• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sanders Sounds Note of Unity After Meeting With Obama

Comrade BS felt the burn, BO style.

And you were probably criticizing him for being obstinate. I guess he can't win either way eh?

No, I never criticized him for being obstinate. Just the opposite! I'd like to see him take his opposition against Clinton to the Convention....but obama has apparently persuaded him to throw in the towel. Very sad indeed.

Now....obama will go on the road next week to start his hatchet job on Trump. I sure hope the silent majority steps up to the plate and tosses Hillary....or the FBI recommends charges against her.

Sanders has been running for VP the whole time. I can't understand why people think that he was ever running for the Oval Office. His plan has been the VP job all along. Anyone with two functioning brain cells knows that Hillary was going to get the nomination, the DNC wouldn't have it any other way, so what Sanders has been doing is simply setting himself up to force the DNC to choose him as VP or face a 3rd party run that would split the liberal vote and hand the election to Trump. Sanders isn't dumb, he knew all along that Hillary was the heir apparent to the Obama throne, he just wanted his place in history as the first 3rd party VP in modern history and a nice national platform to push his agenda from.

Sanders has been running for VP the whole time. I can't understand why people think that he was ever running for the Oval Office. His plan has been the VP job all along. Anyone with two functioning brain cells knows that Hillary was going to get the nomination, the DNC wouldn't have it any other way, so what Sanders has been doing is simply setting himself up to force the DNC to choose him as VP or face a 3rd party run that would split the liberal vote and hand the election to Trump. Sanders isn't dumb, he knew all along that Hillary was the heir apparent to the Obama throne, he just wanted his place in history as the first 3rd party VP in modern history and a nice national platform to push his agenda from.

Something tells me Bernie isn't going to be VP. I'd even consider a friendly wager.

He's probably far from Clinton's first choice for VP, but she'd no doubt be happy to give him one of the good cabinet positions, if he wants it.

Something tells me Bernie isn't going to be VP. I'd even consider a friendly wager.

Sig/avatar bet!

Bernie has caved!

He has given every indication during the entire race that he will do what it takes to stop Trump. Said it plainly several times.

He's probably far from Clinton's first choice for VP, but she'd no doubt be happy to give him one of the good cabinet positions, if he wants it.

She's not going to have much choice in the matter if Sanders tells her "Either I'm the VP or I'm running a 3rd party candidacy." Sanders may not hold all the cards, but the cards he does hold are very much strong enough to get the VP job if he wants it.

She's not going to have much choice in the matter if Sanders tells her "Either I'm the VP or I'm running a 3rd party candidacy." Sanders may not hold all the cards, but the cards he does hold are very much strong enough to get the VP job if he wants it.

First, there's no way Sanders will run in a third party. He'd rather give up on being VP (if he even wants it) than risk giving a win to Trump.

Second, the smartest thing Sanders could do is remain in the Senate, because he'll have many times more influence there now than he did before his campaign.

No, I never criticized him for being obstinate. Just the opposite! I'd like to see him take his opposition against Clinton to the Convention....but obama has apparently persuaded him to throw in the towel. Very sad indeed.

Now....obama will go on the road next week to start his hatchet job on Trump. I sure hope the silent majority steps up to the plate and tosses Hillary....or the FBI recommends charges against her.

Dream on.

The DNC wouldn't have been able to give the nomination to Clinton if Sanders had beat her in the number of delegates. Your theory is all wet.

The DNC wouldn't have been able to give the nomination to Clinton if Sanders had beat her in the number of delegates. Your theory is all wet.

Sanders was NEVER going to beat Hillary. He knew that he wasn't going to get the delegates, as did every other person in the country with anything even resembling a grip on reality.

Back
Top Bottom