• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

San Francisco may name sewage treatment plant after Bush

Could be fun.

We need the Reagan old folks home

We need the Clinton Whore House and Brothel. Could also have the Clinton Office of Sexual Counseling specializing in women taken advantage of by teachers/employer's/etc

We need the Jimmy Carter Carreer Development and Counseling Facility...cause, people shouldn't make the same mistake Jimmy did and get a job you suck at.

George H. W. Bush Flip Flop Factory

We could rename the FBI's main training center the Nixon Espionage Educational Center

:rofl Absolutely hilariously. I would SO vote for that. +1 to you my good sir.

It is VERY disgraceful to give your president an embarrassing memorial like that. >_< How would you feel if someone did that to you? We are supposed to show a certain amount of respect to our presidents whether or not we agree with them. San Fran is just making CA look bad and reinforcing their stereotype of selfish, nuts.

I'd say the same if somebody did name an adult thing after Clinton. It's not nice, and very tacky, and makes America look like it has no respect.

Or, maybe it makes america look like we have a sense of humour. I don't know about you but I'm tired of being the rich arogant uncle who sits in the corner and constantly complains that everybody else doesn't work hard enough. Sometimes I want to be the fun uncle, so sue me.

So then you would have no problem with say a Dr. Martin Luther King state prison?

Ouch! Good one.

They kind already do though. Have you ever noticed that MLK drive is ALWAYS the most dangerous place in the entire city, or at least in a very very bad neighborhood? He must be in heaven like "Oh, thanks guys. That's great..."

Ouch! Good one.

They kind already do though. Have you ever noticed that MLK drive is ALWAYS the most dangerous place in the entire city, or at least in a very very bad neighborhood? He must be in heaven like "Oh, thanks guys. That's great..."

That is a comedic routine. The one in ALbuquerque last time i was there was not in a dangerous place. I am sure there are others.

That is a comedic routine. The one in ALbuquerque last time i was there was not in a dangerous place. I am sure there are others.

Ok so not always, but do you deny that more often than not what I said is true? And I wasn't aware it was a comedic routine, do you know who did it? I think I'd like to watch, I usually enjoy humor like that.

Ok so not always, but do you deny that more often than not what I said is true? And I wasn't aware it was a comedic routine, do you know who did it? I think I'd like to watch, I usually enjoy humor like that.

usually it is found in inner cities around large african American populations. the crime rate in the area is not a factor in where they put the street.

usually it is found in inner cities around large african American populations. the crime rate in the area is not a factor in where they put the street.

Geez, I'm sorry Mr. Difficult. I just just joking around and stating an ironic fact of life. Yes, crime rate isn't a factor in where they decide to put it, it's just that crime is typically found in inner cities with large african american populations.

BTW do you have a response yet for your position on the term "living document"? I'm still waiting. :mrgreen:

Geez, I'm sorry Mr. Difficult. I just just joking around and stating an ironic fact of life. Yes, crime rate isn't a factor in where they decide to put it, it's just that crime is typically found in inner cities with large african american populations.

You think I take the internets seriously? Must not have used the right emoticon...

BTW do you have a response yet for your position on the term "living document"? I'm still waiting. :mrgreen:

Long time ago,

I can't find his stand up about MLK, but check this out:

YouTube - Tupac Shakur Boulevard

LOL I remember your saying the very same thing when I reported that people had booed Bush at a baseball game. I totally know what you're saying.

However, I agree with SouthernBelle. They showed footage this week of Bush coming out of Air Force One and waving to 2 guys who would not wave back. Bush gave them a "Hello???" wave, and nothing. No matter how much I can't stand the guy, I would still wave to him if I saw him.

That'd be my thought too. I may not have a lot of like for George W. Bush, but one way or another I will...as long as I am still an American and I doubt that'll change anytime in the near or long future...always respect the office of the presidency. I don't care it was Hillary Clinton, who I can't stand, that got into the office I would still show respect and courtesy and class should I ever have had the chance to meet or interact in any way with her simply because of respect for the office itself.

That'd be my thought too. I may not have a lot of like for George W. Bush, but one way or another I will...as long as I am still an American and I doubt that'll change anytime in the near or long future...always respect the office of the presidency. I don't care it was Hillary Clinton, who I can't stand, that got into the office I would still show respect and courtesy and class should I ever have had the chance to meet or interact in any way with her simply because of respect for the office itself.

Yes that's what I tried to say ^^ You said it better, lol.

I look at it like it was a way of showing disapproval without being disrespectful. It would be different if they flipped him off or mooned him. (I remember someone mooning him when he was campaigning in 2000) It was more an act (actually inaction) akin to civil disobedience. I don't think titles automatically dictate respect.

I look at it like it was a way of showing disapproval without being disrespectful. It would be different if they flipped him off or mooned him. (I remember someone mooning him when he was campaigning in 2000) It was more an act (actually inaction) akin to civil disobedience. I don't think titles automatically dictate respect.

Indeed. Just look at the president of Zimbabwe for an example.

Yeah, like Freedom fries. :roll:

Well ya.. We soooo had to call them Freedom fries. It is a respectful gesture to the people of Freedomia for giving us a great statue that represents what we are all about.

I can't think of any way to show more respect for everything this country stands for than to not feel obligated to show respect to someone you simply do not respect.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to show as much respect as you want. I personally think it's just as American to show as little respect as you actually feel.

I didn't say it was unamerican to not show respect to the president or the office of the President. I just said I, myself, do not feel its right to not. To each their own, I fully understand that

I didn't say it was unamerican to not show respect to the president or the office of the President. I just said I, myself, do not feel its right to not. To each their own, I fully understand that

Drastic times call for drastic measures. (Drastic maybe for one sticking to a path of non-voilence)

I can't think of any way to show more respect for everything this country stands for than to not feel obligated to show respect to someone you simply do not respect.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to show as much respect as you want. I personally think it's just as American to show as little respect as you actually feel.

I sympathize with this line of thinking a great deal. Many here are saying that we must 'respect the office' and that no matter how much we don't like the guy ... etc.

It isn't a matter of just not liking the guy.

I can't get past my firmly held conclusion that he has deliberately deceived this nation and that many many people have died as a result. It isn't just that I disagree with his policies or think that he is a bit crooked. It is that I believe he is sociopathically crooked. It's as is Conservatives believe that one day Liberals woke up in the morning and said "hmmm, today I think I'll try and find ways to hate Bush"

Not this liberal. I actually believed the "uniter notta divider" BS even though I thought he was a patent phony. While I became disillusioned with that I could still 'respect the office'. It was only during the runup to the Iraq war that I became increasingly alarmed at his fundamental character. My concerns have been more than justified. Bush deserves my disdain.

Sewage treatment facilities are entities in humble service to all of society, as a President ought to be. It is far too good a memorial for Bush. I would vote against it for that reason.

Last edited:
Link to article

Ok, this obviously isn't a change your life kind of story but still, its kinda funny. Love him or hate him you at least have to give these guys credit for being creative. Do you think it has any chance of passing?

Christ, I hope so. :lol:

Ouch! Good one.

Lies. Our MLK Blvd runs through Downtown here in Charlotte, Near the Nascar Hall of fame!! See what happens when you make a gross generalization...:doh

I am sorry, I have to disagree. Respect is something that you earn. Winning a popularity contest does not equal earning respect.

Of course you disagree. True respect is not something commonly found anymore. And this is excatly what is wrong with America today. The respect is for the office. Do you think there was some grand respect for President Clinton from the military throughout the 90s? Did you see us going out of our way to disrespect the man in such fashion? Have you seen me run around and disgrace him on this site? Do we in uniform respect the rank before the man or seek ways to disgrace based on personal weakness to control emotion upon the individual?

Respect for the President of the United States is about the office and public humiliation in the manner in which some Americans deem cute is a shame upon us all.

Last edited:
Of course you disagree. True respect is not something commonly found anymore. And this is excatly what is wrong with America today. The respect is for the office. Do you think there was some grand respect for President Clinton from the military throughout the 90s? Did you see us going out of our way to disrespect the man in such fashion? Have you seen me run around and disgrace him on this site? Do we in uniform respect the rank before the man or seek ways to disgrace based on personal weakness to control emotion upon the individual?

Respect for the President of the United States is about the office and public humiliation in the manner in which some Americans deem cute is a shame upon us all.

Respect is earned through deeds and the content of character. I am sure, given your title, you aren't allowed to show the President anything but respect. For me, as a private citizen, I am not required to. It's one of the things I thought made this country great. Fascists require respect. If "respect" is mandatory for the office of President then I fail to see how that is different than many other countries. It flies in the face of free speech. I don't see how a title is above ridicule or public shaming. If the office is that great, I don't see how it is damaged by such action. The office can't be torn down by insult.

What do you think true respect is? I'm interested to know how you define it. I would like to know how that is what is wrong with our country. I could very easily say that our elected officials not giving The People true respect is what is wrong with our country.

Back
Top Bottom