• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin Mocks GOP

The GOP has made itself almost as foolish as the demonrats.

No doubt. Now watch me outdo the GOP

solletica said:
What's with amnesty? I say we kill all the spics, ragheads, and faggots comin' over the border and takin' our country away.

And I believe life begins BEFORE conception, except for anchor babies

Why should she flip burgers when she can sell millions of books entitled "McDonald's, Jesus, and White People: the Real America" to her drooling right wing groupies?

She might need some extra money to pay for Bristol's pregnancies? That poor girl cannot even hold a job down as almost Honey Boo Boo. At this rate they are going to have to rely on the mentally challenged one to take care of them in their old age.

Get a shovel. If youre going to pedal bull**** at least make it believable, you have never had anything positive to say about the GOP.

I believe the GOP will work hard to earn the border bigot vote.

That was positive :)

I think you are selling sarah short. I bet she could screw up flipping burgers enough to get 500k in legal bills. I believe in Sarah and so should you.

Asinine.

The current bill has over $30 billion to secure the border in it. How much more can you spend?
The current bill has is the same thing that, what, THREE previous bills have had? It has a promise. A promise that gets broken, to date, every single time it's made.

Pardon me but anything less than "secure the border first" is the equivalent of "of course I'll still respect you in the morning".

Illegal immigration is illegal. Why should anybody with any respect for law support illegal immigration? That's nuts. Everyone hates competition. It is human nature. This isn't about immigrants. It is about votes. Let's me honest.

So are a thousand and one other business practices that libertarians (rightfully) rail against. I see zero reason for libertarians to - yet again - bend over and spread for the social conservatives. We spent eight years of the Bush Administration doing just that. No more.

No, it is a "reducing competition" proposition. Republicans don't want to give the opposition 11 mllion new votes.

It's not just political competition. It's economic competition these white trash Reagan Democrats are trying to avoid. Thet want to use the power of the State to vouchsafe their position on a captured labor market. I'm too much a believer in freedom to go along with that.

Sarah Palin had harsh words for the GOP establishment who voted for immigration reform, saying they “disrespect Hispanics” by passing the bill. “Great job, GOP establishment,” began the statement Palin posted on Facebook on Friday. “You’ve just abandoned the Reagan Democrats with this amnesty bill.” The Senate passed a bipartisan immigration reform bill on Thursday 68-32. Fourteen Republicans voted for the legislation, which has been characterized as a way for the GOP to increase its appeal among a traditionally Democratic base: Hispanics.

Palin disagreed with this perspective, writing: “It was the loss of working class voters in swing states that cost us the 2012 election, not the Hispanic vote.” “Legal immigrants respect the rule of law,” Palin continued. “You disrespect Hispanics with your assumption that they desire ignoring the rule of law.”

Palin has been outspokenly critical of immigration reform in recent days, criticizing Republicans who support the bill, including Marco Rubio and Kelly Ayotte. as well as the content of the legislation. Her statement on the Corker-Hoeven border security amendment, posted to Facebook on Monday, is titled “Holes in the Border As Big As the Holes in Their Amnesty Bill.”

Read more: Sarah Palin mocks GOP:

Former Half-Term Governor Turns to Facebook

Yep, everyone be afraid. Youbetcha!!!!

this is scary
i agree with palin

edit to add a caveat. it does appear palin, when referring to reagan democrats appears not to understand that her guy, ronnie raygun, was the last president to authorize amnesty and citizenship for illegal immigrants

Last edited:
Good for her. I agree.

This is why I'm hopeful that the conservative movement will die sooner as opposed to later in this country. It's totally extreme and out of touch. It's totally unable to compromise. And its heroes are total knownothings like Palin.

This has nothing to do with the merits of the immigration bill, since it was doomed to obstruction by the tea party occupation forces, no matter what it involved.

Sarah Palin had harsh words for the GOP establishment who voted for immigration reform, saying they “disrespect Hispanics” by passing the bill. “Great job, GOP establishment,” began the statement Palin posted on Facebook on Friday. “You’ve just abandoned the Reagan Democrats with this amnesty bill.” The Senate passed a bipartisan immigration reform bill on Thursday 68-32. Fourteen Republicans voted for the legislation, which has been characterized as a way for the GOP to increase its appeal among a traditionally Democratic base: Hispanics.

Palin disagreed with this perspective, writing: “It was the loss of working class voters in swing states that cost us the 2012 election, not the Hispanic vote.” “Legal immigrants respect the rule of law,” Palin continued. “You disrespect Hispanics with your assumption that they desire ignoring the rule of law.”

Palin has been outspokenly critical of immigration reform in recent days, criticizing Republicans who support the bill, including Marco Rubio and Kelly Ayotte. as well as the content of the legislation. Her statement on the Corker-Hoeven border security amendment, posted to Facebook on Monday, is titled “Holes in the Border As Big As the Holes in Their Amnesty Bill.”

I wore out my groan muscle.

So are a thousand and one other business practices that libertarians (rightfully) rail against. I see zero reason for libertarians to - yet again - bend over and spread for the social conservatives. We spent eight years of the Bush Administration doing just that. No more.

It isn't a social issue to me or an economic one. It is a political one. I honestly don't think rewarding people for breaking the law is a good thing. If the law is bad, then change that. Don't ignore it. We still need a rule of law.

It's not just political competition. It's economic competition these white trash Reagan Democrats are trying to avoid. Thet want to use the power of the State to vouchsafe their position on a captured labor market. I'm too much a believer in freedom to go along with that.

Not for me. It is only political. If you apply common sense, then there isn't much else involved. Ours is a country of immigrants. We haven't had a problem with immigrants since day one. Immigrants have made the country what it is today. That's common sense. We have to respect our laws. That's common sense. Those who want to ignore the law and reward lawbreakers do so for political reasons.

It isn't a social issue to me or an economic one. It is a political one. I honestly don't think rewarding people for breaking the law is a good thing. If the law is bad, then change that. Don't ignore it. We still need a rule of law.

Not for me. It is only political. If you apply common sense, then there isn't much else involved. Ours is a country of immigrants. We haven't had a problem with immigrants since day one. Immigrants have made the country what it is today. That's common sense. We have to respect our laws. That's common sense. Those who want to ignore the law and reward lawbreakers do so for political reasons.

This neglects an obvious point. When laws are wrong we can change them. For instance we didn't repeal prohibition for political reasons, it was a bad law that needed to be changed. Perhaps the current system of immigration is broken and part of that broken is the process to which we criminalize a group of hard working people so that we get cheap labor that cannot complain?

This neglects an obvious point. When laws are wrong we can change them. For instance we didn't repeal prohibition for political reasons, it was a bad law that needed to be changed. Perhaps the current system of immigration is broken and part of that broken is the process to which we criminalize a group of hard working people so that we get cheap labor that cannot complain?

I don't think the requirements we place on legal immigrants are unreasonable or bad. Changing the law to allow for a guest worker program, for instance, might make sense. Rewarding people for breaking a law, good or bad, isn't an answer to anything.

The Republican Party is worthy of contempt for getting caught up in this debacle. She is quite correct.

Palin is living proof that a village out there has lost their resident idiot.

She badly needs to educate herself on America's changing demographics which could well spell doom for the Republican Party if they do not change their ways. She could begin her education by reading the Karl Rove essay on the topic.

this is scary
i agree with palin

edit to add a caveat. it does appear palin, when referring to reagan democrats appears not to understand that her guy, ronnie raygun, was the last president to authorize amnesty and citizenship for illegal immigrants

I also actually agree that wages for Americans are being kept artificially low because of the immigrant problem. I am, after all, a gardener who will do the jobs republicans say Americans will not do.

The question I have is why is there no concern about securing the border? Seriously, to me that seems like the ONE logical thing that everyone should agree on but somehow "securing the border" has become code for "you're a racist".

What's so god damned racist about not wanting people to be able to flood into this country illegally?

Somewhere along the line don't you think "securing the border" is a straw man argument? This is not rocket science, after all.

Too bad she endorsed McCain in 2010. Or that she supported Rubio,who as Florida speaker constantly worked to stymy workplace enforcement laws.

You are on to something here. How about prosecuting those businesses who hire illegal immigrants? That would completely solve the problem.

Palin mocking the GOP...sort of like...

When Trig appears to be the most normal of the bunch, there does appear to be a problem with whacked out family.

Somewhere along the line don't you think "securing the border" is a straw man argument? This is not rocket science, after all.
No. There is absolutely nothing straw man about it. Give 15 million illegals amnesty today without doing something about the border and we'll just end up giving another 15 million amnesty a decade from now. This isn't rocket science, you know.

No. There is absolutely nothing straw man about it. Give 15 million illegals amnesty today without doing something about the border and we'll just end up giving another 15 million amnesty a decade from now. This isn't rocket science, you know.

Pssst: you and Palin are ignorant about the facts of immigration. First of all, the demographic boom in Mexico that initiated the large scale movement of workers to the US is over. Mexico's population is regularized and is no longer being skewed toward youth. The birth rate has declined dramatically. Second, (and related to that) Mexico's economy has created a self-sustaining middle class. There is less and less a need for workers to move to the US to find work.

In short there will never be the huge influx of immigrants to the US that we saw in the 70s 80s and 90s. It's over.

So even if we did nothing this problem would go away over time. But of course Palin is sublimely ignorant of any and all facts. She just prates her ideological, teabagger nonsense, nonstop.

http://www.economist.com/node/15959332

I guess Palin reads "all the papers' except the Economist

Pssst: you and Palin are ignorant about the facts of immigration. First of all, the demographic boom in Mexico that initiated the large scale movement of workers to the US is over. Mexico's population is regularized and is no longer being skewed toward youth. The birth rate has declined dramatically. Second, (and related to that) Mexico's economy has created a self-sustaining middle class. There is less and less a need for workers to move to the US to find work.

In short there will never be the huge influx of immigrants to the US that we saw in the 70s 80s and 90s. It's over.

So even if we did nothing this problem would go away over time. But of course Palin is sublimely ignorant of any and all facts. She just prates her ideological, teabagger nonsense, nonstop.

Mexico's population: When the niños run out | The Economist

I guess Palin reads "all the papers' except the Economist
It's over, huh? Your entire post could be summed up in 5 words.

1.That's
2.What
3.They
4.Told
5.Me.

You go with the party line "politically correct" projection. I'll go with history, and specifically what past immigration bills have promised and what they actually delivered. Mexico is a cluster**** and it will be for at least the next 50 years.

And 50 years is optimistic...

Back
Top Bottom