• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin's vocabulary knows no bounds.

I love Sarahisms. I find myself wanting to use refudiate in normal conversation, but am afraid others won't be familiar with Palin.
Cackle? When she said that I thought of cackling hens so what is Huffington posts problem? That it should have been Gaggle like a gaggle of geese etc.? Get real. A better idea would be to start calling a flock of cackling hens a Cackle. Do I think Sarah should keep them coming? You bet'cha.

I love Sarahisms. I find myself wanting to use refudiate in normal conversation, but am afraid others won't be familiar with Palin.
Cackle? When she said that I thought of cackling hens so what is Huffington posts problem? That it should have been Gaggle like a gaggle of geese etc.? Get real. A better idea would be to start calling a flock of cackling hens a Cackle. Do I think Sarah should keep them coming? You bet'cha.

i'm absolutely sure you do.

The funniest thing of all is that Sarah Palin probably didn't actually put out the tweet herself. Some aid most likely did and wasn't familiar with the expression. This is just more derangement overriding any sense of reason when it comes to Palin.

But it's ok. I have a prediction here: all this constant scrutiny under a magnifying lense is just molding, shaping, and giving the woman the experiences she needs to become a stellar national politician one day.

The funniest thing of all is that Sarah Palin probably didn't actually put out the tweet herself. Some aid most likely did and wasn't familiar with the expression. This is just more derangement overriding any sense of reason when it comes to Palin.

But it's ok. I have a prediction here: all this constant scrutiny under a magnifying lense is just molding, shaping, and giving the woman the experiences she needs to become a stellar national politician one day.

Like all those she backed that won their primaries?.....oops!

WTF are you talking about? oops!

I'm talking about all those politicians that Palin endorsed that lost in their primaries....looks like Palin has a little ways to go before she'll be that polished stellar national politician.

Although....I'm still rooting for her to get the GOP nomination in 2012.

I bet'cha you'll have Sarah Palin's Alaska tivoed along with Kate plus 8. :)
Darn tootin'!

I hope she doesn't even try. She in the perfect place right night. She is free to just be herself "unshackled" as she says.
Can you believe MSNBC tried to turn the word "shackled" into a racist comment? Can't wait to find out what the next word will be that needs banned from the English language.

I'm talking about all those politicians that Palin endorsed that lost in their primaries....looks like Palin has a little ways to go before she'll be that polished stellar national politician.

So basically, you don't know wtf you are talking about and you are just doing anything you can to smear Palin any way you can. Unless of course you can show a direct link between Palin's endorsement and their loss of the primary. Can you do this?

I hope she doesn't even try. She in the perfect place right now. She is free to just be herself "unshackled" as she says.
Can you believe MSNBC tried to turn the word "shackled" into a racist comment? Can't wait to find out what the next word will be that needs banned from the English language.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

So basically, you don't know wtf you are talking about and you are just doing anything you can to smear Palin any way you can. Unless of course you can show a direct link between Palin's endorsement and their loss of the primary. Can you do this?

Read it in the LA Times this morning....I'll look for the link......

(Don't know if it was in the LA Times or the Daily news....here is a link to a similar article in the SF Chronicle... http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/08/20/MN5M1F0GIF.DTL)

(Actually I think its the same AP article I read this morning)

Last edited:
Read it in the LA Times this morning....I'll look for the link......

(Don't know if it was in the LA Times or the Daily news....here is a link to a similar article in the SF Chronicle... Palin's touch not golden for her candidates)

(Actually I think its the same AP article I read this morning)

So can you link her endorsement as the reason for their loss in the primaries or not?

So can you link her endorsement as the reason for their loss in the primaries or not?

Maybe....maybe not...but it certainly didn't help. She is not the golden voice that many had hoped for.

Maybe....maybe not...but it certainly didn't help. She is not the golden voice that many had hoped for.
You really have no way of knowing that without polls.
For instance
Did you vote for ____because Palin endorced
Did you vote against______because Palin edorsed
It made no differece in my vote.

So then you can't show ANY causation between her endorsement and the candidate losing the primary. Just like I thought. Dismissed until you can actually bring something to the table to talk about.

So then you can't show ANY causation between her endorsement and the candidate losing the primary. Just like I thought. Dismissed until you can actually bring something to the table to talk about.

Ah C'mon Jall....I never said that her endorsement was the reason they lost....go back and re-read the thread. I was saying that she isn't the godsend that these candidates were hoping for.....nor is she the stealth candidate that is going to become the face of the GOP....although....I do root for her.....it would be sooooo much fun.

(and just between you and I.....I love bringing her up....because I know I can get a little attention from you....and who doesn't love a little attention from the Jallman?)..... ;-)

Last edited:
Ah C'mon Jall....I never said that her endorsement was the reason they lost....go back and re-read the thread. I was saying that she isn't the godsend that these candidates were hoping for.....nor is she the stealth candidate that is going to become the face of the GOP....although....I do root for her.....it would be sooooo much fun.

(and just between you and I.....I love bringing her up....because I know I can get a little attention from you....and who doesn't love a little attention from the Jallman?)..... ;-)

I don't think anyone was counting on her to be a godsend to their campaigns. However, what would help is if you could show the ration of candidates endorsed versus the candidates endorsed that lost. :shrug:

And I got all the attention in the world for you. ;)

you follow both for her? c'mon, mellie, you have to know there is much better out there.

I don't do Twitter. Facebook, yes.

Thank god Huffpost is there to proofread Palin's twitter posts.

The more people become aware of what an idiot she is, the better.

The people have the right to know if a person running for office is competent. -- That's why Katie Couric's "what do you read question" was both loaded and responsible. It was a question designed to embarrass Palin while exposing her shortcomings to the voting public.

Bill O'Reilly is much more subtle when he has to deal with Palin. He tips his audience off about what he thinks by simply asking her: "What do you make of all these people saying you're not bright?" That deer in the headlights look is priceless as the words: "all these people" ring in her empty head.

You can tell he thinks she's a dope, and he smiles just enough to let his audience know...

Here's Palin after an O'Reilly interview:

I like Palin as a person, and I think she'd make a better president that the pacifist we have now, but in my opinion she unelectable.

Tim-

I like Palin as a person, and I think she'd make a better president that the pacifist we have now, but in my opinion she unelectable.

Tim-

I think many people like Palin for the same reason they liked Bush, they have the appearance that they are normal people and not incredibly wealthy lifetime members of a country club. The difference between her and Bush, is she is the folkiness and shortcomings Bush had purified. Honestly, if I had to choose between Palin and ANY OTHER Republican I would choose ANY OTHER Republican. I really do hope that she tries for president though, she is the Paris Hilton of politics and we need to get rid of her.

I think many people like Palin for the same reason they liked Bush, they have the appearance that they are normal people and not incredibly wealthy lifetime members of a country club. The difference between her and Bush, is she is the folkiness and shortcomings Bush had purified. Honestly, if I had to choose between Palin and ANY OTHER Republican I would choose ANY OTHER Republican. I really do hope that she tries for president though, she is the Paris Hilton of politics and we need to get rid of her.

I like Palin for a lot of reasons (some included in your post.) However, I think maybe the biggest reason is, I think she truly loves Alaska and America as a whole and wants what's best for the American people.
People like Obama are more concerned with the world as a whole. There are jobs for people like that. I just don't think the US presidency should be one of them.

Back
Top Bottom