• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sandy Hook Speech

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I was given the opportunity to come over to a Law Enforcement academy for today and tomorrow and listen to the principle from Sandy Hook discuss the incident that occurred there. The Police Chief of Newtown is also supposed to be here as well. I will let y'all know what was said.

That being said. What do y'all think is the right answer for people who get caught after committing a massacre? Do you give them therapy? Life in prison? Just curious.

I support the death penalty for such mass murderers - no way out, no appeals, no bail, no years, no petitions.

Trial - sentence - immediate execution.

I was given the opportunity to come over to a Law Enforcement academy for today and tomorrow and listen to the principle from Sandy Hook discuss the incident that occurred there. The Police Chief of Newtown is also supposed to be here as well. I will let y'all know what was said.

That being said. What do y'all think is the right answer for people who get caught after committing a massacre? Do you give them therapy? Life in prison? Just curious.

IMHO, the DP should be used much more often and plea deals to avoid it, when very strong evidence exists, should become extremely rare. However, the DP as it now exists, is more costly than LWOP - so is the not guilty by reason of insanity idea. The courteous mass shooter, as in Sandy Hook, saves a round to end their own life making this a moot point.

Jared Loughner sentenced for shooting Gabrielle Giffords, others - Los Angeles Times

Judge accepts James Holmes' insanity plea in Aurora shooting | Inside Movies | EW.com

John Hinckley on good behavior, Secret Service logs show | WJLA.com

Death Penalty, no waiting period after trial, immediate.

Why bother with a trial? We *know* who did it. Is it so we can feel good about ourselves afterward that we played the game and gave the illusion of even-handedness?

Why bother with a trial? We *know* who did it. Is it so we can feel good about ourselves afterward that we played the game and gave the illusion of even-handedness?

You know. Lt. Paul Vance (Connecticut State Police...google him) gave a very excellent response to that. Answers. People have questions. People want to know WHY someone would do that. That is why.

You know. Lt. Paul Vance (Connecticut State Police...google him) gave a very excellent response to that. Answers. People have questions. People want to know WHY someone would do that. That is why.

The reason why is irrelevant to the judicial process. It is whether or not they did it.

IMO, any of the victims still bleeding from the wounds inflicted should be granted the right to summarily execute him on the spot like they would have if they were armed and could shoot back.

j/k... but the idea would appease my sense of poetic (okay, more like vengeful) justice.

No time on death row, immediate execution. No therapists either, one interview then we study the prick's brain.

Actually, I don't consider that a good response. I understand that people want to know why, but "why" is irrelevant.

My post, though, was actually a sarcastic response to those who advocate eliminating the appeals process and going straight to execution.

They get their day in court, State gets a chance to prove guilt, if they can and they can get a conviction, then they can get a punishment. For mass murder, life in prison without parole is appropriate.

Because that's our system. And for every one guy we *know* did it, how many are we going to "know" did it. Understand the difference? That's why.

Back
Top Bottom