• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin's son-in-law, a Medal of Honor recipient, calls on Trump to apologize

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Dakota Meyer, who received the Medal of Honor in 2011, said Tuesday Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump should apologize to the Khan family for comments he made about the Muslim parents of a slain US soldier.

"If @realDonaldTrump wants to be the Commander in Chief, he needs to act like one. And that cant start until he apologizes to the Khans," Meyer tweeted...

Trump fans reacted about how we've come to expect them to react:

Dakota.jpg

By accusing the MoH winner of Treason.

Man, you'd never see Republican Party Toe-rs turning on the military like they've done to stick up for ol' Foot-in-the-Mouth Trump.

Hmmm.... I bet Dakota and mother-in-law have interesting conversations.

To Hell with Khan and the DNC.

No. We must honor Khan the younger for his service and sacrifice. We must take a grieving father for what he is, a manipulated and manipulating man.

Trump fans reacted about how we've come to expect them to react:

View attachment 67205149

By accusing the MoH winner of Treason.

Idle personal note; I follow Dakota Meyer on Twitter. I hadn't seen that particularly tweet, but I will go favorite it right now.

As for the Trump supporters.......they just need to shut the **** up before I lose whatever respect I had left for the American public at large.

I said a very long time ago that I wanted Trump to win the nomination because it would cause them to go down in an inglorious defeat in November and had the added bonus of potentially dividing the Republican Party like no other candidate could do.

Looks like its happening right before our very eyes.

This from Meyer is just another straw breaking the camels back.

Interesting words from the son in law of a Trumpbot. But it won't matter. Trump is the same man who called a 5 year POW in Vietnam a "loser". The same man who said "I don't like people who get captured". The same man whose supporters hang on every word he says as if he's the Pied Piper of Hamelin?

Isn't it going to be awesome when he's Commander in Chief and he gets to look at the parents of the men who are captured by our enemies in battle, and tell them "I don't care because I don't like people who get captured". Won't it be heartwarming when he calls them "Losers"?

Interesting words from the son in law of a Trumpbot. But it won't matter. Trump is the same man who called a 5 year POW in Vietnam a "loser". The same man who said "I don't like people who get captured". The same man whose supporters hang on every word he says as if he's the Pied Piper of Hamelin?

Isn't it going to be awesome when he's Commander in Chief and he gets to look at the parents of the men who are captured by our enemies in battle, and tell them "I don't care because I don't like people who get captured". Won't it be heartwarming when he calls them "Losers"?

Trump says McCain hasn't been a champion of vets affairs...something he sbould embrace. IMO, McCain isn't what he portrays himself to be....notably a Conservative.

No. We must honor Khan the younger for his service and sacrifice. We must take a grieving father for what he is, a manipulated and manipulating man.

Trump never dishonored the vet. But, you are right about Khan Sr.

Trump is so mind-bendingly limited in his mental faculties that I have little doubt that when he called McCain a loser for being a POW, he honestly had no idea that he was also insulting literally every POW in American history; or that when he mocked Serge Kovaleski for being disabled, he was also mocking every American with a disability; or that when he attacked Khan's parents' faith, he was also attacking Captain Khan's faith, as well as the faith of every Muslim in America. He's so petty, reactive and belligerent that he appears incapable of seeing that everything he says impacts a far greater radius of people that the sole focus of his attack.

If there has been a candidate more dangerous to the stability and security of this country as well as to global stability, I'd love to hear it.

Best you could do? off topic to boot.
Hey. Kinda like how your response contained no material addressing anything above it!

Gosh, you think that mirroring was deliberate?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Trump says McCain hasn't been a champion of vets affairs...something he sbould embrace. IMO, McCain isn't what he portrays himself to be....notably a Conservative.

Actually Trump says he doesn't like him because he doesn't like people who allow themselves to be caught. He's a loser, like all POWs, apparently. So says Trump.

I said a very long time ago that I wanted Trump to win the nomination because it would cause them to go down in an inglorious defeat in November and had the added bonus of potentially dividing the Republican Party like no other candidate could do.

Looks like its happening right before our very eyes.

This from Meyer is just another straw breaking the camels back.

You also said you were going to vote in the republican primary to see it happen. Did you?

You also said you were going to vote in the republican primary to see it happen. Did you?

I did say I was considering it but when it came down to it I voted in the Dem primary and voted for Sanders.

Did you listen to this girl?

We should get over the fact that Trump and his trumpkins are attacking a gold star family but we should be furious that Hillary said "I'm very sorry for Pat Smith's loss, and she has every to say anything and everything she wants, but I do disagree with her statements".

What in the ever loving **** is going on here?

That Trump Kool-Aid kills a lot of brain cells, doesn't it?

Hopefully it won't corrode that tinfoil hat.

Back
Top Bottom