• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sandy hook lawsuit: Judge rules against gun companies [W:435]

Re: Sandy hook lawsuit: Judge rules against gun companies

Opposing the military when it becomes a tool of tyrants. Opposing foreign invaders. That was the purpose of the 2nd amendment after all. The security of freedom.

We can all bend over and kiss our collective posteriors goodbye if it ever comes to that so that is mere delusional right wing wet dream apologetic fantasy with no real world benefit or application.

a question the American people need to examine

Moderator's Warning:
I suggest you go reread the warning at 435. This will be your only chance to reread it without action immediately being taken. If you want to take this story and extrapolate it into a broader issue in relation to guns in society, you are free to start a thread about that in the appropriate forum. THIS thread is Specifically for discussing THIS specific news story and the facts and issues surrounding it, not for derailing it into a broad discussion about guns in America

IF the court somehow allows liability based on an advertisement that suggested that Bushmaster is marketed as a military weapon, then the Supreme court will clearly overturn this.

You see for years, those who have their wares chosen by the military (Chrysler used to advertise in LIFE MAGAZINE that their Automatic transmission gave our USA WWII tanks a big advantage because the tank was less vulnerable to enemy fire then one shifting gears manually) have used that as a positive advertisement.

I doubt you will find any advertisement (BTW FN is the current US Military contractor though the original owners of BUSHMASTER were parts suppliers to COLT which had the M16 contract for most of the past 50 years) for Bushmaster hinting they are ideal for killing school children

the military angle is mainly about reliability and dependability as CERTIFIED by the government

We can all bend over and kiss our collective posteriors goodbye if it ever comes to that so that is mere delusional right wing wet dream apologetic fantasy with no real world benefit or application.

You can. The rest of us will be armed. And thats because this court case will never move forward after this. Trying to blame a product manufacturer for an illegal use of the product is ridiculous.

some comments on marketing

any of those who are attempting to justify this lawsuit going forward want to comment on this marketing

How Far Beretta Will Go To Make You Love Guns - The Awl

eing able to market itself as the official sidearm of our very discerning and globally preeminent fighting force meant even more profits in the civilian market. Beretta’s plan was plainly outlined in a 1993 Baltimore Sun interview with Robert Bonaventure, then CEO of Beretta USA. Bonaventure explained that Beretta made it a mission to win the military contract and leverage it to make Beretta a household name—a name that would get it into the law enforcement market and, eventually, the everyday gun buyer.

M9

This legendary semiauto handgun has not only won the historic contract with the US military in 1985, but has achieved a triumphant contract renewal after more than two decades of hard use in the world’s toughest and most extreme conditions, from the scorching deserts of Iraq to the frigid heights of the Afghan mountains. A contract renewal after this kind of use and abuse means a product that has kept its promises--and then some. Simply put, there is no pistol today that is as durable, reliable, dependable, easy to use, safe and accurate as the Beretta M9, the handgun that has rightfully earned the nickname of “World Defender.”

P226

Designed for the U.S. Army and carried by U.S. Navy SEALs, Texas Rangers and many other elite military and law enforcement professionals, the SIG SAUER® P226® has earned its place in the highest class of
production pistols.

https://www.fnamerica.com/products/carbines/
Inspired by the legendary Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) made famous in battle by Allied forces around the globe, the FNAR™ puts autoloading speed and bolt-action accuracy into one powerful package.

and

FN semi-automatic carbines are based on military-tested and proven platforms, delivering absolute performance and accuracy to the commercial market.

So tell me, does any of those claims that come directly from three respected firearms makers suggest liability?

Remind me to thank the "Honorable" Judge Bellis for giving me to courage to sue Kitchenaid for the unfortunate occurrence when I wanted to make toast while taking a bath.... Complete failure on the justice system IMO.

good, down with the NRA and their child murdering ways!

i don't see how anyone can be against abortion and support this "right" to easily massacre 20 children btw
But can you see that you made the same stupid mistake they do, that being an irrational moronic rant devoid of anything rational or intelligent?

i have long thought that cars for personal use should be illegal so yes...
And you wonder why you are met with derision? Such primitive and irrational thinking only removes you from any conversation where rational and well reasoned arguments apply.

I don't think there is such a thing as a privately employed judge.

Exactly, so the government will be deciding this case so it does have to do with the 2nd.

This is not just a private civil case between two private parties.

Back
Top Bottom