• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Sanders: God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president'

It's not a limit on his power... It is simply applying logic... It's similar to how one is not able to steal their own belongings... God can't wrongfully take away life because he is the one who gave things life in the first place. He is the author of life.

You are not using logic. You are taking the intellectual shortcut of defining god as you want god to be.

The god you believe in has ultimate power. It doesn't need the right to do anything. It answers to no one.

Which gives Him the right...

No, it has the ultimate power. Ultimate power does not give any rights. Rights only apply to equals.

Since no one is equal to Jehovah, yes, that gives Him the right...

You are describing a god that creates human suffering on purpose.

No, I'm not... humans brought suffering upon themselves...

Plus, that suffering is ultimately a good thing, because it allows us to better appreciate what love, honesty, caring, happiness, health, and other positive things are (since we have now learned what hate, lying, indifference, sadness, sickness, etc. are)

Humans created the AIDS virus HIV ?
Humans created smallpox
Leprosy
Bubonic Plague
Spanish Flu
Malaria
River blindness?

If you believe in god, why possessed him to create the malaria virus ?
Or HIV ?

Plus, that suffering is ultimately a good thing, because it allows us to better appreciate what love, honesty, caring, happiness, health, and other positive things are (since we have now learned what hate, lying, indifference, sadness, sickness, etc. are)

So humans created earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes...? Quite a feat for mere mortals.

Suffering is not what makes us appreciate anything and is not necessary for it. I appreciate things I enjoy because I enjoy them. not because of any suffering I may experience.

Oh boy, that ice cream tastes so good because that abscess hurt like hell.

Humans created smallpox
Leprosy
Bubonic Plague
Spanish Flu
Malaria
River blindness?

Or HIV ?

He meant to do that. It must be ok.

The Christian God is incapable of murder. All life is his to give and his to take away.

If you take your tennis racket from your house to a public court to play tennis with a buddy, did you steal that tennis racket? -- Of course not, it was YOUR tennis racket... You are incapable of stealing YOUR OWN tennis racket... That's the concept behind God and life. Life belongs to God, therefore he is incapable of what you and I refer to as murder.

Posts like this are exactly why the non-religious are fighting hard for as much separation of church and state as possible.

If anyone wanted to make Trump president it would be something evil like Seth/Satan/Lucifer (if anyone of those were to exist, but they don't so they pretty well cannot have made him president. And gods also don't exist so I am pretty sure nobody made him president (well maybe Putin ;) ) but nothing divine or demonic.

Thinking "god" is involved in US politics is the ultimate in US arrogance, and ignorance.

He meant to do that. It must be ok.

Or maybe he was just testing us out of love.

All those African children who went blind because of the River Blindness parasitical worms.

Hmm...I wonder why god created those creatures ?

Or maybe he was just testing us out of love.

All those African children who went blind because of the River Blindness parasitical worms.

Hmm...I wonder why god created those creatures ?

Probably for the same reason He created the parasites known as humans...every living thing feeds off of another living thing...well, except for us, unless you include vampires...:2razz:

Probably for the same reason He created the parasites known as humans...every living thing feeds off of another living thing...well, except for us, unless you include vampires...:2razz:

ya you don't build a world like that if you love the things in it

and before you start if you build a world that's designed to turn into that you still built it that way

Posts like this are exactly why the non-religious are fighting hard for as much separation of church and state as possible.

Okay, well, what's so objectionable about my comment? Was there faulty logic in my assertion that God is incapable of murder?

So you want separation of church and state, huh? Then tell that to proponents of the Big Bang Theory... tell that to proponents of the Theory of Abiogenesis... tell that to the members of the Church of Global Warming... tell that to proponents of Atheism...

Or are all of those religions to be tolerated, but not mine?

So humans created earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes...? Quite a feat for mere mortals.
No, but those things resulted from their sin.

Suffering is not what makes us appreciate anything and is not necessary for it.
Actually, it is. How can one know (and fully appreciate) what good is if they have no clue what evil is?

I appreciate things I enjoy because I enjoy them. not because of any suffering I may experience.
Circular Argument.

Oh boy, that ice cream tastes so good because that abscess hurt like hell.
Non-sequitur...

Humans created smallpox
Leprosy
Bubonic Plague
Spanish Flu
Malaria
River blindness?

Or HIV ?

Yes, humans brought those things upon themselves through sin.

So you want separation of church and state, huh? Then tell that to proponents of the Big Bang Theory... tell that to proponents of the Theory of Abiogenesis... tell that to the members of the Church of Global Warming... tell that to proponents of Atheism...

Or are all of those religions to be tolerated, but not mine?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom