• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Satanists Perform ‘Gay Ritual’ at Westboro Gravesite

You claimed it was "just as bad". Suggesting that their action was "just as bad" as WBC's action. You didn't claim their INTENT was just as bad (which again, I disagree, as their intent was to enflame and embarass WBC as opposed to grieving family members), you didn't claim their hate was "just as bad"...you just cast out a giant blanket that this singular instance makes them "just as bad", in a blanket sort of way, as WBC. You took a SINGULAR action of a group and used that to compared them as "just the same" as something with years of history of doing vile things that far exceed what that group did.

Have you ever lied with the intent to decieve Digsbe at any time in your life? If so, clearly you must be "just as bad" as Bernie Maydoff, because your deciet is "like minded"....because scope, context, quantity, and such things apparently don't exist in your world of morality.

Of course I've lied with the intent to harm others in order that I may gain. To the same scale or even being illegal like Bernie? No, but my intent was selfish just as his was.

They are a group of hate filled satanists wanting to piss off WBC by doing homosexual rituals on a grave and declaring the deceased a lesbian. They hate WBC, it may not be as severely of an offensive act like protesting a funeral, but it's still hate. Their intent was to offend and piss off WBC just as the intent of WBC is to offend and piss off others. The actions weren't as severe, but the hatred behind it most likely just as bad. They are both wrong and both have their actions stemming from a hatred of another group. Neither is justified.

Review my original post. I said their behavior was immature and disgusting. Never did I say that they were the same, never did I say that when it comes to their actions that the satanists have done stuff to the same level as WBC. I posed the question that this behavior may make them "just as bad" by further clarifying that "just as bad" largely has to do with the hateful intent behind the actions. As it appears these people did what they did out of hate just as WBC does.

Last edited:
I think they're equally dumb. And sad.

Of course I've lied with the intent to harm others in order that I may gain. To the same scale or even being illegal like Bernie? No, but my intent was selfish just as his was.

So since you're now using the Glenn Beck excuse of just "asking questions, perhaps you'd find it more agreeable if I "asked" then that "Doesn't this make you just as bad as Bernie Maddoff? It's deceitful and selfish."

I did "review your original post". What I just posited to you here is pretty much a recreation of it simply swapping out WBC/Satanists for Maddoff/yourself and the "immature" actions for deceitful ones.

Is it any less fair to suggest you're "just as bad" as Bernie Maddoff as it is to suggest this group is "just as bad" as WBC?

I find this hilarious. I also find the people trying to draw false equivalency equally hilarious. The whole thing was an excellent bit of satire.

You had quoted Galatians.

Again what's the word I'm looking for? Anybody?

Psssst: Paul was paraphrasing Jesus, as he often does. Reaping and sowing metaphors occur throughout the bible. Jesus was probably referring to Job 4:8 or Hosea 10:12. You just get an NIV bible.

I love explaining the bible to fundies!

I don't really like the idea of intentionally drawing attention to the WBC which in my opinion is all they really want anyway. But it was kind of funny, and it sounds like they didn't actually desecrate the grave or anything so I'm cool with it.

How is westboro handling this?

Have they responded

Angry homosexuals masking their hate with good clean fun. THAT is where the true comedy lies.

Psssst: Paul was paraphrasing Jesus, as he often does. Reaping and sowing metaphors occur throughout the bible. Jesus was probably referring to Job 4:8 or Hosea 10:12. You just get an NIV bible.

I love explaining the bible to fundies!

A religionist whom is an expert on the Bible.

Seriously! What!s the word, someone?

I think they're equally dumb. And sad.

Agreed. But the vision of all the Westboro folks going gay gives me a smile. It would be a major improvement for them.

I can't stand the WBC, but this was really quite childish and dumb IMO. Leave the dead people out of your fights!

They did it as an act of hatred against WBC. The hatred is like-minded.

Even assuming you actually know what was going through the minds of the Satanists (hate, glee, whatever), which of course you do not, intent only matters when you're trying to measure responsibility for a wrong done. In other words, it only matters when you're trying to determine whether or not someone intended to do what they did. Outside of that context, what a person actually does is what matters.

The Satanists didn't deface anything and didn't disturb anyone. As such, what they did doesn't come anywhere near being the same as what the WBC does, and any attempt to equate their behaviors is a half-assed stretch at best.

Even assuming you actually know what was going through the minds of the Satanists (hate, glee, whatever), which of course you do not, intent only matters when you're trying to measure responsibility for a wrong done. In other words, it only matters when you're trying to determine whether or not someone intended to do what they did. Outside of that context, what a person actually does is what matters.

The Satanists didn't deface anything and didn't disturb anyone. As such, what they did doesn't come anywhere near being the same as what the WBC does, and any attempt to equate their behaviors is a half-assed stretch at best.

That's the thing about gays..always clutching at straws..

Most people just want to do their thing and be left in peace. There are a small margin of attention whores in every segment of the population, not just among homosexuals.

Police Say They Plan To Arrest Satanic Temple Members Who Protested Westboro Baptist Church

Police Say They Plan To Arrest Satanic Temple Members Who Protested Westboro Baptist Church

Police are preparing to arrest members of a Satanic organization who held a protest ritual earlier this month at a Meridian, Miss., graveyard.

The controversial ritual, called a "pink mass," was carried out by New York-based organization The Satanic Temple and involved gay couples kissing over the grave of Catherine Johnston, the mother of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps. The ritual, held at Magnolia Cemetery in Meridian, Miss., was intended to "turn" Johnston gay for all eternity.

But now cemetery owner Bill Arlinghaus is looking to press charges, and Meridian police say they are currently putting together affidavits and warrants in preparation for an imminent arrest of those who performed the ritual, local ABC affiliate WTOK-TV reports.

I'm confused. How come nobody can use the law to make WBC leave during funerals, but these guys are going to be charged after the fact?

Back
Top Bottom