• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sanders says Hillary is Unqualified

JackA

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In a speech yesterday, Bernie said Hillary is "unqualified" to be President because her superpac accepted big special interest money. This is a serious error. If he keeps it up Bernie is going to lose supporters. Like me.

The fight is getting more ugly the more it looks like there is no stopping Hillary's nomination.

In a speech yesterday, Bernie said Hillary is "unqualified" to be President because her superpac accepted big special interest money. This is a serious error. If he keeps it up Bernie is going to lose supporters. Like me.

Hey JackA.....
Why is truth so hard to accept?
Neither of those two is qualified.
If Trump promised expanded LGBT rights, more than any Democrat candidate, would you then become a Trump supporter?

Maybe you don't realize where this came from. It started with an interview Hillary did where they asked her if Bernie was qualified. She refused to answer that and then went on to say she doesn't think Bernie is even a democrat. Which is a convenient thing to push going into New York, a closed primary where only democrats can vote. If she's going to play the victim here alls I can say is she shouldn't be casting stones from that glass house of hers.

Hillary is just a standard, run-of-the-mill, status quo supporting, Corporate Republocrat. Is that so hard to hear? Sanders is right. Not that he can solve the problem, but Clinton is just a Corporate Candidate.

It seems to me that Hillary hits the ball where as Sanders is a bunch of fantasy.

After Hillary implied Bernie wasn't qualified in that interview she did... here is the actual transcripts of what Bernie said:

I don’t believe that she is qualified if she is through her super PAC taking tens of millions of dollars in special-interest funds.

I don’t think that you are qualified if you get $15 million from Wall Street through your super PAC.

I don’t think you are qualified if you voted for the disastrous war in Iraq.

I don’t think you’re qualified if you supported almost every disastrous trade agreement.

I don’t think you are qualified if you supported the Panama free trade agreement, something I very strongly opposed, which has gave the green light to wealthy people and corporations all over the world to avoid paying taxes owed to their countries.

link...

Besides, this foolish focus on who is elected to sit in the Oval Office is silly.
Noone who warms that chair has much say in actual politics.

The REAL shots are called by those holding the Gold. He who holds the Gold....remember the saying?
No matter who you "feel warm and fuzzy" voting for is inconsequential at days end.
Want to change America? Look for ways to change the flow of cash and who has it ;)

People are so distracted and silly in their notions.

Maybe you don't realize where this came from. It started with an interview Hillary did where they asked her if Bernie was qualified. She refused to answer that and then went on to say she doesn't think Bernie is even a democrat. Which is a convenient thing to push going into New York, a closed primary where only democrats can vote. If she's going to play the victim here alls I can say is she shouldn't be casting stones from that glass house of hers.

About - Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont

is previous 16 years in the House of Representatives make him the longest serving independent member of Congress in American history.

Saying he is not a democrat is not hard to justify when his own senate webpage says he is not a democrat but an independent.

And really, Sanders would have zero room for complaining about any one else "playing the victim".

Hillary is unqualified because she is a criminal and has zero real accomplishments in her 20+ years in public "service".

Besides, this foolish focus on who is elected to sit in the Oval Office is silly.
Noone who warms that chair has much say in actual politics.

The REAL shots are called by those holding the Gold. He who holds the Gold....remember the saying?
No matter who you "feel warm and fuzzy" voting for is inconsequential at days end.
Want to change America? Look for ways to change the flow of cash and who has it ;)

People are so distracted and silly in their notions.

Focus on the Presidency is merited. It is a crest jewel of the Earth.

It is a stupid argument, but I doubt it will cost him any significant votes. I really do wish he spent less time crying about people giving Clinton money like every other ****ing political candidate for office pretty much ever and more time explaining why his stance on issues is better, but that may just be me.

Hillary is just a standard, run-of-the-mill, status quo supporting, Corporate Republocrat. Is that so hard to hear? Sanders is right. Not that he can solve the problem, but Clinton is just a Corporate Candidate.

Do you know why republicans and democrats look so close to you? It is because you view them from so far off.

Do you know why republicans and democrats look so close to you? It is because you view them from so far off.

It's because I view them without partisan bias and look at their actions. They act very similarly. Hillary will be no different than Bush and Obama. She's a Corporate Candidate. Bought and paid for, toeing the party line, maintaining the status quo. She's out for her own power and fame, nothing more.

It's because I view them without partisan bias and look at their actions. They act very similarly. Hillary will be no different than Bush and Obama. She's a Corporate Candidate. Bought and paid for, toeing the party line, maintaining the status quo. She's out for her own power and fame, nothing more.

They act very similarly, except for all the differences. Simply because they are not differences you care about does not make them the same.

They act very similarly, except for all the differences. Simply because they are not differences you care about does not make them the same.

What differences? How they all grow government? How the all grow spending? How they all expand our interventionist wars? How they all expand Big Brother policies? How they all pander to Corporate demands? What differences? What are "all the differences"? Words, that's what they are. They speak a different game. They don't DO a different game, they act the same. But they do talk a different game, that's true. So words are your differences. Superb.

Meanwhile, nothing changes because the Republocrats move in the same direction.

What differences? How they all grow government? How the all grow spending? How they all expand our interventionist wars? How they all expand Big Brother policies? How they all pander to Corporate demands? What differences? What are "all the differences"? Words, that's what they are. They speak a different game. They don't DO a different game, they act the same. But they do talk a different game, that's true. So words are your differences. Superb.

Meanwhile, nothing changes because the Republocrats move in the same direction.

Thank you for basically proving my point. The problem is not that they are the same, only that you do not care about the differences.

Thank you for basically proving my point. The problem is not that they are the same, only that you do not care about the differences.

I didn't prove your point. You couldn't list any real differences. What are the differences?

I didn't prove your point. You couldn't list any real differences. What are the differences?

Tax policy
Abortion policy
Labor policy
Trade policy
Social policy
Educational policy

And so on and so forth.

Tax policy
Abortion policy
Labor policy
Trade policy
Social policy
Educational policy

And so on and so forth.

Interesting. So not so much on the details, but just listing things.

Tax policy, how is Hillary different from the status quo there? We raising Capital Gains taxes? Raising taxes on the upper 1 %? What are we funding with these taxes.

Abortion, there's a good talking point. SCOTUS ruled on it, it's a dead issue for the most part, but it's a good talking point. How is Hillary different from the status quo there?

Labor policy. Been a hot topic lately. What's Hillary's take on this, how is it different from the status quo? It's a good talking point, but what is she going to do? More protections for public sector unions? Less? Or are we just running our mouths about it, but will in effect do nothing?

Trade policy, always a good one. Bill pushed the Corporate sponsored NAFTA through, did well for this rich buddies. What's Hillary's take on this? What is she going to do that's different from the status quo?

Social policy, this is also a good one. People really like to run their mouths here, but we don't see too much happen. Remember when the market when boom over, in part, those mortgages. Who was it that gave a ton of money in bailouts to the banks while doing nothing for the People? Obama, right? Oh, we also got Obamacare, right? A nice little handout to the Insurance Companies, guaranteed full consumership through govenrment force. Woot! So what’s Hillary going to do that’s different from the status quo here? Talk a game, or do something? We expanding programs? Decreasing programs? Adding programs? Deleting programs? Single payer healthcare maybe?

So where are we at then. Educational policy. This one is also been a hot topic. What’s Hillary going to do that’s different from the status quo? We going to change how we fund things? Are we going to change how student loans are going to be handled/issued? Are we going to do something about the ballooning costs of college? What’s the plan here?

And there’s more!!! Holy cow. If only I could get all this and more for the low low price of 3 payments of 29.99. But like your candidate, Redress, you’ve provided no substance. Words. Words are wind. What are the actual dynamics that will be changed, what are the actual plans, and how are they different from the status quo? You want to say they’re different, yeah? Well where is the difference?

There’s only one candidate talking about being different, only one who brings up these points you’ve listed, and that’s Bernie Sanders. He’s the only non-corporate candidate out there, and because of that the DNC will try their best to keep him from the nomination. The party doesn’t want someone who won’t toe the party line.

It's been an unfortunate sequence of events.

1. Bernie again reveals himself to be a lightweight.
  2. Hillary when asked whether his performance is disqualifying gracefully demurs, instead pointing out the obvious ("...he hadn't done his homework and he'd been talking for more than a year about doing things that he obviously hadn't really studied or understood").
  3. Bernie goes ballistic, says more dumb things.

Apparently his goal in staying in until the convention isn't to push his issues, it's to escalate his mudslinging against Clinton. Fantastic.

It's been an unfortunate sequence of events.

1. Bernie again reveals himself to be a lightweight.
  2. Hillary when asked whether his performance is disqualifying gracefully demurs, instead pointing out the obvious ("...he hadn't done his homework and he'd been talking for more than a year about doing things that he obviously hadn't really studied or understood").
  3. Bernie goes ballistic, says more dumb things.

Apparently his goal in staying in until the convention isn't to push his issues, it's to escalate his mudslinging against Clinton. Fantastic.

Hillary Clinton is going to win the nomination...and then win the presidency.

I think everyone who favors a progressive agenda owe Bernie Sanders a big vote of thanks for sowing that our nation is not under the control of those who would move us back to the 18th century.

Bernie has done great things for Hillary Clinton...and for the country with his outspoken advocacy for issues too long getting short shrift. Good for him.

I hope he does not spoil things by getting nasty...now that we are nearing the end of this adventure.

Interesting. So not so much on the details, but just listing things.

Tax policy, how is Hillary different from the status quo there? We raising Capital Gains taxes? Raising taxes on the upper 1 %? What are we funding with these taxes.

Abortion, there's a good talking point. SCOTUS ruled on it, it's a dead issue for the most part, but it's a good talking point. How is Hillary different from the status quo there?

Labor policy. Been a hot topic lately. What's Hillary's take on this, how is it different from the status quo? It's a good talking point, but what is she going to do? More protections for public sector unions? Less? Or are we just running our mouths about it, but will in effect do nothing?

Trade policy, always a good one. Bill pushed the Corporate sponsored NAFTA through, did well for this rich buddies. What's Hillary's take on this? What is she going to do that's different from the status quo?

Social policy, this is also a good one. People really like to run their mouths here, but we don't see too much happen. Remember when the market when boom over, in part, those mortgages. Who was it that gave a ton of money in bailouts to the banks while doing nothing for the People? Obama, right? Oh, we also got Obamacare, right? A nice little handout to the Insurance Companies, guaranteed full consumership through govenrment force. Woot! So what’s Hillary going to do that’s different from the status quo here? Talk a game, or do something? We expanding programs? Decreasing programs? Adding programs? Deleting programs? Single payer healthcare maybe?

So where are we at then. Educational policy. This one is also been a hot topic. What’s Hillary going to do that’s different from the status quo? We going to change how we fund things? Are we going to change how student loans are going to be handled/issued? Are we going to do something about the ballooning costs of college? What’s the plan here?

And there’s more!!! Holy cow. If only I could get all this and more for the low low price of 3 payments of 29.99. But like your candidate, Redress, you’ve provided no substance. Words. Words are wind. What are the actual dynamics that will be changed, what are the actual plans, and how are they different from the status quo? You want to say they’re different, yeah? Well where is the difference?

There’s only one candidate talking about being different, only one who brings up these points you’ve listed, and that’s Bernie Sanders. He’s the only non-corporate candidate out there, and because of that the DNC will try their best to keep him from the nomination. The party doesn’t want someone who won’t toe the party line.

Do you not know how to google? Forbes Welcome

Do you not know how to google? Forbes Welcome

Is it my job to make your argument for you?

So we have some claim of proposed capital gains. Good. And what about this list you made here? What about the big stuff? Where is she on the wars? On Big Brother? On government expansion? On government debt? On corporate donations to the political parties? To campaign finance reform?

We got capital gains now. What about the rest?

Heh. She's got more qualifications than he does, however undistinguished she was.

Back
Top Bottom