• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sanctity of Marriage? MY ***!

Binary_Digit

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
All this bullshit about protecting the sanctity of marriage by making sure it's only between a man and a woman is ridiculous. Oh, we don't give a **** if two people actually love each other, or even if they stay together for life, as long as they're opposite sexes right? Who cares if they get married in Vegas and get a divorce two weeks later? As long as they were opposite sex, the sanctity of marriage is protected and safe! How ****ing stupid can you be?

What the **** is the sanctity of marriage anyway? A lasting love between two people? Nope. A life-long partnership? Negative. A sacred committment? Not even close. Those things aren't important to the homophobes. Somehow love has nothing to do with it anymore. Just make sure only hetero couples can get married and all is peachy. Obviously, God doesn't care if a hetero marriage is dysfunctional or self-destructive, since nobody is pushing for an Amendment to ban divorce or affairs or marriages of financial convenience. Homophobes are the ones undermining the sanctity of marriage, by leaving love completely out of the equation. ****ing bigots, take your idea of "marriage" and shove it!

Binary_Digit said:
All this bullshit about protecting the sanctity of marriage by making sure it's only between a man and a woman is ridiculous. Oh, we don't give a **** if two people actually love each other, or even if they stay together for life, as long as they're opposite sexes right? Who cares if they get married in Vegas and get a divorce two weeks later? As long as they were opposite sex, the sanctity of marriage is protected and safe! How ****ing stupid can you be?

What the **** is the sanctity of marriage anyway? A lasting love between two people? Nope. A life-long partnership? Negative. A sacred committment? Not even close. Those things aren't important to the homophobes. Somehow love has nothing to do with it anymore. Just make sure only hetero couples can get married and all is peachy. Obviously, God doesn't care if a hetero marriage is dysfunctional or self-destructive, since nobody is pushing for an Amendment to ban divorce or affairs or marriages of financial convenience. Homophobes are the ones undermining the sanctity of marriage, by leaving love completely out of the equation. ****ing bigots, take your idea of "marriage" and shove it!

:clap: You totally rock, Binary. You have articulated how I feel but in a way that is much better than I could do or have done in the past. Bravo. These amendments to ban gay marriage make me f***ing sick.

Thanks Aps! Feel free to use whatever you want from this for your own posts. I just don't want to put forth the effort of not cussing someone out over this, so I came here instead. :2razz:

Binary_Digit said:
Thanks Aps! Feel free to use whatever you want from this for your own posts. I just don't want to put forth the effort of not cussing someone out over this, so I came here instead. :2razz:

If you see a woman protesting the banning of gay marriage in Virginia and she says the same stuff you said in your initial post, that will be me. ;)

(Virginia is seeking to ban gay marriage. *sigh*)

If my neighbors buy a new car, that doesn't make mine any less valuble. They aren't taking anything away from me at all.

Same thing when other people get married, as it doesn't diminish from mine in any possible way. If the only value people can find in their own marriage is through the knowlege that others are denied it, perhaps they should rethink their priorities.

F@ckin' "A"....well said.

Back
Top Bottom