• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Satanists Perform ‘Gay Ritual’ at Westboro Gravesite

TacticalEvilDan

Shankmasta Killa
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Satanists Perform ‘Gay Ritual’ at Westboro Gravesite - ABC News

A group of satanists say they’ve given the controversial Westboro Baptist Church a taste of its own medicine, performing a same-sex ritual at the grave of the mother of the church’s founder.

Members of the Satanist Temple performed on Sunday what its spokesman describes as a “pink mass” an admittedly made-up ritual, celebrating gay love, at the grave in Meridian, Miss.

Spokesman Lucien Greaves doffed a headdress made of horns as two male couples, and a female couple recited scripture, lit candles and made out over the grave.

Members then posthumously declared Catherine Johnston, the mother of Westboro’s founder Fred Phelps, a lesbian.

Just as valid and just as ludicrus as Westboro's position on homosexuality. I hope they follow up by showing up to Westboro protests to remind them that their matriarch is gay.

While I do object to desecrating graves or disturbing bodies for the hell of it, it doesn't look to me like either took place here.

One thing, though: Are we sure these guys are Satanists? They strike me as Discordians flying someone else's flag for the lulz.

It's one of those things that you know you're supposed to think was too far, but inside you chuckle a bit to see the turnabout.

Just as valid and just as ludicrus as Westboro's position on homosexuality. I hope they follow up by showing up to Westboro protests to remind them that their matriarch is gay. While I do object to desecrating graves or disturbing bodies for the hell of it, it doesn't look to me like either took place here. One thing, though: Are we sure these guys are Satanists? They strike me as Discordians flying someone else's flag for the lulz.

When you said gay ritual my first thought was, "so people still play with kush balls?" :doh

It's one of those things that you know you're supposed to think was too far, but inside you chuckle a bit to see the turnabout.

Pretty much.

Yeah, what kind of a ritual is a "Gay Ritual"???

If they defaced the grave or disturbed the body, I would've objected to that. They didn't, so I find it entertaining instead.

Childish at best.

WBBC = "America's Taliban"

Yeah, what kind of a ritual is a "Gay Ritual"???

Depends, if it's a gay guy, it basically involves sipping pink martinis while listening to Madonna, and or Cher.

If your a lesbian it involves shotgunning a beer while watching your favorite sports team at a strip club.

:lol:

so bigots may begin to cry gays are satanist:lol:

Just as valid and just as ludicrus as Westboro's position on homosexuality. I hope they follow up by showing up to Westboro protests to remind them that their matriarch is gay.

While I do object to desecrating graves or disturbing bodies for the hell of it, it doesn't look to me like either took place here.

One thing, though: Are we sure these guys are Satanists? They strike me as Discordians flying someone else's flag for the lulz.

I didn't take the quote to mean that the "matriarch" was actually gay, but that they "declared" her to be a lesbian. I don't like the Westboro church but I also can't really think this was cool either.

I didn't take the quote to mean that the "matriarch" was actually gay, but that they "declared" her to be a lesbian.

It's their "belief," which carries as much weight as the gay-hating tripe Westboro puts out. From the perspective of faith it's as much a fact as anything in the Bible. Seems to me when you're speaking to people of faith about your own faith, you can describe it as fact, right?

Idk... but doesn't this kind of behavior make them just as bad as WBC? It's immature and disgusting.

It's their "belief," which carries as much weight as the gay-hating tripe Westboro puts out. From the perspective of faith it's as much a fact as anything in the Bible. Seems to me when you're speaking to people of faith about your own faith, you can describe it as fact, right?

What? Talk about a reach to justify it. You're saying you believe their declaration because you are of the same faith? What other declarations made by other people do you believe.

I get that you like the tit for tat part of the story, I just think you don't get to express any moral outrage the next time WBC makes the news. I just find disrespecting grave sites distateful.

Idk... but doesn't this kind of behavior make them just as bad as WBC? It's immature and disgusting.

That's kind of my feeling. How can you be outraged about actions you support?

Depends, if it's a gay guy, it basically involves sipping pink martinis while listening to Madonna, and or Cher.

If your a lesbian it involves shotgunning a beer while watching your favorite sports team at a strip club.

:lol:

Or if it was gay men, they redecorated the place (and probably very well at that)

If it was lesbians, they probably just walked their dogs.

What? Talk about a reach to justify it. You're saying you believe their declaration because you are of the same faith? What other declarations made by other people do you believe.

That's not what I said at all.

I get that you like the tit for tat part of the story, I just think you don't get to express any moral outrage the next time WBC makes the news. I just find disrespecting grave sites distateful.

They aren't trying to disrupt a funeral, so yeah I do. :D

The Westboro freaks have reaped what they sowed, just as Jesus said.

Same sort of scumbags that belong to WBC. Ain't a nickel's worth of difference between them.

The Westboro freaks have reaped what they sowed, just as Jesus said.

Falsely attributing a quote from the Bible to Jesus Christ in support of gay datanists performing sodomy on a grave.

What's the word I'm looking for, here?

naw. really. Look at what Westboro does. This was entertaining and silly; perhaps immature, but not disgusting. It's a nice piece of street theater in my opinion.

If mormons can declare dead people to be mormons, why CAN'T they declare dead people lesbians?

Back
Top Bottom