• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi Arabia executes 81 men in 24 hours

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Saudi Arabia has executed 81 men over the past 24 hours, including seven Yemenis and one Syrian national, on charges including terrorism and holding “deviant beliefs“, state news agency SPA said on Saturday.

The number dwarfed the 67 executions reported in the kingdom in all of 2021 and the 27 in 2020.

“These individuals … were convicted of various crimes including murdering innocent men, women and children,” SPA said, citing a statement from the interior ministry.
=============================
Sounds like a laugh a minute in SA.

In my Fantasy World, I’d have the power to put Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on my short list (#2, right behind #1 Putin) and a Staff capable of fulfilling the mandate.

In my Fantasy World, I’d have the power to put Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on my short list (#2, right behind #1 Putin) and a Staff capable of fulfilling the mandate.

You sort of sound like you might like living in SA?

Saudi Arabia has executed 81 men over the past 24 hours, including seven Yemenis and one Syrian national, on charges including terrorism and holding “deviant beliefs“, state news agency SPA said on Saturday.

The number dwarfed the 67 executions reported in the kingdom in all of 2021 and the 27 in 2020.

“These individuals … were convicted of various crimes including murdering innocent men, women and children,” SPA said, citing a statement from the interior ministry.

I'll bet some of our fabulous conservative religious fundies will be along shortly to profess their admiration for such a society? Executions seem to make their trousers tight for some reason.

Heh heh heh, a religious fundie is as a religious fundie does....
This reminds me tho of an episode of American Dad where Stan went to live in Saudi Arabia, and then he liked their ways so much he decided to stay BWAHAHAHA. Highly recommend you watch that one if you havent.

You sort of sound like you might like living in SA?
Spending time in Saudi Arabia ranks very low on my Priority List. I love the UNDERDOG!

I visualized an execution squad using a bone saw on a living human. Imagine it happening to you! My heart goes out to the family, friends and loved ones of deceased journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Their government does seem to like killing people.

Pompeo to MBS: Yo Prince, can I borrow your Bone Saw Squad?

MBS, eyes twinkling and with a sly smile, answers: Mike, for a favor like that, we need an understanding.

Attachments

• 8542AAD8-EA55-4AC9-AF6F-133B91DB56B6.jpeg
    8542AAD8-EA55-4AC9-AF6F-133B91DB56B6.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1
Spending time in Saudi Arabia ranks very low on my Priority List. I love the UNDERDOG!

I visualized an execution squad using a bone saw on a living human. Imagine it happening to you! My heart goes out to the family, friends and loved ones of deceased journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

Meh.
The US government tortures people.
Does your heart go out to all of those families too?

Meh.
The US government tortures people.
Does your heart go out to all of those families too?
You paint with a wide brush. Can you provide specifics?

Timeframe? Who authorized the torture? Who performed the torture? What kind of torture occurred? Can you provide the names of the people tortured?

Given more context, my heart would likely go out to some of the people tortured and their families.

Do you remember gruesome photographs from the Boxer Rebellion?

1647148181536.jpeg

You paint with a wide brush. Can you provide specifics?

Timeframe? Who authorized the torture? Who performed the torture? What kind of torture occurred? Can you provide the names of the people tortured?

Given more context, my heart would likely go out to some of the people tortured and their families.

This should get you started...
The Aftermath of 9/11: The U.S. Torture Program in the “War on Terror”
Confronting the Legacy of U.S. Torture
U.S. TORTURE: COMPLICITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY
What the C.I.A.’s Torture Program Looked Like to the Tortured

Great allies, those Saudi rulers. < cringe >
Saudi Arabia is currently at war with Iran (proxy war in Yemen). These executions are part of all of that.

In case you are not aware, Iran is our enemy and the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world. And while the Saudis are not exactly boy scouts, we had been on pretty good terms with them until Biden squandered all of that and ended our support for the Saudis as they battled Iranian backed terrorists, and also with Biden's libtard war on carbon energy---which doesn't help our currrent energy crisis, or make the Saudis found of Biden. And also by again reviving the Iran nuclear deal talks-- which BOTH Saudi Arabia and Israel are very worried about, as both would be primary targets of any Iran nuclear strikes.

The Saudis are not specifically our allies, but we so share some common interests with them in the region..... well, did share with them until idiot Biden got elected.

In case you are not aware, Iran is our enemy

Disagree. Iran is not my enemy. They've never done a thing to me or my family.
and the largest sponsor of terrorism in the world.

Nah. The USA is the World Champ in that department, with its li'l dependent Israel.

And while the Saudis are not exactly boy scouts, we had been on pretty good terms with them

The US hanging around with terrorists....birds of a feather. The folks that did 911 no less.

Nah. The USA is the World Champ in that department, with its li'l dependent Israel.

The US hanging around with terrorists....birds of a feather. The folks that did 911 no less.
I can’t argue against any of your points with meaningful conviction.

1. An Anglo-Soviet invasion of Iran in 1941 quickly led to the installation of a puppet government led by Shah Pahlavi. Damn democracy and self-determination! Oil Baby Oil! By 1978, popular political unrest led to an Iranian revolution. On January 17, 1979, Shah Pahlavi fled Iran for exile.

2. Reagan’s team cut a secret deal to release the U.S. Hostages.

3. Iraq attacked Iran. United States backed Iraq. United States aided Saddam’s rise to power.

4. The United States continues to maintain over 800 military bases on foreign soil.

5. 15 out of 19 of the hijackers involved in the 9/11/2001 attack trace their birth to Saudi Arabia. Immediately after the attack, United States makes an exception for Saudi Royalty to the No Fly Rule.

6. GW Bush persuades Congress to go along with an attack on Iraq citing a bogus claim that Iraq harbors Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Oil Baby Oil!

Like it or not, they are our enemy because our policies over the last 70 years starting with the start of the cold war ended up making them our enemies. Persian people are very smart and capable, but when we treat other nations like they are our pawns, then how are we different than Putin?

You see this is where you loose me, by a claim that Israelis are the worse than dictatorships and brutal monarchies.

Next time you end up lost and on the wrong street in Tel Aviv as compared to Cairo, Beruit, or Tehran, then tell me again how as an American I ought to believe the Jews are more of threat to me than any of those other two bit middle east hellholes where people eat with the same hands they wipe their asses with?

I don't like the Saudis one bit. And if we were truley energy/oil independent here in North America as we could easily be if the left was not against carbon energy, then we would never have to deal with Saudis, Iranians, Russians or any other shit energy producing nations.

1647310320276.png

Back
Top Bottom