• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sanders Wins Nevada Caucuses, Strengthening Front-Runner Position

I find it interesting on how far Biden has fallen. On 1 Feb, Biden held the lead in Nevada, 3 weeks later Sander is trouncing him. On 1 Feb in South Carolina, Biden led Sanders by 20 points, today that lead is down to 2. Amazing.

Democrats want to be inspired. Joe doesn't inspire. I've, frankly, been surprised at how this has developed. I thought it would be a Biden-Warren race.

I find it interesting on how far Biden has fallen. On 1 Feb, Biden held the lead in Nevada, 3 weeks later Sander is trouncing him. On 1 Feb in South Carolina, Biden led Sanders by 20 points, today that lead is down to 2. Amazing.

Nothing surprising about that. I had said before Trump got acquitted of the bogus impeachment charges, that Biden's poll numbers will "miraculously" fall right after Trump's acquittal.

Biden was used by the dems and the MSM, their attack dogs, to artificially keep his poll numbers high ... making him appear to be the front runner ... and thus justifying the dems' idiotic accusation that Trump feared (ha ha ha) this strong political opponent and wanted him investigated by a foreign country.

After Trump's acquittal, Biden was no longer needed ... and his real polling numbers showed. :lol:

Biden has never been a good campaigner. What he is good at is doing his job, which is why people who know him kept electing him to represent them. Those people are old. Young people want excitement, not qualifications. People that were 18 when Biden became vice-president are now 30. Those of us who remember him from his Senate days are older, some much older. Sanders' base is very young. They don't really know who Joe Biden is, and since Biden is a sub-par campaigner, they don't care. Even the culinary union split was along generational lines.

If Bernie takes SC, it's over for Sleepy Joe.

It's all his ever-diminishing supporters have been talking about; make or break.

My money's on Broken Joe going home after SC.

Nothing surprising about that. I had said before Trump got acquitted of the bogus impeachment charges, that Biden's poll numbers will "miraculously" fall right after Trump's acquittal.

Biden was used by the dems and the MSM, their attack dogs, to artificially keep his poll numbers high ... making him appear to be the front runner ... and thus justifying the dems' idiotic accusation that Trump feared (ha ha ha) this strong political opponent and wanted him investigated by a foreign country.

After Trump's acquittal, Biden was no longer needed ... and his real polling numbers showed. :lol:

I hear conspiratorial thinking is all the rage.

People who are good at it become screenwriters. People who suck at it post nonsense on the internet.

Democrats want to be inspired. Joe doesn't inspire. I've, frankly, been surprised at how this has developed. I thought it would be a Biden-Warren race.

Yeah, using an old phrase, old Joe seems to lack that fire in the belly. Sanders is definitely energetic and seems able to enthuse others.

I hear conspiratorial thinking is all the rage.
People who are good at it become screenwriters. People who suck at it post nonsense on the internet.

My prediction was correct: Biden's numbers dropped right after Trump's acquittal.

So much for the dems' strong front runner ... the guy Trump feared as a political opponent. :lamo

Maybe, but I'd say young Democrats want inspiration. The rest want stability. The vast majority of Hispanic voters in NV are young, which is where Sanders drew support. Some people will jump on the bandwagon in SC, but Sanders does not have black support like he has Hispanic support.

Last edited:
Biden has never been a good campaigner. What he is good at is doing his job, which is why people who know him kept electing him to represent them. Those people are old. Young people want excitement, not qualifications. People that were 18 when Biden became vice-president are now 30. Those of us who remember him from his Senate days are older, some much older. Sanders' base is very young. They don't really know who Joe Biden is, and since Biden is a sub-par campaigner, they don't care. Even the culinary union split was along generational lines.

As an old foggie, I remember Joe as a Senator long before he became VP. I always like Joe and respected him. Out of the entire lot of candidates, I'm sure Biden would make the best president. You're right though, Biden isn't a good campaigner. In my opinion, Biden is the best qualified and the one I would trust most with the future of this country.

My prediction was correct: Biden's numbers dropped right after Trump's acquittal.

So much for the dems' strong front runner ... the guy Trump feared as a political opponent. :lamo

My prediction was correct too. That you'd run out of gas and repeat the same nonsense.

Seems to me that Biden was a paper tiger being hyped by the Dem leadership-much like Hillary was in the last election- though in her case it was real. If these caucases show us anything it just proves that Creepy Joe was never the front runner at all.

If Bernie takes SC, it's over for Sleepy Joe.

It's all his ever-diminishing supporters have been talking about; make or break.

My money's on Broken Joe going home after SC.

I agree, I think Warren will be right on his heels. Even after South Carolina, there little hope on super Tuesday for Warren outside of her home state. Sanders has taken the lead in most super Tuesday states. I think Warren really helped Sanders out in the Nevada Debate by attacking Bloomberg instead of going after number one, the front runner. Where Trump probably owes his nomination to Christie in the GOP NH debate for him tearing into Rubio, basically making Trump's nomination inevitable. Warren failure to go after Sanders, attacking Bloomberg instead, she may have made Sanders the inevitable Democratic nominee.

That two examples where I find it completely absurd that one running for their party's nomination thinks they can close the gap with the front runner by attacking number two, giving the front runner a pass. It's a crazy political world we live in today.

Maybe, but I'd say young Democrats want inspiration. The rest want stability. The vast majority of Hispanic voters are young, which is where Sanders drew support. Some will jump on the bandwagon for SC, but Sanders does not have black support like he has Hispanic support.
I think Sanders has done a better job at going after important media outlets for black people than any other candidate except maybe Buttigieg and Warren. He's got some powerful ambassadors with people like AOC and the rest of the fab 4. We shouldn't underestimate the current environment where a YouTube media presence is tantamount and Sanders is everywhere.

I hope I'm not wrong and Sanders or anyone running does what Hillary couldn't, but I thought good people saw Trump's racism. Instead, some held a rally in Charlottesville. We can all be wrong. The point is to vote, vote cause our future depends on it.

Я Баба Яга [emoji328]

Seems to me that Biden was a paper tiger being hyped by the Dem leadership-much like Hillary was in the last election- though in her case it was real. If these caucases show us anything it just proves that Creepy Joe was never the front runner at all.

Why are you and others having difficulty understanding simple concepts?

Biden was the front runner according to polling. Simple, average, everyday polling. No conspiracy needed.

Why are you and others having difficulty understanding simple concepts?
Biden was the front runner according to polling. Simple, average, everyday polling. No conspiracy needed.

Yup ... the same polling that gave us Hillary will beat Trump sky-high. :lamo

As an old foggie, I remember Joe as a Senator long before he became VP. I always like Joe and respected him. Out of the entire lot of candidates, I'm sure Biden would make the best president. You're right though, Biden isn't a good campaigner. In my opinion, Biden is the best qualified and the one I would trust most with the future of this country.
Joe is the establishment and after decades of establishment policies, we are finally sick of it!!

Uh no. That polling was four years ago.

Simple concepts. Think, Barnacle, think.

You missed his point- in that polling shouldnt be counted on since it failed spectacularly the last time. Reading comprehension 101.

Yeah, using an old phrase, old Joe seems to lack that fire in the belly. Sanders is definitely energetic and seems able to enthuse others.

Though Democratic Progressives are all about the popular vote, which I agree with, Caucuses have two sets of electoral colleges, while primaries have one. Progressives should be against this. IOW, popular vote only.

With 23% of the vote broken down by the green papers, Sanders is getting 24 delegates, Biden 11 delegates and Buttigieg one delegate in this unDemocratic process.

If we just used raw % times 36, Sanders gets 33.96% times 36 which equals 12, Biden 9, Buttigieg 7, Warren 5, Steyer 3, and Klobuchar 3.

The fact is that Caucuses inflate the % of votes to a higher level BEFORE the 15% rule kicks in, which further skews the original popular vote.

Back
Top Bottom