• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sanders Downsizes Campaign

Why not vote for Trump then? You are helping him already by not voting so why not just admit you like Trump better and vote for him?
Because I don't support Clinton nor Trump. Duh.

That should be pretty obvious. If I even convince myself to vote I'm voting third party.

That should be pretty obvious. If I even convince myself to vote I'm voting third party.

But you ARE supporting Trump by not voting or voting 3rd party. Why do you think Trump wants Sanders to run as an independent? Because that is the only way he could win.

If Bernie ran as an independent, Hillary's chances of winning would disappear.

But you ARE supporting Trump by not voting or voting 3rd party. Why do you think Trump wants Sanders to run as an independent? Because that is the only way he could win.
*Facepalm* I am not supporting Trump. End of story.

If Bernie ran as an independent, Hillary's chances of winning would disappear.

An Trumps chances would go up immeasurably, that is why Sanders ruled that out form the start. He's no fool even if some of his supporters are.

LOL Yes ANYONE is better than Trump.

Well, if it comes down between the two, (and it most likely will,) the American voter, (and non-voter alike,) deserves whatever it gets. We survived Bush II. We can survive anyone.

If the nation insists on peeing on an electric fence, I will not be joining them.

*Facepalm* I am not supporting Trump. End of story.

LOL That is what all those Naders fans said in 2000 about supporting Bush but they got him elected just the same. If Trump wins you will be one of the reasons. Live with that or hold your nose and vote for Hillary. That is what Sanders will do.

An Trumps chances would go up immeasurably, that is why Sanders ruled that out form the start. He's no fool even if some of his supporters are.

And if Trump gets rooked out of his nomination and he runs independently, Hillary's chances go up immeasurably. There is some potential for some true-life drama, hey?

Either way, Clinton, Cruz, Trump, Sanders, whoever wins, it will be like winning the Special Olympics. You get a neat ribbon but you're still retarded. (Or, hmmmmph.... mentally challenged I should say.)

Well, if it comes down between the two, (and it most likely will,) the American voter, (and non-voter alike,) deserves whatever it gets. We survived Bush II. We can survive anyone.

If the nation insists on peeing on an electric fence, I will not be joining them.

You survived but 1000's of Americans did not. The majority of Americans did not want GW Bush but a few Nader supporters decided the election for us. Do you want that blood on your hands like those that voted for Nader?

Speak for yourself. As a non-voter YOU will deserve what we get with Trump, Hillary voters not so much.

I can't make myself vote for Trump either.

It's a horse-a-piece. If Trump gets elected and I voted for him, I would shoulder the blame. If Hillary wins, and I voted for her, I would shoulder the blame. If I go fishing instead, and the cards fall where they may, I still shoulder the blame. But at least I will have fish for dinner.

You guys could also show up and vote for democrats on the down-ticket...you know, the ones that really matter.

Bernie is a great guy and all, but even if he were president, without democrats in the house and senate, he'd never get anything done. If you don't vote, you're hurting your cause (and his) A LOT more than just voting for Hillary or Trump would be.

But hey, I did find a video that accurately explains how Sanders could still pull this delegate math thing off. Pay attention, because it's pretty complicated.

I can't make myself vote for Trump either.

It's a horse-a-piece. If Trump gets elected and I voted for him, I would shoulder the blame. If Hillary wins, and I voted for her, I would shoulder the blame. If I go fishing instead, and the cards fall where they may, I still shoulder the blame. But at least I will have fish for dinner.

So you think there is no difference between Hillary and Trump? Think again. Trump would be a world-wide disaster for American interests. World leaders would not give him the time of day, they believe he is a bad joke. If you cared a hoot about America you would vote to stop him but you would rather fish. Very sad.

The Sanders campaign is apparently laying off several hundred staffers. The argument is that they have less need since there aren't as many states ahead, however as the CNN article notes this isn't the act of a campaign that expects it will need to keep its staff in place ahead of the general election. I think we're heading into the final month and a half of the campaign.

Bernie Sanders laying off hundreds of campaign staffers - CNNPolitics.com

Keep dreaming, Bernie has stated ad nausea that he's going to the convention. Of course, you irrationally consider him a horrible person. So it's no surprise at your concerted effort towards cognitive dissonance and ignorance here.

So you think there is no difference between Hillary and Trump? Think again. Trump would be a world-wide disaster for American interests. World leaders would not give him the time of day, they believe he is a bad joke. If you cared a hoot about America you would vote to stop him but you would rather fish. Very sad.

Well, I'm all for saving America but voting for Hillary ain't gonna do it.

And, at my age, I'd rather fish than ****.

You guys could also show up and vote for democrats on the down-ticket...you know, the ones that really matter.

Bernie is a great guy and all, but even if he were president, without democrats in the house and senate, he'd never get anything done. If you don't vote, you're hurting your cause (and his) A LOT more than just voting for Hillary or Trump would be.

But hey, I did find a video that accurately explains how Sanders could still pull this delegate math thing off. Pay attention, because it's pretty complicated.

Good point. That may be a good reason to vote. To boot out the GOP dominating congress.

Well, I'm all for saving America but voting for Hillary ain't gonna do it.

And, at my age, I'd rather fish than ****.

So you would rather break American further with Trump? Like I said you don't care. Just admit it, you want Trump to win, cause it would be "cool" to see what a mess he makes. The fact that Hillary will support MOST of what Sanders wants is immaterial.

Last edited:
So you would rather break American further with Trump? Like I said you don't care. Just admit it, you want Trump to win, cause it would be "cool" to see what a mess he makes. The fact that Hillary will support MOST of what Sanders wants is immaterial.

I think this the first time I have ever awarded anyone with two face palms in one day.

Winner, winner. Catfish dinner!

View attachment 67200681

You take life and politics way too seriously. Politics is merely the entertainment division of the military-industrial complex, and nobody is getting out of life alive.
Furthermore, Hillary Clinton Is the Candidate of the War Machine, not Bernie Sanders.

Bernie ought to just throw in the towel. All he's doing now is just wasting time and money.

I don't think that Bernie was ever running for POTUS. I think that his goal was Vice-President all along. It gives him a nice cushy, lower stress job than President and provides him with a soapbox from which to shout his ideas.

Personally, I think that Bernie would be hard pressed to survive a term as President due to his age and the incredibly damaging effect that being President has on one's health (look at Pres. Obama, he looks like he's aged 20 years in the last 7 years). I think that Bernie knows this and knows that this is his chance to hit the national stage with his message and pull in enough support to make him the #1 pick for VP.

You survived but 1000's of Americans did not. The majority of Americans did not want GW Bush but a few Nader supporters decided the election for us. Do you want that blood on your hands like those that voted for Nader?
So who cares about the will of the people right? Since we the people are too stupid to make good decisions (good meaning whatever you want for the country). This must be China. And you must be Jackie Chan.

No. There isn't.
Scenario: Trump gets elected. Trump realizes he has bat**** chance of getting his crazy ideas passed through congress (or he never planned to to begin with which is what I believe). He becomes a centrist out of necessity, does little, keeps the status quo.
Scenario: Clinton gets elected. Clinton is the Queen of status quo centrist. Nothing moves forward, life as it was, is, and shall be.
Please point to me the difference.
Losing is losing. And settling for losing just a smidge less is the kind of pathetic world that the modern, spineless American (all of us) have created.

I don't think that Bernie was ever running for POTUS. I think that his goal was Vice-President all along. It gives him a nice cushy, lower stress job than President and provides him with a soapbox from which to shout his ideas.
Personally, I think that Bernie would be hard pressed to survive a term as President due to his age and the incredibly damaging effect that being President has on one's health (look at Pres. Obama, he looks like he's aged 20 years in the last 7 years). I think that Bernie knows this and knows that this is his chance to hit the national stage with his message and pull in enough support to make him the #1 pick for VP.
I don't think Sanders has proven himself to be as dishonest as you give him credit for. But to each their own. I won't dignify the "he's so old" bit except to say you think Clinton is in perfect health?

You take life and politics way too seriously. Politics is merely the entertainment division of the military-industrial complex, and nobody is getting out of life alive.
Furthermore, Hillary Clinton Is the Candidate of the War Machine, not Bernie Sanders.

The Huff post is in bed with Sanders so.... I'll take my chances with any Democrat over ANY Republican as far a wars go. Trump says he will defeat ISIS in "no time", and that means another quagmire. Hillary will continue Obama's war policies which means keeping the locals doing the heavy lifting.

Keep dreaming, Bernie has stated ad nausea that he's going to the convention. Of course, you irrationally consider him a horrible person. So it's no surprise at your concerted effort towards cognitive dissonance and ignorance here.

I've never once said he's a horrible person and it's a reasonable inference to draw from the evidence. He wouldn't be the first candidate to go back on his word to fight to the end when the opportunity for a graceful exit presents itself. That being said I think you're right and that he will wait to the convention before conceding but I think he will slow the attacks on Clinton and begin to ramp down his expenditures.

Back
Top Bottom