• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Santa Monica shooting has got to be a set-up SERIOUSLY

TerraImperalist

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This is just too much.

Aurora Colorado Shootings
12 deaths, 58 injuries
Suspect : James Holmes

Sandy Hook Elementary Shootings
28 deaths, 2 injured
Suspect : Adam Lanza

Christopher Dorner Shootout
4 deaths, some casaulties
Suspect : Christopher Dorner

Many more minor but deadly shootings happened throughout the 2012-2013 but about 3-4 like I mentioned were the biggest. But why did these have so many headlines? Why are all the death numbers an even number?

and now my friends, we have the Santa Monica Shooting. It was only a small number of deaths luckily, 4.
SOURCE: U.S. News | National News - ABC News ... bTJsPm1GSo

These have got to be a complete set-up. Don't mistake me, the deaths are real, but the motives? We all get the same information. Crazy, lunatics with a gun out to kill. Same ****, different day.

But you need to remember, lives are at stake here. I think there is a secret gun control cult out there sending out suicidal agents to kill and push the gun control bill to congress by creating an orchestra of calculated massacres on not only the American people, but the people of the world. You might recognize the name of Anders Behring Breivik, a Norwegian shooter who killed 77 deaths and over 200 casualties. And that is a huge, huge death toll that happened in a country that's got a lot of liberals. See no one is safe. Now and then, the liberal countries get shot up to attempt to prove to you guns are evil.

It''s sickening.

Now is the government behind this? No. Governments would never do this actually. Many conspiracy theorists think the governments or the corporations are out to get you and do evil things like this. This is a people conspiracy. The people are behind this. The people are out there, organized into these cults to kill and to manipulate the governments. The Govenment has become the victim, not the villain! It's the complete opposite. What we feared most of a very controlling authoritarian, fascist government, is actually a reverse-oppressive-democracy. The Government is a puppet to the evil citizens.

Don't point your fingers at the government, point your fingers at the people. The people are plotting these massacres to get the guns taken away!!!!!!!!!

Now,

Your thoughts?

So... it's a conspiracy because the numbers are even?

what is your opinion?

I thought that was obvious. it is a conspiracy theory based on no factual evidence that plays purely on the emotion of the gun owners fears that people are actually shooting up towns for the sake of making guns illegal. You do not even make a case that there is a rise in this sort of violence. If you were going to make some sort of semi legitimate case about an anti-gun conspiracy you might point out that these shootings are now getting attention because the anti-gun crowd owns the media, but even that fails because media has increased to a much more ever present thing that does not have to chose stories based on finite time available on broadcast anymore.

But you did none of those things and just played on paranoia, which is the very basis of a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

So... it's a conspiracy because the numbers are even?

It is a conspiracy theory because you would have to be an overly paranoid gun nut to believe it was actually happening with absolutely no proof that these events are becomming more problematic.

Five numbers.
1/2 chance of being even

1/2 ^ 5 = 1/32

If it's a conspiracy because they are even, then why'd you point out the Breivik attacks which killed 77 people as being part of the conspiracy?

If it's a conspiracy because they are even, then why'd you point out the Breivik attacks which killed 77 people as being part of the conspiracy?

I didn't. I pointed out it as part of a larger trend across the world of liberals doing shootings to ban guns.

In the US, it is clearly a conspricy because of the even numbers.

I didn't. I pointed out it as part of a larger trend across the world of liberals doing shootings to ban guns.

In the US, it is clearly a conspricy because of the even numbers.

Why include the perpetrator in the Sandy Hook and Santa Monica shootings but not Dorner?

Obviously its not part of the conspiracy because it's not an even number. :roll:
Well, if you only include even number killings than the probability spikes to 100%.

What's the probability that a blue car is blue?

Well, if you only include even number killings than the probability spikes to 100%.

What's the probability that a blue car is blue?

That's the beauty of this type of conspiracy theory a pattern can always be found. You can make a pattern by eliminating samples that don't fit your criteria like he did by not using the Texas shooting you mentioned. You can also manipulate the data to find a pattern.

Look at his claim. First he said that the Breivik massacres doesn't actually count so he only used 4 cases making the possibility of them being even actually 1 in 16 not one in 32.

But if they had all been odd he could've claimed the reverse of this pattern, so the chances were actually 2 in 16.

But he manipulated the data even further deciding to count the shooter in all but one of his examples. This means that three evens and an odd would also fit his pattern as well as three odds and an even. This comes out to a 62.5% chance of the four shootings fitting the OP's pattern.

EEEE (fits)
OEEE (fits)
EOEE (fits)
EEOE (fits)
EEEO (fits)
OOEE (doesn't)
OEOE (doesn't)
OEEO (doesn't)
EOOE (doesn't)
EOEO (doesn't)
EEOO (doesn't)
EOOO (fits)
OEOO (fits)
OOEO (fits)
OOOE (fits)
OOOO (fits)

Even if it had been one of the six that didn't fit I'm sure there still would've been 50 different ways you could create a pattern out of the four shootings. Obviously most people understand this, but this is for the OP's benefit on the off chance he was being serious.

That's the beauty of this type of conspiracy theory a pattern can always be found. You can make a pattern by eliminating samples that don't fit your criteria like he did by not using the Texas shooting you mentioned. You can also manipulate the data to find a pattern.

Look at his claim. First he said that the Breivik massacres doesn't actually count so he only used 4 cases making the possibility of them being even actually 1 in 16 not one in 32.

But if they had all been odd he could've claimed the reverse of this pattern, so the chances were actually 2 in 16.

But he manipulated the data even further deciding to count the shooter in all but one of his examples. This means that three evens and an odd would also fit his pattern as well as three odds and an even. This comes out to a 62.5% chance of the four shootings fitting the OP's pattern.

EEEE (fits)
OEEE (fits)
EOEE (fits)
EEOE (fits)
EEEO (fits)
OOEE (doesn't)
OEOE (doesn't)
OEEO (doesn't)
EOOE (doesn't)
EOEO (doesn't)
EEOO (doesn't)
EOOO (fits)
OEOO (fits)
OOEO (fits)
OOOE (fits)
OOOO (fits)

Even if it had been one of the six that didn't fit I'm sure there still would've been 50 different ways you could create a pattern out of the four shootings. Obviously most people understand this, but this is for the OP's benefit on the off chance he was being serious.

Well, let's also note that statistically unlikely things happen sometimes. That's why we measure probability. Even though it's most likely for the number of even/odd shootings to be about 50%, that doesn't mean it must be.

Anyways, you're right. People can find patterns anywhere. The question I posed originally, which is kind of my biggest contention here, is why does the even number matter? Are we saying "well it's unlikely that there would be so many evens so clearly its a conspiracy?" Why, even assuming it IS a conspiracy, would they make sure to generally kill an even number of people? What is the point?

Well, let's also note that statistically unlikely things happen sometimes. That's why we measure probability. Even though it's most likely for the number of even/odd shootings to be about 50%, that doesn't mean it must be.

Anyways, you're right. People can find patterns anywhere. The question I posed originally, which is kind of my biggest contention here, is why does the even number matter? Are we saying "well it's unlikely that there would be so many evens so clearly its a conspiracy?" Why, even assuming it IS a conspiracy, would they make sure to generally kill an even number of people? What is the point?

That's true too. Even if having four evens in a row was a billion to one chance, it still wouldn't be evidence of a conspiracy. My guess would be he's trolling.

That's true too. Even if having four evens in a row was a billion to one chance, it still wouldn't be evidence of a conspiracy. My guess would be he's trolling.

In which case there would only be one in billon chance of not conspiracy

This is just too much.

Aurora Colorado Shootings
12 deaths, 58 injuries
Suspect : James Holmes

Sandy Hook Elementary Shootings
28 deaths, 2 injured
Suspect : Adam Lanza

Christopher Dorner Shootout
4 deaths, some casaulties
Suspect : Christopher Dorner

Many more minor but deadly shootings happened throughout the 2012-2013 but about 3-4 like I mentioned were the biggest. But why did these have so many headlines? Why are all the death numbers an even number?

and now my friends, we have the Santa Monica Shooting. It was only a small number of deaths luckily, 4.
SOURCE: U.S. News | National News - ABC News ... bTJsPm1GSo

These have got to be a complete set-up. Don't mistake me, the deaths are real, but the motives? We all get the same information. Crazy, lunatics with a gun out to kill. Same ****, different day.

But you need to remember, lives are at stake here. I think there is a secret gun control cult out there sending out suicidal agents to kill and push the gun control bill to congress by creating an orchestra of calculated massacres on not only the American people, but the people of the world. You might recognize the name of Anders Behring Breivik, a Norwegian shooter who killed 77 deaths and over 200 casualties. And that is a huge, huge death toll that happened in a country that's got a lot of liberals. See no one is safe. Now and then, the liberal countries get shot up to attempt to prove to you guns are evil.

It''s sickening.

Now is the government behind this? No. Governments would never do this actually. Many conspiracy theorists think the governments or the corporations are out to get you and do evil things like this. This is a people conspiracy. The people are behind this. The people are out there, organized into these cults to kill and to manipulate the governments. The Govenment has become the victim, not the villain! It's the complete opposite. What we feared most of a very controlling authoritarian, fascist government, is actually a reverse-oppressive-democracy. The Government is a puppet to the evil citizens.

Don't point your fingers at the government, point your fingers at the people. The people are plotting these massacres to get the guns taken away!!!!!!!!!

Now,

Your thoughts?

you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom