• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sanders SCREAMED the system is RIGGED..Then tells the voters to go WITH THE RIGGERS

Re: Sanders SCREAMED the system is RIGGED..Then tells the voters to go WITH THE RIGG

Didn't say that at all, but feel free to continue displaying your victimhood if it comforts you.

I appreciate the truth of what I posted bothers you. Doesn't mean that I agree with some of the principles conservatives hold dear - I disagree strongly with many of the social principles that guide them, particularly in America. But you can't deny, and I simply acknowledge, that those principles guide how they vote and if their candidate doesn't adhere to them, they sit on their hands. Liberals, not so much.

I'll begin to alter my view if, indeed, the supporters of Sanders, and particularly the young voters who came out to support Sanders, sit on their hands and refuse to work for or vote for Clinton and the party that they feel stole the primaries from them. If they stand on the principle that corruption shouldn't be rewarded, I'll admire them and acknowledge that change. But if they hold their noses and simply vote for power, rewarding perhaps the two most corrupt politicians in modern American politics, then it will just be more evidence of the simple truth first stated.

Love your posts.

I am one of those former Sanders supporters. I thought of him as the only candidate with some resemblance of integrity. No way in hell will I vote for Hillary; I can't sell my soul. I also can't vote for Trump, as the man is nothing more than a joke. Sadly, Johnson isn't making much of a move, and I stand behind the principle that my vote must be earned. So where does that leave voters like me? Perhaps thinking long and hard about the right candidates for congress, just to balance whatever powers to be may emerge is the answer.

Re: Sanders SCREAMED the system is RIGGED..Then tells the voters to go WITH THE RIGG

Sanders SCREAMED the system is RIGGED..Then tells the voters to go WITH THE RIGGERS !! tells the upset voters who are upset because of being RIGGED .. then says go with the riggers...

The FBI director says that the queen of that rigged system is also too CRAZY.or . too STUPID...or too careless to be charged with a crime..... what a JOKE !!!

Yes, this is the biggest disappointment of this cycle, Bernie went into the enemy camp in the end. A most inglorious ending to an inspired campaign.

Good morning Lady P,

Hope you're weather is better than here - it's been oppressively humid for a few weeks now and we've had precious little rain - it's been one of those summers where it threatens to rain but the drops never reach the ground. My lawn has no green in it, except where the weeds are. Hope your garden is fairing better.

I agree with you about the Sanders voters, particularly the young followers he inspired. Young people are easily disillusioned and I can't see them, even after this convention and in a couple of months, just forgetting that "the man" screwed them royally and going out and voting for the person they spent the past year fighting against. Older, cynical liberals - sure - many of them are used to having no real principles that guide them other than the principle that power is all important.

I vacillate all the time - day after day I can't see how Trump wins and then how Clinton wins - I can't imagine what it's like to be an American with that kind of choice.

:agree: I've done easier things in my life, CJ, but if it wasn't so important for our future I'd probably just give up and stop wondering why things are the way they are. Why are so many on food stamps just to survive; why aren't there jobs for all who want to work; why has our infrastructure been allowed to deteriorate while spending our money to prop up wanna-be despots in other parts of the world; why are our immigration laws being ignored not only by those who enter illegally but worse, by those who swear an oath to uphold our laws but choose to ignore them; and why has it become politically incorrect to question WTH is going on in the top levels of government?

Perhaps it's because this is an election year, but the non-stop flow of apparently truthful leaks which have shown us what is really going on is not only disgusting but frighteningly alarming to most people. Are we being shown by whoever, or whatever, rules the universe why other great civilizations in history have disappeared? I don't know the answer, but I sure hope our best days are not behind us for our young people's sake, since they will be the inheritors of whatever we leave them to cope with! :thumbdown:

:rantoff:

Ah yes, more of the conservatives-are-saints-and-liberals-are-lucifer nonsense.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. That pretty much describes the liberal agenda. You fools think you are creating a utopia but in the end all you create is misery hatred and death.

Love your posts.

I am one of those former Sanders supporters. I thought of him as the only candidate with some resemblance of integrity. No way in hell will I vote for Hillary; I can't sell my soul. I also can't vote for Trump, as the man is nothing more than a joke. Sadly, Johnson isn't making much of a move, and I stand behind the principle that my vote must be earned. So where does that leave voters like me? Perhaps thinking long and hard about the right candidates for congress, just to balance whatever powers to be may emerge is the answer.

Thanks and I love and respect what you posted above. I agree, Trump is just so wrong as both a leader and as a standard bearer for conservative principles. I've said on other threads that I think this election will have the lowest turn out, percentage wise, ever and perhaps will have one of the lowest turn outs in actual numbers ever as well. I'm thankful I'm not an American voter because I wouldn't have an option. At least here in Canada I had a good option even though the final result was a huge disappointment.

You're lucky, in the American system, that down ticket options aren't affected directly by the top of the ticket. Here in Canada, we don't have a direct vote for Prime Minister - we vote for local representatives in parliament and those local representatives vote for the Prime Minister, through their party and in the house. So if we like our local MP, a vote for him/her is also a vote for the leader of his/her party.

Love your posts.

Did you check out Jill Stein?

I happen to like Johnson, he's the closest one to my platform and he has a record that shows his desire to push the platform as stated. I don't know why anyone would vote for Hillary or Trump, but people buy into this "throwing your vote away" propaganda and into the partisan BS that points fingers at the other side and paints pictures of chaos and doom should they be the ones elected.

But there are various other candidates, and I believe that to keep the Republic, to truly servo the system and keep government subservient to the People, that we need to take our votes seriously and that we must endorse the candidate who we believe will be the best leader and who best echoes our own political platforms. Voting for someone merely because the other side is so much worse only puts us in a worse situation and actually aids the parties in isolating themselves from the people.

Intelligent participation, that's what is needed to maintain a democratic Republic.

Actions speak louder than words. He told them to vote for Hillary, then almost immediately thereafter he declares Independence.
I think he's doing the exact opposite of what most politicians do, in the most brilliantly-crafted "**** you" to Hillary Clinton.
He dropped out like a boss.

Is this a joke? When did he declare independence? He looks like a chump from what I've seen but I may have missed something.

Did you check out Jill Stein?

I happen to like Johnson, he's the closest one to my platform and he has a record that shows his desire to push the platform as stated. I don't know why anyone would vote for Hillary or Trump, but people buy into this "throwing your vote away" propaganda and into the partisan BS that points fingers at the other side and paints pictures of chaos and doom should they be the ones elected.

But there are various other candidates, and I believe that to keep the Republic, to truly servo the system and keep government subservient to the People, that we need to take our votes seriously and that we must endorse the candidate who we believe will be the best leader and who best echoes our own political platforms. Voting for someone merely because the other side is so much worse only puts us in a worse situation and actually aids the parties in isolating themselves from the people.

Intelligent participation, that's what is needed to maintain a democratic Republic.
I've cooled off significantly on Johnson myself. Initially he was all gung-ho about courting the #NeverTrump people. Saying Perry would make a good libertarin (he wouldn't) and such. Sure go for the votes. Now that the Hillary e-mail and Bernie Sanders disaffection is setting in he should be courting the Liberals/Dems with as much fervor but he's not. So it looks like he's not actually interested in giving the Libertarian party the attention and numbers it needs to make headway in the national election. My housemate said that Johnson is actually a closet opportunist. While I'm not there yet, I think Johnson is doing the Libertarian Party a great disservice when he's not courting their votes. They need someone and Bernie Sanders has just abandoned them.

Is this a joke? When did he declare independence? He looks like a chump from what I've seen but I may have missed something.

Coming in late and sitting in the Vermont section on Tuesday night to move that Clinton be nominated by acclamation, Sanders looked like he had a serious case of extremely painful hemorrhoids. And the fast retreat proved it.

Much as I hate Cruz and his self-centered egotism, his performance in the RNC convention was at least more honest than Sanders was. I support Jeb Bush, so I'm glad he said he couldn't support Trump and stayed away from the convention - that, to me, was the honest and adult thing to do.

Coming in late and sitting in the Vermont section on Tuesday night to move that Clinton be nominated by acclamation, Sanders looked like he had a serious case of extremely painful hemorrhoids. And the fast retreat proved it.

Much as I hate Cruz and his self-centered egotism, his performance in the RNC convention was at least more honest than Sanders was. I support

I consider Cruz a slimeball but it actually says something when his behavior was shown to be more honest than Sanders'. Hillary must have threatened to have his family killed because Sanders' surely wouldn't be motivated by money. He couldn't possibly have been motivated by promises of power after he watched her choose Tim Caine as VP.

I consider Cruz a slimeball but it actually says something when his behavior was shown to be more honest than Sanders'. Hillary must have threatened to have his family killed because Sanders' surely wouldn't be motivated by money. He couldn't possibly have been motivated by promises of power after he watched her choose Tim Caine as VP.

I'm guessing that either Clinton and/or Schumer promised Sanders a Senate Chairmanship if he behaved himself and the Dems take back the Senate. I can't think of any other explanation - he can't seriously be that afraid of Trump, but maybe he is.

Sanders SCREAMED the system is RIGGED..Then tells the voters to go WITH THE RIGGERS !! tells the upset voters who are upset because of being RIGGED .. then says go with the riggers...

The FBI director says that the queen of that rigged system is also too CRAZY.or . too STUPID...or too careless to be charged with a crime..... what a JOKE !!!

Welcome to the corrupt democratic party .

Back
Top Bottom