• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sasse would rather ‘watch some dumpster fires’ than attend Trump nomination

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Mr. Ben Sasse is no establishment politician. He is willing to vote outside of his own party in order to achieve, what exactly? I'd say this is proof of the failure of the two party system, but it's more than likely that either the Democratic or Republican nominee will achieve more than 40% of the vote. I say this because, the last time an independent won any states in the general election was 1968. Ben Sasse's ambition might be admirable, however I am not sure watching dumpster fires is a political statement of any importance other than frustration with one's own party. The Republican party is experiencing a schism and Sasse isn't on the establishment's side. Unlike Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders, who have been historically, technically 'unaffiliated' with the two party system, Sasse is a Republican who is leading the party in a different direction from within.

"I’m as frustrated and saddened as you are about what’s happening to our country. But I cannot support Donald Trump," Mr. Sasse told supporters via his Facebook page on Feb. 28. "Please understand: I’m not an establishment Republican, and I will never support Hillary Clinton. I’m a movement conservative who was elected over the objections of the GOP establishment. My current answer for who I would support in a hypothetical matchup between Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton is: Neither of them. I sincerely hope we select one of the other GOP candidates, but if Donald Trump ends up as the GOP nominee, conservatives will need to find a third option."

Ben Sasse would rather 'watch some dumpster fires' than attend Donald Trump nomination: Spokesman - Washington Times

So he's trying to paint Trump as an establishment candidate?

Mr. Ben Sasse is no establishment politician. He is willing to vote outside of his own party in order to achieve, what exactly? I'd say this is proof of the failure of the two party system, but it's more than likely that either the Democratic or Republican nominee will achieve more than 40% of the vote. I say this because, the last time an independent won any states in the general election was 1968. Ben Sasse's ambition might be admirable, however I am not sure watching dumpster fires is a political statement of any importance other than frustration with one's own party. The Republican party is experiencing a schism and Sasse isn't on the establishment's side. Unlike Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders, who have been historically, technically 'unaffiliated' with the two party system, Sasse is a Republican who is leading the party in a different direction from within.

Spokesman - Washington Times

With the GOP the perfect is the enemy of the good.

That's one of the reasons why Clinton will win in November.

Ben Sasse would rather 'watch some dumpster fires' than attend Donald Trump nomination: Spokesman - Washington Times

I'd rather watch Ishtar 300 times in a row than watch Trump accept the nomination.

So he's trying to paint Trump as an establishment candidate?
I don't think he's really trying to paint Trump as an establishment candidate. He might think he could overtake Trump in the long run, but I think he's actually putting his money on Hillary winning the race.

"Sasse would rather ‘watch some dumpster fires’ than attend Trump nomination"

So would I.

With the GOP the perfect is the enemy of the good.

That's one of the reasons why Clinton will win in November.

Surely you're not suggesting the Democrat Trump is the "good"?

"WCH: So he's trying to paint Trump as an establishment candidate?"
No, I don't think so but he's not trying to paint the narcissistic con man as someone who cares about our country. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are two of a kind with the only difference being one has balls. That would be Hillary.

Surely you're not suggesting the Democrat Trump is the "good"?

"WCH: So he's trying to paint Trump as an establishment candidate?"
No, I don't think so but he's not trying to paint the narcissistic con man as someone who cares about our country. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are two of a kind with the only difference being one has balls. That would be Hillary.

Hillary doesn't have balls, she is just out to emasculate anyone who has a pair. Don't let her.

Back
Top Bottom