• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

San Francisco may name sewage treatment plant after Bush

Indy

Phoenecian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link to article

Reagan has his highways. Lincoln has his memorial. Washington has the capital, and a state, too. But President George W. Bush may soon be the sole president to have a memorial named after him that you can contribute to from the bathroom.

Ok, this obviously isn't a change your life kind of story but still, its kinda funny. Love him or hate him you at least have to give these guys credit for being creative. Do you think it has any chance of passing?

LOL they want a simultaneous flush in the city during the inauguration. :mrgreen:

I always thought that people never really got the humor of freedom fries.

It is funny that they took french out of the name, but it's way more funny that they replaced it with freedom.

It shows how Republicans view the word freedom as totally empty rhetoric- it litterally can be used to replace any word- it's actual meaning is irrelevant.

Could be fun.

We need the Reagan old folks home

We need the Clinton Whore House and Brothel. Could also have the Clinton Office of Sexual Counseling specializing in women taken advantage of by teachers/employer's/etc

We need the Jimmy Carter Carreer Development and Counseling Facility...cause, people shouldn't make the same mistake Jimmy did and get a job you suck at.

George H. W. Bush Flip Flop Factory

We could rename the FBI's main training center the Nixon Espionage Educational Center

Well, it is San Fransisco. Are we supposed to expect anything more than this? I wonder if they managed to save those whales or free Tibet yet.

It is VERY disgraceful to give your president an embarrassing memorial like that. >_< How would you feel if someone did that to you? We are supposed to show a certain amount of respect to our presidents whether or not we agree with them. San Fran is just making CA look bad and reinforcing their stereotype of selfish, nuts.

I'd say the same if somebody did name an adult thing after Clinton. It's not nice, and very tacky, and makes America look like it has no respect.

Well, it is San Fransisco. Are we supposed to expect anything more than this? I wonder if they managed to save those whales or free Tibet yet.

They keep meaning too, but the clean-needle exchange van keeps showing up late, and they run out of time.

It is VERY disgraceful to give your president an embarrassing memorial like that. >_< How would you feel if someone did that to you? We are supposed to show a certain amount of respect to our presidents whether or not we agree with them. San Fran is just making CA look bad and reinforcing their stereotype of selfish, nuts.

I'd say the same if somebody did name an adult thing after Clinton. It's not nice, and very tacky, and makes America look like it has no respect.

I am sorry, I have to disagree. Respect is something that you earn. Winning a popularity contest does not equal earning respect.

I am sorry, I have to disagree. Respect is something that you earn. Winning a popularity contest does not equal earning respect.

LOL I remember your saying the very same thing when I reported that people had booed Bush at a baseball game. I totally know what you're saying.

However, I agree with SouthernBelle. They showed footage this week of Bush coming out of Air Force One and waving to 2 guys who would not wave back. Bush gave them a "Hello???" wave, and nothing. No matter how much I can't stand the guy, I would still wave to him if I saw him.

LOL I remember your saying the very same thing when I reported that people had booed Bush at a baseball game. I totally know what you're saying.

However, I agree with SouthernBelle. They showed footage this week of Bush coming out of Air Force One and waving to 2 guys who would not wave back. Bush gave them a "Hello???" wave, and nothing. No matter how much I can't stand the guy, I would still wave to him if I saw him.

Actually it was Marine One, the helicopter. I saw that. He waved, they did nothing, and we waved again. That about sums up his legacy. He surrounded himself with sycophants and is so out of touch with his constituency.

I personally try my best to respect everybody. But yes, the President doen't deserve a humilating memorial. He is a world leader, he handles our existance in the world, and protects our country and keeps it going. That is a very important job. He probably has more stress than any of us can imagine, especially Bush after 9/11. He knows a lot more stuff than the public. Forget all the political I'm right/you're wrong stuff, running a country has got to be a very hard job. And him handling that job isn't enough to earn a bit of respect?

I don't get what the big deal is. I'm sure other things will be named after Bush that are more respectable. It's not like this is the only monument that will ever be dedicated to him.

The people in CA are just using this as an opportunity to vent... accurately.

So then you would have no problem with say a Dr. Martin Luther King state prison?

Last edited:
I don't get what the big deal is. I'm sure other things will be named after Bush that are more respectable. It's not like this is the only monument that will ever be dedicated to him.

The people in CA are just using this as an opportunity to vent... accurately.

I hope there will be more respectable ones. This is just the first one I've heard of being dedicated to W, and it being a sewer plant just bothered me.

I think a problem is, that with all the people who mess with all the politicians, they sort of lose their humanity, so people think it's okay to humiliate them without regard to their feelings, or consider what they would feel like in their shoes. Messing with them is okay, but dedicating something horrible to them is a bit too much for me. :shrug:

Last edited:
Please.......naming a sewage factory after GWB would be a honor based on what he has done to this country.

Back
Top Bottom