• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin considering Senate Run

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin is making political waves with a hint that she’ll run for a Senate seat representing Alaska.

“I’ve considered it because people have requested me considering it,” the former Alaska governor told radio-show host Sean Hannity on Tuesday. She said that Alaska Democrat Sen. Mark Begich – up for re-election in 2014 – “has got to be replaced.”

Sarah Palin considering Senate run - Capitol Report - MarketWatch

Sarah Palin....the gift that just keeps giving!!!! Run Sarah Run!

She has to get some of that federal government worker cheese!

she's not going to run. do you think she wants to give up her job at fox news and do a job that actually requires her to be in Washington and vote in person. if senators could cast their votes via twitter and facebook she would be all for it, sadly senators cannot do that and so she will not want to become a senator.

besides a senator's term of office lasts longer than a governors term of office, and since she quit the governorship halfway through her first term, how would she be able to cope with six years?

Former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin is making political waves with a hint that she’ll run for a Senate seat representing Alaska.

“I’ve considered it because people have requested me considering it,” the former Alaska governor told radio-show host Sean Hannity on Tuesday. She said that Alaska Democrat Sen. Mark Begich – up for re-election in 2014 – “has got to be replaced.”

Run Sarah run? Really? Do you realize she would have a good chance at winning? High name recognition, in a state she has won elections in, and an ability to raise campaign funds that would be almost unrivaled in senate races. What are you going to do if she follows your wishes and does run and wins?

Run Sarah run? Really? Do you realize she would have a good chance at winning? High name recognition, in a state she has won elections in, and an ability to raise campaign funds that would be almost unrivaled in senate races. What are you going to do if she follows your wishes and does run and wins?

He'll whine like a baby !!!!:mrgreen:

Oh, she'd have a good chance of winning, no doubt, for the reasons you give. Once there, she'd fit right in to the Congress with an approval rating lower than the mud under a well digger's boots, too. Alaskans might love her, and the rest of us would be stuck with her, just like we're stuck with a lot of Senators.

See Sarah. See Sarah run. Run, Sarah, run!

she may have name recognition but not all of it is the good kind.

besides she would actually have to campaign and present a credible to challenge to unseat mark Begich. i am unfamiliar with local Alaskan politics but Mark Begich ran a good campaign against the late senator Ted Stevens, is no slouch when it comes to fund raising, and he has not done anything that i am aware of that can be considered damaging to his reputation among alasken voters. there is also his personal story, he is the brother of the late congressman nick begich who disappeared along with house majority leader hale boggs back in 1973.

She is more disliked in Alaska than she is in the rest of the country. This will just expose how ridiculous she and the GOP have become. And if she happens to win....ultimately she will do more damage to the GOP in the senate...its a win/win for us in my opinion.

She is more disliked in Alaska than she is in the rest of the country. This will just expose how ridiculous she and the GOP have become. And if she happens to win....ultimately she will do more damage to the GOP in the senate...its a win/win for us in my opinion.

"Us" being Democrats, and not the people of the USA.

She doesn't know when to quit.

I like the part where she said likes to do public service. As long as no one questions anything she says or does which is why she quit as Governor of Alaska (according to her) It will be fun though if she decides to run.

I like the part where she said likes to do public service. As long as no one questions anything she says or does which is why she quit as Governor of Alaska (according to her) It will be fun though if she decides to run.

Almost all of those lawsuits conjured up by the lefties in Alaska were summarily dismissed as frivolous, however the sheer number of them were causing her to spend too much time fighting them, and thus she decided to remove herself from public service as a tactical move that served both her and her constituents. None of those lawsuits amounted to anything.

Tim-

I can hardly wait to hear her excuse for quitting this time.

Almost all of those lawsuits conjured up by the lefties in Alaska were summarily dismissed as frivolous, however the sheer number of them were causing her to spend too much time fighting them, and thus she decided to remove herself from public service as a tactical move that served both her and her constituents. None of those lawsuits amounted to anything.

Tim-
While all of this is indeed true, the bottom line is that she quit. In the end that is all anyone will remember.

Tim-

That was nothing but her BS line for quitting. The real reason she quit was so that she could go chase the almightly American Dollar...period. At least she could be honest about it.

Seeing how she did not complete her term as governor only a dumbass would vote for her.

Tim-

It goes with the job. She couldn't take the heat so she left the kitchen.

That was nothing but her BS line for quitting. The real reason she quit was so that she could go chase the almightly American Dollar...period. At least she could be honest about it.
I realize that you are unable to comprehend the irony of this post but some of us can and, trust me, it's funny as hell.:lol:

Seeing how she did not complete her term as governor only a dumbass would vote for her.

Unfortunately, however, the Senate is full of people that only a dumbass would vote for.

Never underestimate the sheer dumbness of the American voter.

I can think of far less qualified and engaging people who run for office - one recently made it to the White House. Good for her - no one should ever be criticized for running for public office, putting themselves on the line, and particularly someone who has great success in other fields. Those people criticizing her are likely ones whose only public service is bitching on online forums.

I can think of far less qualified and engaging people who run for office - one recently made it to the White House. Good for her - no one should ever be criticized for running for public office, putting themselves on the line, and particularly someone who has great success in other fields. Those people criticizing her are likely ones whose only public service is bitching on online forums.

How do I break up a long post to just answer a small portion if it? Stop laughing.

Back
Top Bottom