• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Sanders: God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president'

Top Cat

He's the most tip top
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN) — White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said she believes God wanted President Donald Trump to win the 2016 election, the Christian Broadcasting Network reported on Wednesday.

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president, and that's why he's there," Sanders told CBN's David Brody and Jennifer Wishon, according to a transcript of the interview provided by CBN.

"I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about," Sanders added.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/30/politics/sarah-sanders-god-trump/index.html?r=https://www.cnn.com/

What a ****ing imbecile!

Because she believes that God wanted Trump to become President? Is it any more of a stupid reason than wanting to vote for/against Ms. Harris just because she's a woman? Or actually voting for/against Obama just because he was black?

It's her opinion. She's more than welcome to it. Don't see the need for a thread or even a news article on it though.

Because she believes that God wanted Trump to become President? Is it any more of a stupid reason than wanting to vote for/against Ms. Harris just because she's a woman? Or actually voting for/against Obama just because he was black?

It's her opinion. She's more than welcome to it. Don't see the need for a thread or even a news article on it though.

Of course God wanted an amoral serial lying ***** grabbing adulterer to be president.

Well, if you want to go with the "if it happened it then God ordained it" argument, then God wanted Democrats to take back the House and stand up to Trump's policies.

Seems a bit schizophrenic if you ask me, but this is God, so what do I know?

Yes, loads more stupid. She does not know what God (if he exists) is thinking. Being black and a woman are tangible things. A more comparable comparison would be that she believes Casper wanted Trump to be President.

What a fascinating window into your mind.

Yes, loads more stupid. She does not know what God (if he exists) is thinking. Being black and a woman are tangible things. A more comparable comparison would be that she believes Casper wanted Trump to be President.

You're welcome to your opinion. But thanks for answering what Top Cat could not. Personally I find all the instances mentioned to be equally "imbecilic" as the OP liked to state.

Thanks. Hope you enjoy the view! :D If not...oh well. :shrug:

It was an interesting view indeed. White sheets everywhere, though I'd argue they need to be washed.

Yes, it is more stupid.

"than wanting to vote for/against Ms. Harris just because she's a woman? Or actually voting for/against Obama just because he was black?"

There are people who look at the political landscape and make a choice based on who they think can make an improvement.

They are not voting because of skin color or gender.

Just because some people won't vote for people because of these ludicrous reasons, does not mean that those who do vote for them are considering those things.

That was not the comment of a thinking person.

Anyone who states 'what God wants', is being stupid because they are stating things they have no way of knowing. No one can say with any certainty whether there is a God, let alone what a God would want.

If such a God exists it would be ludicrous to think that countries, or borders, or politics mean anything to it.

I would think, the only concern would be what individuals do and not what country they live in.

The religious, be they Christian or Muslim or Hindu or whatever, seem to think that whatever their thoughts and opinions are - God must surely must agree.

So in short. What Sarah said was more stupid.

There, did I address what you said?

Last edited:
Well, if you want to go with the "if it happened it then God ordained it" argument, then God wanted Democrats to take back the House and stand up to Trump's policies.

Seems a bit schizophrenic if you ask me, but this is God, so what do I know?

And God wanted two terms of Obama. Don't forget that.

Last edited:

much more so

being black or being women are real qualitative attributes

a very poor analogy

Sarah Sanders keeps trying to to fool herself, trying to rationalize her decision to accept the job of paid shill for one of the most dishonest people on the planet.

Well at least Putin will be flattered to find out that Sarah thinks he's a God.

Well said.

So I presume God also wanted the Dems to win the midterms, the wall to collapse before it was even started and the whole world to laugh at America and especially the GOP? Did God want stone arrested and Cohen convicted; did he want the Access Hollywood tape to come out and Trump's corruption, bribery, stupidity and obstruction laid bare?

Or is that side of it the Devil's work Ms Sanders?

I've seen a knew side to her. Thought she was a venal sycophant but turns out she's just dumb. If she believes her invisible Mesopotamian sky genie anointed Trump that explains her blind obedience.

Lucky that God wanted Pelosi as leader to keep Trump schooled.

Of course God wanted an amoral serial lying ***** grabbing adulterer to be president.

Nothing you said here actually address what I actually stated.

That's because what you said was crap.

You see, the only way to attack him honestly is to suggest that a "God" would be inscrutable, and therefore, she cannot know whether this "God" does or does not have a position on Trump being president. Therefore, the notion of a mortal human assigning mortal judgements about morality to that God are fundamentally flawed. But you can't make that attack because if you do, you then directly undercut Sanders's claim to know that this "God" must have wanted Trump to be president.

It's not a "both sides" game this time, but a "three sides" game. Naturally, that game relies on comparing completely different things for purposes of generating an insinuation that the person attacked is either a hypocrite, or stupid for failing to consider what you have said to them.

PS: A mortal human being announcing that an all-knowing, all-present, all-powerful God really wanted one complete a-hole dude to be president is idiotic. By definition, a mortal could not possibly claim to the know the mind of such a being.

And you know what? Nobody else needs to think this through further. The idea of Sanders saying God wanted Trump to be president is hilarious, is her job, and is one of many idiotic pieces of bull**** or lies she has reveled in announcing.

Last edited:
Wait, so Sanders expressing a faith based answer on a Christian network is"sick" But, the Governor of VA explaining that he's for a delivered baby, able to be killed after birth isn't?

What the hell? Smh.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom