• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sanders endorses Clinton. But,

ipsofacto

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I'm still not voting for her.

I would be interested to know, if some Democrats will answer, why Hillary over Sanders?

Stein would have made a good running mate for Sanders

Stein offered to run with Sanders. He said no. Seems as if he hates Republicans more than he loves his principals. Just a typical whipped liberal sellout.

I would be interested to know, if some Democrats will answer, why Hillary over Sanders?

It's for a multitude of reasons, well beyond the fact that we absolutely cannot have a President Donald Trump, though that by itself would be enough to vote for her. I'd get into the details, but frankly there are some people on DP who are not ready for that level of logical discourse. In summary, Hillary Clinton is by far the most wrongly vilified political figure in my lifetime, with the only possible exception being Barack Obama. And I cannot help but think that misogyny has a lot to do with this.

Stein offered to run with Sanders. He said no. Seems as if he hates Republicans more than he loves his principals. Just a typical whipped liberal sellout.

Why would someone who is not nominated announce a running mate? Clinton hasn't even done that.

Why would someone who is not nominated announce a running mate? Clinton hasn't even done that.

No rule against it. If you already have enough delegates to win I don't see the problem with it.

It's for a multitude of reasons, well beyond the fact that we absolutely cannot have a President Donald Trump, though that by itself would be enough to vote for her. I'd get into the details, but frankly there are some people on DP who are not ready for that level of logical discourse. In summary, Hillary Clinton is by far the most wrongly vilified political figure in my lifetime, with the only possible exception being Barack Obama. And I cannot help but think that misogyny has a lot to do with this.

I don't think misogyny is the issue. I'm a Democrat who can't stand her and think she is one of the worst candidates we've had in a very long time. To start with, the wife of a past president makes corruption seem almost obvious.

I don't think misogyny is the issue. I'm a Democrat who can't stand her and think she is one of the worst candidates we've had in a very long time. To start with, the wife of a past president makes corruption seem almost obvious.

My point exactly. How many male presidential candidates have we had who were scrutinized this much in terms of their wives?

My point exactly. How many male presidential candidates have we had who were scrutinized this much in terms of their wives?

How many wives of a past president ran for the same office? To my knowledge, never happened.

How many wives of a past president ran for the same office? To my knowledge, never happened.

Doesn't matter. Hillary and Bill are two separate people. And oh yeah, contrary to what the Right Wing Hate Machine would have us believe, Bill was actually one of our better presidents. Dat Clinton economy* and Clinton surplus, anyone?

* - For the naysayers, I am fully aware that Clinton alone did not cause the excellent economy of the late 1990s. But he sure didn't get in the way of it.

Doesn't matter. Hillary and Bill are two separate people. And oh yeah, contrary to what the Right Wing Hate Machine would have us believe, Bill was actually one of our better presidents. Dat Clinton economy* and Clinton surplus, anyone?

* - For the naysayers, I am fully aware that Clinton alone did not cause the excellent economy of the late 1990s. But he sure didn't get in the way of it.

Not sure what that meant. Are you voting for Hillary because you want Bill to be a leader in her presidency?

Not sure what that meant. Are you voting for Hillary because you want Bill to be a leader in her presidency?

You really should ready what I already said in post #8 before making a silly comment like that. Still, you confirmed some of the things I said there.

And why exactly is that a problem? We've had other relatives of former presidents run. The Kennedys and the Bushes were political dynasties. They are all very well respected within their parties at least. Why is it only a wife running that's a problem? Dick Chenney's wife ran for Senate I believe.

You mean "dat Gingrich economy"?

And why exactly is that a problem? We've had other relatives of former presidents run. The Kennedys and the Bushes were political dynasties. They are all very well respected within their parties at least. Why is it only a wife running that's a problem? Dick Chenney's wife ran for Senate I believe.

GW Bush was one of the worst US presidents. My point made.

GW Bush was one of the worst US presidents. My point made.

And what about the Kennedy's? Your hatred of Bush is only due to your apparent hatred of Republicans. Republicans still think he did a great job. With Hillary however you're hating a Democrat just because she's related to another democrat, even though her actual views on things are very much like her husbands, and most other democrats.

And what about the Kennedy's? Your hatred of Bush is only due to your apparent hatred of Republicans. Republicans still think he did a great job. With Hillary however you're hating a Democrat just because she's related to another democrat, even though her actual views on things are very much like her husbands, and most other democrats.

I didn't mention the Kennedy clan, don't really care about it. Bush lied about Iraq and killed 750,000 innocent Iraqis. And the economy collapsed. One of worst US presidents. And I don't "hate" anything, not interested in discussing emotions.

I cannot speak for others, but I prefer her stance on issues. Just because something is good, does not mean you need to do it to the extreme. A raise in minimum wage good. More than doubling it, that might be too much. Working to make secondary education is good. Free college for all has it's problems. And so on and so forth. Add in that to the belief among many of us that Clinton has a better chance to win against Trump, and it makes it an easy choice.

What part of supporting the candidate most like himself with a reasonable chance to win against a much worse candidate is selling out?

Back
Top Bottom