapers, or towers, for world trade? That way, the terrorists won't have to travel so far to do their holy duty.
I think the WTO (and the UN) should be sponsored by different countries every 5 years or so. And it is France's turn starting next year.:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom