• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

San Francisco Teachers Union Offers Anti-Trump Lesson Plan [W:124]

ocean515

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
San Francisco Teachers Union Offers Anti-Trump Lesson Plan - ABC News

The union representing San Francisco's public school teachers has offered a classroom lesson plan that calls President-elect Donald Trump a racist and sexist man who became president "by pandering to a huge racist and sexist base."

The United Educators of San Francisco posted the plan on its website and distributed the plan via an email newsletter to its more than 6,000 members. The school district has more than 57,000 students.

It is unclear how many teachers have used the plan outlined by a Mission High School teacher, said union spokesman Matthew Hardy and school district spokeswoman Gentle Blythe on Wednesday.​

For those interested, here is the plan referenced in the ABC News article above

http://www.uesf.org/wp-content/uploads/nov2016-election-lesson-plan.pdf

So, if anyone wants to wonder where the "conditioning" comes from, where the ideas and emotional crisis is being fostered, you can start in our childrens classrooms.

Thoughts?

I know I have many..........

The union representing San Francisco's public school teachers has offered a classroom lesson plan that calls President-elect Donald Trump a racist and sexist man who became president "by pandering to a huge racist and sexist base."

The United Educators of San Francisco posted the plan on its website and distributed the plan via an email newsletter to its more than 6,000 members. The school district has more than 57,000 students.

It is unclear how many teachers have used the plan outlined by a Mission High School teacher, said union spokesman Matthew Hardy and school district spokeswoman Gentle Blythe on Wednesday.​

So, if anyone wants to wonder where the "conditioning" comes from, where the ideas and emotional crisis is being fostered, you can start in our childrens classrooms.

Thoughts?

There is are federal laws against inciting insurrection, sedition, subversion, and rebellion.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2383

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-115

Given the ties between the unions and the Democratic Party, this should be dealt with by the Justice Department.

Hmm...that lesson plan seems a little one sided.

I wonder if she wants teachers to validate the feelings of students who support Trump too?

I particularly like point #5. It's important for kids to learn that there is no "losing" and that not winning simply means that the other guys cheated and are oppressing you. That's a life lesson none of us should live without!!

There is are federal laws against inciting insurrection, sedition, subversion, and rebellion.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2383

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-115

Given the ties between the unions and the Democratic Party, this should be dealt with by the Justice Department.

If you go to the United Educators of San Francisco, they have links directly to the NEA, the National Teachers Union.

People should know the President of the NEA is currently serving as the Chairman of the Board of George Soros Democracy Alliance.

John C. Stocks - Democracy Alliance

These are the people we are being forced to allow to educate our children.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Yes.

They should be defunded.

If you go to the United Educators of San Francisco, they have links directly to the NEA, the National Teachers Union.

People should know the President of the NEA is currently serving as the Chairman of the Board of George Soros Democracy Alliance.

John C. Stocks - Democracy Alliance

These are the people we are being forced to allow to educate our children.

Public sector unions should be outlawed. Including teachers unions.

F.D.R. Warned Us About Public Sector Unions | NY Times

Thoughts? Yes.

They should be defunded.

I agree.

As evidenced by the lesson plan, connection to similar hateful propaganda from the NEA, any question about the influence and agenda being feed to our Nations children should no longer be in question.

Parents need to take a stand, and take back education from the ideologically warped who are teaching our children.

This is not education, this is indoctrination.

...and the SJW's and other progressives wonder about how the current election results came about. :shrug:

Thoughts?

These people who try to undermine America and have long been doing it are now so bold as to work out in the open.

THis will not end well for them.

I am OK with that.

That "lesson plan" is NAKED indoctrination.

Absolutely naked indoctrination. Teachers like this are teaching lies to our children. I hope as word spreads of this unions activity, and that of the NEA, citizens take all necessary action to remove these people from the field of education.

They have ZERO business being educators.

Thoughts?

Well, you left this line out of the article:
Blythe said the plan is an option and not part of the official curriculum.

I wonder why you did that.

The guy is just a teacher who submitted an idea for a topic in class, that is BTW, is backed up by everything Trump has said. The kids are thinking it too: they can read and watch the news, and they have parents who have probably said the very same things, so putting it out there can only be good as a civics lesson. And while they're talking about it, things like, oh I dunno; The Civil War, or WWII might come up, just for contrast and comparison: ya'know a full learning session(s).

The guy is just a teacher who submitted an idea for a topic in class, that is BTW, is backed up by everything Trump has said. The kids are thinking it too: they can read and watch the news, and they have parents who have probably said the very same things, so putting it out there can only be good as a civics lesson. And they're talking about it, things like, oh I dunno; The Civil War, or WWII might come up, just for contrast and comparison: ya'know a full learning session(s).

Your OP is ridiculous.

It could be worse, but this is bad enough to be alarming.

It could be worse, but this is bad enough to be alarming.

There was nothing wrong with talking about that racist governor George Wallace was there?

Absolutely naked indoctrination. Teachers like this are teaching lies to our children. I hope as word spreads of this unions activity, and that of the NEA, citizens take all necessary action to remove these people from the field of education.

They have ZERO business being educators.

So, was discussing George Wallace as a racist at that time naked indoctrination too, or was there some truth in it?

And isn't Trump to be held responsible for what he says and does, or is best just sweep it under the rug and teach how conservatism is the only thing that will save America?

The guy is just a teacher who submitted an idea for a topic in class, that is BTW, is backed up by everything Trump has said. The kids are thinking it too: they can read and watch the news, and they have parents who have probably said the very same things, so putting it out there can only be good as a civics lesson. And while they're talking about it, things like, oh I dunno; The Civil War, or WWII might come up, just for contrast and comparison: ya'know a full learning session(s).

Your OP is ridiculous.

What difference does that make? Did you not notice the lines above that? Are you going to tell everyone that not one single teacher adopted the plan?

They sent out 6,000 emails to their membership.

Please go right ahead and present that evidence.

Children should not be required to learn the lies, deceit and fabrication Hillary, her political machine, and her MSM partners invented about President Elect Trump.

Trump is none of the things the left invented.

I have no problem with intellectually vacant adults clinging to the lies they are trained to follow, but our children are hands off the BS propaganda.

Frankly, your response is ridiculous, given the nature of the report, which you chose to ignore and excuse.

I miss the days when teachers simply taught students to sing songs of praise to the glorious leader like they did when Obama was elected. Now they they just indoctrinate them with lies to help their cause.

It is California the land of fruit nuts and sticks up liberal buts.

So, was discussing George Wallace as a racist at that time naked indoctrination too, or was there some truth in it?

And isn't Trump to be held responsible for what he says and does, or is best just sweep it under the rug and teach how conservatism is the only thing that will save America?

President Elect Trump should not be held responsible for the lies, deceit, and fraud committed by Hillary, her campaign and the MSM partners she used to spread them.

There was nothing wrong with talking about that racist governor George Wallace was there?

I very much doubt that the schools of the time inserted themselves as poltical arbiters.

Because teachers were smarter back then.

As well as more decent.

and more honest.

And just better.

Overall.

:2wave:

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I would cut all federal funding. Let them eat cake.

Thoughts? Yes.

They should be defunded.

That's not enough. They need to have their teacher's licences pulled indefinitely and not be allowed to hold a public position that has any authority over children. You can't leave this type of naked indoctrination mentality be left around. If this was blocked or cancelled, they'd just figure out a different, more subtle, way to indoctrinate our children.

That's not enough. They need to have their teacher's licences pulled indefinitely and not be allowed to hold a public position that has any authority over children. You can't leave this type of naked indoctrination mentality be left around. If this was blocked or cancelled, they'd just figure out a different, more subtle, way to indoctrinate our children.

This is what people have a should be demonstrating about, not that their peers chose the "wrong" person for the job.

Depends on how you frame it. From what I remember from when I was in school it basically racism bad=George Wallace bad, which overall wasn't that thought invoking or educational.

I would cut all federal funding. Let them eat cake.

I truly hope, once he is in office, President Trump follows through with his plans regarding sanctuary cities. California is a cancer that needs to radical treatment.

What difference does that make? Did you not notice the lines above that? Are you going to tell everyone that not one single teacher adopted the plan?

They sent out 6,000 emails to their membership.

Please go right ahead and present that evidence.

Children should not be required to learn the lies, deceit and fabrication Hillary, her political machine, and her MSM partners invented about President Elect Trump.

Trump is none of the things the left invented.

I have no problem with intellectually vacant adults clinging to the lies they are trained to follow, but our children are hands off the BS propaganda.

Frankly, your response is ridiculous, given the nature of the report, which you chose to ignore and excuse.

You're overreacting again. Teachers, we can bet, have already been talking about this from the time Trump started making an idiots of himself, so this guy's idea for a subject is nothing new. He's thinking that since it's true the schools might as well make an issue of it.

Back
Top Bottom