• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Sarah Palin's Alaska' Breaks TLC Ratings Record

I just detest reality shows in general especially if they are totally unrelated to what the theme of the channel is supposed to be. MTV showing the Osbournes or Nick and Jessica I somewhat understand seeing how Ozzy Osbourne and Nick and Jessica are professional musicians, so those shows are somewhat music related . Road Rules,Young pregnant sluts and other shows do not have a damn thing to do with music. MTV is not a acronym for Moron Television nor is the station called DARSC(Dumb Ass Reality Show channel) . And last time I checked TLC is not a acronym for That Loser Channel nor is it called DARSC(Dumb Ass Reality Show channel). It's name TLC means the learning channel in other words it implies that it is a educational channel.

They changed their name from "The Learning Channel" to TLC specifically to allow themselves to escape from the educational programming corner they had painted themselves into. They are not "The Learning Channel" anymore, nor have they been for over a decade. TLC brings up warm fuzzy "tender loving care" imagery that is right in line with their current audience and their female oriented reality show lineup.

Last edited:
I just detest reality shows in general especially if they are totally unrelated to what the theme of the channel is supposed to be. MTV showing the Osbournes or Nick and Jessica I somewhat understand seeing how Ozzy Osbourne and Nick and Jessica are professional musicians, so those shows are somewhat music related . Road Rules,Young pregnant sluts and other shows do not have a damn thing to do with music. MTV is not a acronym for Moron Television nor is the station called DARSC(Dumb Ass Reality Show channel) . And last time I checked TLC is not a acronym for That Loser Channel nor is it called DARSC(Dumb Ass Reality Show channel). It's name TLC means the learning channel in other words it implies that it is a educational channel.

If not for that stupid first amendment, we could shoot everyone who produces a reality show. :mad:

They changed their name from "The Learning Channel" to TLC specifically to allow themselves to escape from the educational programming corner they had painted themselves into. They are not "The Learning Channel" anymore, nor have they been for over a decade. TLC brings up warm fuzzy "tender loving care" imagery that is right in line with their current audience and their female oriented reality show lineup.

Kind of like how Sci-fi changed their name to sy-fy so they can get away with showing fake wrestling, douche bags pretending they are chasing ghosts, horror movies, horror shows,fantasy movies and other stuff that doesn't have **** to do with science fiction?

I watched it.
I liked it.

I think the second episode will be the indicator of how popular the show will be.

I watched it.
I liked it.

I think the second episode will be the indicator of how popular the show will be.

I liked it too, but then I like nature shows, fishing and the Palins. If I was a liberal, I would probably honestly hate it.

I liked it too, but then I like nature shows, fishing and the Palins. If I was a liberal, I would probably honestly hate it.

I get enough Alaska with "Alaska State Troopers", "Ice Road Truckers", "Grizzly Man Diaries", and "World's Deadliest Catch". I think Lisa Kelly is the hottest lady from Wasilla.

Purrrrrrs

The only show I watch on there is What Not to Wear.. and I only watch it when NOTHING else is on. That channel sucks.. I never understand the John and Kate Plus 8 fad either. For a network called TLC, they really don't have many educational programs..

That is sooooooo TRUE! The LEARNING Channel??? :confused:
Anyhow, I do like What Not to Wear. Stacy London is HOT!!!!! :2razz:

That is sooooooo TRUE! The LEARNING Channel??? :confused:
Anyhow, I do like What Not to Wear. Stacy London is HOT!!!!! :2razz:

They aren't The Learning Channel anymore.

Episode 2

Viewers down 40% to 3 million.

Episode 3...

Cancelled? :)

Sarah Palin is a diva, a celebrity and a shallow person. I'm glad she quit politics, leaving Alaska in the lurch, to become a movie star.

Aside from the beautiful scenery the show was ridiculous. She looked completely out of her element. For all her bravado and "momma bear" image, she's not a wilderness type. She looked awkward and outright fake during much of it. This is what it is...a way for her to test her celebrity and figure out if she really has a shot at 2012. I think episode 2's rating may have given her an answer. This is a failing experiment. It's not exciting or controversial enough for "reality" television and TLC's typical demographic was turned off by it.

Whatever, it was just dumb. And transparent. And that's okay. She's now in the same league as a guy named "The Situation" and Kate "the lady who had eight kids out her vag and lost her husband." I hope she's getting paid well at least.

When you lose 40% of your audience in the second week it is a sign of disaster for any TV show.

Back
Top Bottom