• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin's Unfavorability Numbers Hit New High, Survey Finds

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

The number of Americans viewing Sarah Palin unfavorably has hit the highest point since she burst onto the national stage over two years ago, according to a poll out Friday.

The Gallup survey conducted in the days after the Nov. 2 election found more than half of Americans -- 52 percent -- hold a negative opinion of the former Alaska governor. Only 40 percent viewed her favorably, which ties her lowest score from about a year ago.

Please dear, God, Jesus, Lord... please fill her empty head with the idea to run as an independent no matter what happens in the primaries leading up to 2012. We really need you dear God, Allah, Creator, Big Guy... Use the Force if you have to. Make is so.

Please dear, God, Jesus, Lord... please fill her empty head with the idea to run as an independent no matter what happens in the primaries leading up to 2012. We really need you dear God, Allah, Creator, Big Guy... Use the Force if you have to. Make is so.

you really appear infatuated with this woman. She won't be the nominee. You are better off worrying that Hillary might challenged wonderboy in the 2012 DNC primaries

sarah+palin.bmp

Run, Sarah, Run...

You really seem concerned that Obama can't win unless Palin is running. Where's your faith in the Chosen One?

I do think that is the only way Obama will have a 2nd term. Which is why the media including FOX news(yes even Fox wants Obama to have another term) is trying to prop her up for 2012

I kind of think she wants to run.. and she has a PAC so I guess she will unless the GOP talks her out of it. And even if the GOP tells her to not run, she might go rouge again.

Don't you want the best candidates to run for either side? Or is it just that you need to have the worst GOP candidate because Obama can't win otherwise?? Pretty lame - I would think that you would support a candidate who can stand his/her own rather than depend upon the other side not having that Messiah glow.

I kind of think she wants to run.. and she has a PAC so I guess she will unless the GOP talks her out of it. And even if the GOP tells her to not run, she might go rouge again.

I also think she wants to run. However, I really believe she has a great love for this country. I'm hoping, if we have good candidates to choose from, she'll decide what's best for the country is not to run. There are plenty of things she can do instead. She was a great help this past election.

I do think that is the only way Obama will have a 2nd term. Which is why the media including FOX news(yes even Fox wants Obama to have another term) is trying to prop her up for 2012

Sarah Palin is no John McCain. Obama is such a weak candidate, she would tear him up.

You see, he has a record of utter failure now. He can't hide, can't distance himself from himself as he did in 2008. She's not one to play the Patsy like McCain. She'd tear him a new a-hole.

Of course, the Journolists would do their best to refill the Kool-Aid cups from 2008, but the election 12-days ago revealed there are far fewer consumers of the poison they'd promoted with Gusto.

He's an easy target, not only for Palin, but for any D that wants to take him on... and I have the feeling someone will. If so, then a lot of the work would be done for Palin, as she would basically have to run that individual's ads against Obama and say... I am Sarah Palin, and I approve of this message.

From the 1:30 mark Rudy hits the nail squarely on the head.

Last edited:
Lots of GOP apologists are seriously engaged in the self comforting indulgence of whistling past the graveyard. Inside that graveyard are two tombstones - monuments if you want to blow this up a bit. One one is chiseled the name of the Republican Party itself. 1854 - 2012. On the other is Sarah Palin, the woman who drove the stake through the heart of the GOP. Some conservative posters here know that right not the GOP is riding higher than they ever thought they could be just two short years ago. Things changed amazingly fast in just 24 months. The pendulum has swung to the right and it moved hard and fast. The same thing - and even worse - could happen in that same span of time and in the direction to the left. Not that the nation will turn left as an ideology but as a practical reaction against Palin and the GOP if they embrace her.

The Republicans have a very real problem. They are a badly divided party when you get out into the grass roots where the actual voters are. This is not evident by examining GOP politicians in Washington. For at least two years the Washington pols have marched in such orchestrated and disciplined lockstep that they would make a crack military unit look sloppy. But out in the sticks where the voters are, sorry, but its one step away from chaos.

That one step is Sarah Palin. If she decides to run for the Republican nomination in 2012, despite what the whistlers here hope, she has as good of a chance as any other person on that stage today. Maybe better. GOP primaries are won by the hard right of the base. If you need proof just look at the raft of GOP winners from this years primary season. I hope the litany of names is not needed as I really hope to never again have to worry about the witch candidate or the guns next time candidate or the guy who adapted the Queen anthem into "we will stomp you". Wait a minute - that guy won. But still a right wing extremist just the same.

If Palin runs, there will be a battle for the two wings of the party, the tea people and the Wall Street establishment wing. It could very well come down to Sarah Palin versus Mitt Romney. Along the way the fight could rip the party into two and leave the losers angry, alienated and willing to sit it out if their fave is not the nominee. That is a real possibility.

But put that aside for the moment and look at either of the two most likely winners, Romney is not exactly the pin up boy for the tea people and in fact is hated by many of them. Then you complicate that with the religious factor and wonder if the born again sector of the party would embrace someone they do not consider as even a Christian. The one man who Wall Street would favor the most is probably the one man who the tea people could reject.

And if Sarah triumphs with the nomination she starts out as a woman with extremely high negatives. You cannot win an election with Independents going against you like they do against Palin. Its just not in the cards. And all the gains of the past month could go flushing down the toilet with Palin.

So you lovers of the GOP on this site, keep whistling and perhaps even whistle a bit louder. Maybe that will comfort you. But know this - in 2012 when my state has its GOP presidential primary, I will be happy to play the trickster and plant a Palin sign in my front yard and march off on primary day and cast a vote for her. Other dems I know will do this also. You will probably see a nationwide effort to do that in states where primaries are open and not closed. And even in closed primary states there is nothing from keeping a dem from putting up a Palin sign or even making a monetary donation to fuel her fires.

Is Palin the only Republican Obama could beat? I have no idea right now until we see the rest of the field. Maybe it would be better for Romney to get the nod and the tea party people get screwed royally by the GOP establishment and the party fractures for good. Maybe that scenario is even better. We will see.

But by all means keep whistling past that graveyard.

Is Palin the only Republican Obama could beat? I have no idea right now until we see the rest of the field. Maybe it would be better for Romney to get the nod and the tea party people get screwed royally by the GOP establishment and the party fractures for good. Maybe that scenario is even better. We will see.

Romney's ObamaKare bill in MA has him DOA.

Too bad.

I suspect that Mitt indeed is DOA with the tea party folks - but they do not control the party... just yet at any rate. This from Romney people themselves seems to cause us to say they do not see it that way either.

PPP Primary Polls in 6 States; Romney Leads in 4 | Mitt Romney Central

Several other polls indicate he will be a viable primary candidate.

Sarah Palin is no John McCain. Obama is such a weak candidate, she would tear him up.

You see, he has a record of utter failure now. He can't hide, can't distance himself from himself as he did in 2008. She's not one to play the Patsy like McCain. She'd tear him a new a-hole.

Palin has a record of running when things get too tough and because people say mean things about her. She flipped on Abortion by appointing a pro-abortion judge to the Alaska supreme court and she flipped on the so called bridge to nowhere. She might as well be a republican who had a gay love affair and handed that tape to the media while still trying to run as a conservative. All Obama has to do for his commercials is play videos of how he won't run away when things get too tough like a certian other candidate did as Governor.

JUst like Obama got the we need a black man in office now votes Palin might get the we need a woman in office now votes. But I do not thing it will be as much as the idiots who voted for Obama because he was a black viable candidate..

Last edited:
I wish Palin would run. I believe that she is best shot that the GOP has. Unfortunately, I believe that she won't because she is making too much of the almighty American dollar.

Wait a minute Disney --- if a former Prez wants to make money there is plenty of opportunity to do that. Palin could get elected, serve 18 months or so, resign and start cashing the checks as the offers come in. ;)

I wish Nobama had done that.

Some of us don't like working upstairs with all that tinny piano music and noise from the neighboring rooms. It does not seem to bother Palin.

Wait a minute Disney --- if a former Prez wants to make money there is plenty of opportunity to do that. Palin could get elected, serve 18 months or so, resign and start cashing the checks as the offers come in. ;)

Sure...but why turn down the millions you are making now?...and if she runs and loses...that money is going to dry up REAL quick.

Good point. There is always the element of risk in taking a chance. I guess we will find out if she truly loves America or if she is just an eager beaver for the buck.

Good point. There is always the element of risk in taking a chance. I guess we will find out if she truly loves America or if she is just an eager beaver for the buck.

My quess is the latter. If she loves the GOP she would run. She would absolutely be the nominee. Whether she would win the Presidency is the bigger question.

It is telling that the people most in favor of her running are either a)deluded tea party types, or b) progressives who think she will do for the GOP what Goldwater did in 64. The people who do not want her to run seem to be GOP stalwarts who are also convinced she will repeat the experience of Goldwater in 64.

It is telling that the people most in favor of her running are either a)deluded tea party types, or b) progressives who think she will do for the GOP what Goldwater did in 64. The people who do not want her to run seem to be GOP stalwarts who are also convinced she will repeat the experience of Goldwater in 64.

That's just a RNC talking point. The establishment of the RNC is afraid of losing their power to Palin and so they want Republicans to believe that she would be bad for the party. The reality is....Palin is the saving grace of the GOP and deserves the GOP nomination.

Lots of GOP apologists are seriously engaged in the self comforting indulgence of whistling past the graveyard. Inside that graveyard are two tombstones - monuments if you want to blow this up a bit. One one is chiseled the name of the Republican Party itself. 1854 - 2012. On the other is Sarah Palin, the woman who drove the stake through the heart of the GOP. Some conservative posters here know that right not the GOP is riding higher than they ever thought they could be just two short years ago. Things changed amazingly fast in just 24 months. The pendulum has swung to the right and it moved hard and fast. The same thing - and even worse - could happen in that same span of time and in the direction to the left. Not that the nation will turn left as an ideology but as a practical reaction against Palin and the GOP if they embrace her.

The Republicans have a very real problem. They are a badly divided party when you get out into the grass roots where the actual voters are. This is not evident by examining GOP politicians in Washington. For at least two years the Washington pols have marched in such orchestrated and disciplined lockstep that they would make a crack military unit look sloppy. But out in the sticks where the voters are, sorry, but its one step away from chaos.

That one step is Sarah Palin. If she decides to run for the Republican nomination in 2012, despite what the whistlers here hope, she has as good of a chance as any other person on that stage today. Maybe better. GOP primaries are won by the hard right of the base. If you need proof just look at the raft of GOP winners from this years primary season. I hope the litany of names is not needed as I really hope to never again have to worry about the witch candidate or the guns next time candidate or the guy who adapted the Queen anthem into "we will stomp you". Wait a minute - that guy won. But still a right wing extremist just the same.

If Palin runs, there will be a battle for the two wings of the party, the tea people and the Wall Street establishment wing. It could very well come down to Sarah Palin versus Mitt Romney. Along the way the fight could rip the party into two and leave the losers angry, alienated and willing to sit it out if their fave is not the nominee. That is a real possibility.

But put that aside for the moment and look at either of the two most likely winners, Romney is not exactly the pin up boy for the tea people and in fact is hated by many of them. Then you complicate that with the religious factor and wonder if the born again sector of the party would embrace someone they do not consider as even a Christian. The one man who Wall Street would favor the most is probably the one man who the tea people could reject.

And if Sarah triumphs with the nomination she starts out as a woman with extremely high negatives. You cannot win an election with Independents going against you like they do against Palin. Its just not in the cards. And all the gains of the past month could go flushing down the toilet with Palin.

So you lovers of the GOP on this site, keep whistling and perhaps even whistle a bit louder. Maybe that will comfort you. But know this - in 2012 when my state has its GOP presidential primary, I will be happy to play the trickster and plant a Palin sign in my front yard and march off on primary day and cast a vote for her. Other dems I know will do this also. You will probably see a nationwide effort to do that in states where primaries are open and not closed. And even in closed primary states there is nothing from keeping a dem from putting up a Palin sign or even making a monetary donation to fuel her fires.

Everything except what's best for the country.

It's a team sport now.

Back
Top Bottom