• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin Says She Could Beat Obama

But Palin hasn't publicly released her records. Don't conservatives know that means she's trying to hide something and isn't fit for office :)

Her records weren't released during her VP run? How'd the press miss that? I thought they we digging for dirt in Wasilla 10 minutes after they found out she was on the ticket. You'd think they'd go after her records before they talked to her personal physician.

Sarah Palin says she is seriously considering a run for the White House, and she believes she could beat President Obama in 2012, the former Alaska governor told ABC News' Barbara Walters.

"I'm looking at the lay of the land now, and ... trying to figure that out, if it's a good thing for the country, for the discourse, for my family, if it's a good thing," Palin said in an interview scheduled to air in full Dec. 9 on ABC as part of Walters' "10 Most Fascinating People" of 2010.
368361-hellyeah_super.jpg

popcorn.gif

Can't wait till 2012 if she runs

I see lots of name calling and really silly speculation by some, like the one about her records.

well hell I doubt seriously that she was born in darkest Africa, or that she was born a Muslim.

Besides she never said she was running only that she could beat Obama.

What do expect someone to say? Ah no I would run but I would expect to lose. What a bunch of foolishness.

99% of the Liberals and some others who post here I would venture to say know only what they have heard and none of that includes anything about Gov. Palin's actual record in office.

And I know why that is.

It is amazing how many people repeat what they hear and believe what they are told because they can't think for themselves.

I think Sarah Palin would be a great choice for Chairman of the RNC.

I'm not convinced she's ready to be the chief executive, and we can't afford another experiment in the Oval Office - case in point our current President.

I think Sarah Palin would be a great choice for Chairman of the RNC.

I'm not convinced she's ready to be the chief executive, and we can't afford another experiment in the Oval Office - case in point our current President.

I think she may be too tea party conservative for that. When we get a Republican president in 2012, maybe he'll appoint her to a really good job. Maybe energy czar?

I think if people including Conservatives took the time to look at her real record and drop the lies about why she left the Governors office she might have a chance.

PARAPHRASING: If we all just closed our eyes, put on our dunce caps, and bought into the Fox News bull**** propaganda... she might have a chance.

rofl.jpg

PARAPHRASING: If we all just closed our eyes, put on our dunce caps, and bought into the Fox News bull**** propaganda... she might have a chance.

rofl.jpg

Thank you for proving my point that Most Liberals regardless of what they claim to be moderate or what ever, just repeat what they hear and believe what they are told because they don't think for themselves.

What did Sarah Palin do when she became Gov. with the list of State requests for federal funding for projects?

Answer: She cut it by 85% immediately.

In stead of like Obama acting like he won the welfare lotto Sarah let the special Gov. cook go, because as she put it, she knows how to cook.

She used her own vehicle instead of a special high priced one payed for by the State.

She got rid of the high priced security detail because they were unnecessary.

She attacked corruption in her own party sending several to jail.

She came up with and enacted a new system of splitting the oil profits called "ACES." Exxon (the biggest corporation in the world) protested vigorously and Sarah told them, "don't let the door hit you in the stern on your way out." They stayed, and Alaska residents went from being merely wealthy to being filthy rich. Of course, the other huge international oil companies meekly fell in line.

She put together a totally new approach to getting a natural gas pipeline built which will be the biggest private construction project in the history of North America. No one else could do it even though they had tried.

For 30 years, Exxon held a lease to do exploratory drilling at a place called Point Thompson. They made excuses the entire time why they couldn't start drilling. In truth they were holding it like an investment. No governor for 30 years could make them get started. Then, she told them she was revoking their lease and kicking them out. They protested and threatened court action. She shrugged and reminded them that she knew the way to the court house. Alaska won again.

Obama wants the nation to be on 25% renewable resources for electricity by 2025. Sarah went to the legislature and submitted her plan for Alaska to be at 50% renewable by 2025.

So the brainiacs who in fact constantly bash Sarah do in fact know nothing about what they continue to lie about and it comes from a total lack of knowledge on the subject and an unwillingness or inability to learn the facts.

MSNBC along with other Obamedia sources and ever Karl Rove and plenty of So-called Conservative radio talk show people have fallen for the BS about Sarah Palin because they too are unaccustomed to dealing with an attractive woman with a brain who can think logically and is willing to stand up to big business, and put forth new and innovative ideas, and then fight for them.

Most men seem to be used to dealing with a wife or women who have no concept of logic and love to nag, and if they are in politics they are generally ugly like, the three wicked witches of the west, Pelosi, Boxer, and Feinstein.

I am not endorsing Sarah Palin just stating a few facts no one takes the time to look up before they shoot their mouths off and in the process look like fools to those who do their home work.

By the way some of us do that home work on Obama too, and he has been weighed, he has been measured and has been found wanting.

Again Sarah has not said she is running and I think the Liberals have gone into full panic mode over the prospect, as have some Republicans because Sarah is her own person and seems to have a penchant for wanting to do the right thing rather than follow the Party line.

I find that refreshing but people like Rove and others can't deal with it.

I also believe that some so-called Conservative radio talk show wonks can't stand the thought of dealing with a woman who is smarter than they are, and has accomplished more than they could ever dream of. I know the type well.

Whether Palin runs or not, she still scares the living **** out of the left. They just can't get over her; it'll take years and many counseling sessions before they heal up. CC, there's money to to be made. :lamo

Whether Palin runs or not, she still scares the living **** out of the left. They just can't get over her; it'll take years and many counseling sessions before they heal up. CC, there's money to to be made. :lamo

I do not know anybody on the left who is scared by Palin as you allege. And I work in the middle of a very political environment.

When Palin first came on the scene, she was indeed viewed as very dangerous because there was a perception among progressives that the combination of her being sexy, her show biz experience and appeal with populism could push us closer to a right wing fascist government if she would get in power. But then we had the rest of the campaign and that dead corpse was buried well under ground. Nobody I know who can be described as a progressive, a liberal, a leftist or even a Democrat is afraid of her. Just the opposite - we all want her to get the GOP nomination in two years.

She really had no choice but to quit for Alaska and her staff. She was constantly fighting frivilous charges and had no time to govern anyway.

And what makes you think that wouldn't be a problem if she were POTUS? Barb, I like you. You're a thoughtful woman. But you've got to let this chick go as a viable candidate of anything. As someone said upthread, she's an amazing fund raiser. But she is not higher office material. Not now. Back someone who has a real chance.

Do you think if you keep repeating this it might magically someday be true?

I'll say what I always say. She doesn't scare the left in any way shape or form. What's scary is that some on the right think that she could actually win. I'll say it again... she'd be a public relations nightmare and would get destroyed. She'd be FAR more effective as a fund raiser.

I'll say what I always say. She doesn't scare the left in any way shape or form. What's scary is that some on the right think that she could actually win. I'll say it again... she'd be a public relations nightmare and would get destroyed. She'd be FAR more effective as a fund raiser.

She is good at stretching her 15 minutes.

I think if people including Conservatives took the time to look at her real record and drop the lies about why she left the Governors office she might have a chance.

Problem is People repeat what they hear and believe what they are told because they lack the mental acuity required to do their own, do diligence and think for themselves.

Sarah Palin has one hell of a record of accomplishments that outstrip Obama by 1000% even after Obama has been in office two years.

Read the facts before the attacks.

Pick a source and read it, and think for yourself.

Sarah Palin's Accomplishments as Governor

It's ironic that you don't actually know what the current administration has done in the past two years. I assume that when you say think for your self you mean think like Fox News. If you're curious what the administration has done so far the wtfhasobamadonesofar site is a little gimmicky but has pretty good info.

Well, when asked if she stands a chance against Obama, what else would you expect someone to say?

I think that not everybody is prepared to govern a country. Do you think that Sara Pailing is prepared?

She really had no choice but to quit for Alaska and her staff. She was constantly fighting frivilous charges and had no time to govern anyway.

That lie was debunked over a year ago.

Nice try, though...

Problem is People repeat what they hear and believe what they are told because they lack the mental acuity required to do their own, do diligence and think for themselves.

Sarah Palin has one hell of a record of accomplishments that outstrip Obama by 1000% even after Obama has been in office two years.

Read the facts before the attacks.

Pick a source and read it, and think for yourself.

Sarah Palin's Accomplishments as Governor

She probably has a 50/50 shot of beating Obama...as that's pretty much the split. But it would be very unfortunate for us to have her as President. I mean, if we think Obama is bad just put in Palin and see what futher down the hole looks like. I mean, each election cycle really shouldn't be an attempt to find something worse than what we had previously. The first step to getting out of a hole is to quit digging.

Exactly when were all of those supposed ethical complaints filed against Palin? If you have a brain, you would know that all of these ethical complaints were filed when she was running with McCain. But your right, that definitely is not a coincidence.

And thanks to these people (aka-liberals) who filed all of these bogus complaints against her, she resigned because as she said, she would have been spending every second fighting these complaints and not be able to do her actual job as governor. By resigning she also saved Alaska a butt load of cash in having to fund her a team of lawyers to fight off petty libs.

And who exactly are the left to be critical of someone who has more experience than our current president? Ohhh that's right, Obama was a community organizer and a senator for MAYBE 2 years... until he was off and running for the presidency. Just a reminder Palin has 20+yrs.

Exactly when were all of those supposed ethical complaints filed against Palin? If you have a brain, you would know that all of these ethical complaints were filed when she was running with McCain. But your right, that definitely is not a coincidence.

And thanks to these people (aka-liberals) who filed all of these bogus complaints against her, she resigned because as she said, she would have been spending every second fighting these complaints and not be able to do her actual job as governor. By resigning she also saved Alaska a butt load of cash in having to fund her a team of lawyers to fight off petty libs.

And who exactly are the left to be critical of someone who has more experience than our current president? Ohhh that's right, Obama was a community organizer and a senator for MAYBE 2 years... until he was off and running for the presidency. Just a reminder Palin has 20+yrs.

You're counting city council in a town of 4000 people, but you're not counting three terms in the Illinois Senate?

edit: Or, since you said "20+," you must actually be also counting time as a sports reporter. And possibly beauty pageants.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom